Which Coins Are Trackable

Maxine&Me

It is my understanding that the Maryland coin will have an icon of the MD flag instead of the cent sign.

I've been told the MiGO (Michigan Geocaching Organization) coins are suppose to have their own individual icon also.

Windrose

I am sure that Maxine&Me would be able to confirm that.

I guess I'll have to figure out what I forgot to do with mine

Nope, just the regular gold coin with the cent sign. ....for now. I contacted GC.com and they charge a flat fee of $150 to set that icon up. I can't imagie not doing it if you are going through the trouble and expense to make them trackable

These user stat pages are going to get busy ;)

Edited by Maxine&Me
Nope, just the regular gold coin with the cent sign. ....for now. I contacted GC.com and they charge a flat fee of $150 to set that icon up. I can't imagie not doing it if you are going through the trouble and expense to make them trackable

These user stat pages are going to get busy ;)

When I posted the question in our (MiGO's) forums, about having a custom icon like Maryland, I was told that MiGO did pay the extra for the custom icon. So hopefully it will get straightened out and the icon will be different. (I, too, am an icon junkie. ;) )

Windrose

Can someone explain to me how the MIGO coin tracking on geocaching.com works?  I activated my coin on the www.mi-geocaching.org site and it is trackable only on travelertags.com. 

Are we talking about a different coin?

The coin I activated and received a seprate icon for is the one that is currently available for sale. The Geocoin club offers a free service for activating coins. This prevents the coin issuers from having to keep up with activation codes etc. If you go to this site and enter the number off of the coin they will email you an activation code.

You then go activate the coin like you would a travel bug. It works out great once you figure it out. My MIGO coins had an activation instruction sheet.

Are there trackable coins (via GC.com) other than these?

Colorado Geocoin

GB Geocoin

Geowoodstock Coin

German Geocoin

Michigan Geocoin

Moun10Bike

USA Geocoin

Maryland is to be but not shipping (is that correct) ?

Check the TrackableCoins wiki. I enjoy the trackable coins and I had my own list, offline. I desided to share my list and discovered that a wiki would be the best way to this. Visitor can edit any page and add their pages. This keeps the pages in the wiki from going stale and allows everyone to share what they know.

Check the TrackableCoins wiki. I enjoy the trackable coins and I had my own list, offline. I desided to share my list and discovered that a wiki would be the best way to this. Visitor can edit any page and add their pages. This keeps the pages in the wiki from going stale and allows everyone to share what they know.

That's pretty cool, but your GB coin listing is wrong. GB is GeoBash, not the UK coin. Here's a picture of one that you can add to the GB coin page.

5101b800-7925-4474-b990-7819f83c1fc8.jpg

Only the new MIGO coins are trackable at gc.com... the original ones are not, the only difference I see in the coins is the small "trackable at" verbiage around the coins serial #.

The new ones say exactly what?

So who wants to trade a new MIGO geocaching.com-trackable coin for a pdxmarathonman coin :blink:

You can see it Here

That's pretty cool, but your GB coin listing is wrong. GB is GeoBash, not the UK coin. Here's a picture of one that you can add to the GB coin page.

5101b800-7925-4474-b990-7819f83c1fc8.jpg

Its a wiki, go ahead and make any changes you want. The pages can be edited by anyone who logs in, you don't need my permission. The communal nature of a wiki is what keeps it fresh and relevant.

Its a wiki, go ahead and make any changes you want. The pages can be edited by anyone who logs in, you don't need my permission. The communal nature of a wiki is what keeps it fresh and relevant.

I don't know what wiwi stands for, but the page does seem to call itself a wiwi rather than a wiki :D

Sorry for the confusion. Wiwi is the name of the wiki software that I am using. Hmm, maybe I should change all references of wiwi to wiki to avoid future confusion.

Are there trackable coins (via GC.com) other than these?

Colorado Geocoin

GB Geocoin

Geowoodstock Coin

German Geocoin

Michigan Geocoin

Moun10Bike

USA Geocoin

I'm buying some Maryland Geocoins and have been told that they are trackable.

Are there  trackable coins (via GC.com) other than these?

Colorado Geocoin

GB Geocoin

Geowoodstock Coin 

German Geocoin

Michigan Geocoin

Moun10Bike

USA Geocoin

They have their own unique coin icon too! Instead of the gold coin with a cent sign it is the center from the Maryland state flag. I'm to lazy, right now, to post a picture. Maybe later.

Are there  trackable coins (via GC.com) other than these?

