Category Proposal: Tea Rooms And Coffee Houses

I considered nominating a category of only tea rooms, but I realize that that may narrow down this category too much. How about a category for both tea rooms and coffee houses/bars. I know that many will log the millions of Starbucks ( :) ) but there are many other interesting places to sit down and enjoy an afternoon tea or an invigorating cup of coffee.

Edit: Pictures would be nice, but posting the hours of operation will be a must, to assist other cachers (waymarkers?) in the area should they decide to have a cuppa.

Edited by Pyewacket

I know that in Canada we have been very interested in a Tim Horton's waypoint collection :D . When I'm out on a day trip, I use the GPS map which luckily includes most of these :) . If I'm sitting at home and browsing the Waymarking site though, I do not see myself having any interest at all in them :) . I would be very interested if I could do a pocket query of a Tim Horton's waymark subset though :( . Then I could have a more reliable collection of Tim's in the area of interest (GPS map once lead me to a ghost town that supposedly had a Tim's :) )

Thanx, Tony

Tee, you may collect a more interesting and eclectic group of waymarks if you refine your proposed category to exclude the big chains. I see there is already a proposal to have a Tim Horton's category, which is cool. I'm sure this will be followed closely by a Starbucks category. Yours could peacefully coexist alongside those giants if you focused on the little independent tea rooms and coffee houses -- that cool little shop tucked around the corner from the art museum, or the mom and pop place in the small town, where everyone gathers in the morning to buy the newspaper and catch up on local gossip. Some folks would appreciate being able to search your category to find these lesser-known places with a bit more personality than a corporate chain. Two days into a roadtrip, I've grown tired of Starbucks and Krispy Kreme...

Just my two cents.

Tee, you may collect a more interesting and eclectic group of waymarks if you refine your proposed category to exclude the big chains. I see there is already a proposal to have a Tim Horton's category, which is cool. I'm sure this will be followed closely by a Starbucks category. Yours could peacefully coexist alongside those giants if you focused on the little independent tea rooms and coffee houses -- that cool little shop tucked around the corner from the art museum, or the mom and pop place in the small town, where everyone gathers in the morning to buy the newspaper and catch up on local gossip. Some folks would appreciate being able to search your category to find these lesser-known places with a bit more personality than a corporate chain. Two days into a roadtrip, I've grown tired of Starbucks and Krispy Kreme...

Just my two cents.

That works, too, Lep. :)

Actually, this is what I wanted to post as a category to begin with, but I'm not sure the exact criteria for categories yet. Personally, I'd prefer to see individual categories for tea rooms and coffee houses...I'll even give up the coffee category to someone else since I don't like coffee, but I'd love to see tea rooms all over the world. Thanks, Lep. :)

Just my two cents.

Actually, we've enjoyed geocaching so much because it draws us to unusual and less frequently visited areas. We see there is already a catagory for McDonalds and you mentioned Starbucks and Tim Hortons. We are very surprised that geocaching.com would want to bring us to these over exposed locations. We say, be critical, drop all the run of the mill catagories and leave the unusual or unique. One of kind tea houses and coffee houses would fit the bill quite nicely. Let's not turn the new Waymarking site into the locationless fiasco.