Colorado Geocoin

GB Geocoin

Geowoodstock Coin 

German Geocoin

Michigan Geocoin

Moun10Bike

USA Geocoin

They have their own unique coin icon too! Instead of the gold coin with a cent sign it is the center from the Maryland state flag. I'm to lazy, right now, to post a picture. Maybe later.

The Maryland coin's icon looks like this: mdcoin.gif.

I added the information I could find on the New Jersey coin as well as the now-in-production Tennessee coin which will also be trackable on gc.com.

Speaking of the NJ coin... has anybody heard any RECENT news on that one??? The thread seems to have disappeared and the webpage is a bit outdated.

Here's the list so far:

USA Geocoin (no prefix)

Moun10Bike (??)

German Geocoin (prefix GE)

Colorado Geocoin (prefix CO)

Michigan Geocoin (prefix MI)

GeoBash Geocoin (prefix GB)

Geowoodstock III (prefix GW?)

Maryland Geocoin (prefix MD)

Ohio Geocoin (prefix OH)

New Jersey Geocoin (prefix NJ)

Tennessee Geocoin (prefix TN)

Geocoin Club (prefix CC)

Kilted Cacher Geocoin (prefix PC)

Here's the list so far:

USA Geocoin (no prefix)

Moun10Bike (??)

Geowoodstock III (prefix GW?)

Ohio Geocoin (prefix OH)

Geocoin Club (prefix CC)

You forgot U.K.

(And f0t0m0m in the personal coins.)

Moun10bike is 3 digits no prefix.

GeoWoodStock III is indeed GW

Windrose

edited to add a couple more things.

Edited by Windrose

Here's the updated list so far:

USA Geocoin (no prefix)

Moun10Bike (###)

Geowoodstock III (prefix GW)

Ohio Geocoin (prefix OH)

New York Geocoin (prefix NY)

European Geocoin (prefix EU)

Geocoin Club (prefix CC)

f0t0m0m Geocoin (prefix PC)

Avroair Geocoin (prefix PC)

Edited by Kilted Cacher

I see the Canadian ones are not on the list. I found one, logged it on the Canadian Geocoin site, but it doesn't appear to be trackable on geocaching.com... therefore no icon. Any one have any more info about Canadian ones? I was all excited when I found it, thinking I was about to get a new icon. Was I doing something wrong? Perhaps not?

The Canadian ones are tracked on a separate site that does not communicate with your stats page here -- so no icon. As far as I understand it, there are FOUR types of coins:

1) Trackable (Groundspeak), organizations/countries -- special icon possible, sometimes generic icon

2) Trackable (Groundspeak), individual, -- generic icon only

3) Trackable (non-Groundspeak) -- no connection to your stats here. Many different sites.

4) Non-trackable

There is the "special" exception of the Moun10Bike coin (a personal with special icon)

Also, some coins are now coming out with the ability to attach a traditional travel bug as well by having a "loop" at the top. Germany and my own Geobone for example.

USA Geocoin (no prefix)

Moun10Bike (###)

Ohio Geocoin (prefix OH)

New York Geocoin (prefix NY)

European Geocoin (prefix EU)

Geocoin Club (prefix CC)

Add the Compass Rose Geocoin as well.

Ummm, OK. How much does it cost to make a your personal coin trackable on this site? :blink:

Never much got into the coin craze except to get new icons, BUT I would consider doing a Sn :D:o gans coin if it were trackable. :D:D:o

Ummm, OK. How much does it cost to make a your personal coin trackable on this site? :blink:

Never much got into the coin craze except to get new icons, BUT I would consider doing a Sn :D:o gans coin if it were trackable. :D:D:o

You can buy the codes from Groundspeak at $1.50 a code with a minimum of 500 codes. Your design must be approved by Groundspeak (this is easy).

Never much got into the coin craze except to get new icons, BUT I would consider doing a Sn :o:o gans coin if it were trackable. B):D:D

You can buy the codes from Groundspeak at $1.50 a code with a minimum of 500 codes. Your design must be approved by Groundspeak (this is easy).

Look for a coin from me in a few months! (to a year or more.... Let's face it I'm lazy. I have over 100 caches unlogged and 6 hides.)

Hmmmmm,

Ya think they'll approve my "A Snoogans in hand isn't nearly as much fun as a Snoogans in the bush," motto??? :DB)B)B):D

It is my understanding that the Maryland coin will have an icon of the MD flag instead of the cent sign.

I've been told the MiGO (Michigan Geocaching Organization) coins are suppose to have their own individual icon also.

Windrose

I woke up this morning, and all of a sudden this icon is in my list: migo.gif:laughing:

Edited by team simpson

USA Geocoin (no prefix)

Moun10Bike (###)

Ohio Geocoin (prefix OH)