Old Boy Network

This was my original post in the "Getting Started" forum:

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=105475

I have been a paid member since Sept, 2004 and can't get a response from any administrator. I believe at this point I deserve a response in some form one way or the other.

I though this game was open to everyone. If that's not the case, then let me know and as I said, I will go away.

I don't want to go away however, I want to play.

CapnJackSparrow

This was my original post in the "Getting Started" forum:

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=105475

I have been a paid member since Sept, 2004 and can't get a response from any administrator. I believe at this point I deserve a response in some form one way or the other.

I though this game was open to everyone. If that's not the case, then let me know and as I said, I will go away.

I don't want to go away however, I want to play.

CapnJackSparrow

You sent an email to your local reviewer on the 13th? He/she is a volunteer and doesn't sit here 24/7. Give it some time. Based upon your other thread, it looks pretty good right now. Keep going.

CapnJackSparrow,

I would say that you need to give the approver a little time to get back to you. Weekends are when most cachers hide a cache. If they have submitted a cache page the approver is probably working on the caches already submitted before the e-mails asking about submission. I don't think you are being excluded sometimes it just takes a little time. Three days on a weekend isn't enough.

We want you to play with us too.

Have you actually submitted this 'cache? If you have particular questions about what may or may not be allowed, PM or email your local approver directly.

My point is that I have and I get no response. This cache will take a lot of work for me to set it up and I am happy and excited to do so. But I need to know if it is going to be allowed before I bother and I can't get any response from the people that will be responsible for approving it.

How can I expect to get it approved if they wont even respond to my inquirey??

I'm not an approver. The cache is fine. It's a puzzle cache. It's not a virtual cache. It will be approved. If it's not approved the worst case is you will need to make a minor tweak to it. Nothing drastic, and nothing that will change the cache experience you intend.

There is no conspiracy. You are not being singled out. Your cache isn't the first of it's kind, it won't be the last. I'd tell you to relax but you don't seem the type. Have a drink. Place the cache and list it. All will work out.

I'm not an approver. The cache is fine. It's a puzzle cache. It's not a virtual cache. It will be approved. If it's not approved the worst case is you will need to make a minor tweak to it. Nothing drastic, and nothing that will change the cache experience you intend.

There is no conspiracy. You are not being singled out. Your cache isn't the first of it's kind, it won't be the last. I'd tell you to relax but you don't seem the type. Have a drink. Place the cache and list it. All will work out.

Ah !! a voice of reason .. thank you

...Have a drink.  Place the cache and list it.  All will work out.

...Or Plunder, Pillage, Sail The Eighth Sea, And Of Course, Make Furniture Protectors From Fine Lace Doilies. <_<

Be patient (I assume you have contacted your local approver). :huh::rolleyes:

I have calmed down thanks to my fellow cachers. I am excited to hide my first cache and was just a little disturbed when I didn't know if my idea was going to fly and couldn't seem to get a response from an administrator. I hope that some of the cachers that have responded to my post are in my area becase my FTF prize is a $100.00 gift card to Dick's Sporting Goods and other items in the cache are just as desireable.

Moving thread out of Off-Topic

Move my thread but don't reply to my topic .... this is what I don't get.

The Groundspeak Forum Moderator who moved your topic from the Off-Topic Forum to here is not a cache reviewer.

Please keep the Forum Guidelines in mind when posting. They are linked at the upper left corner of every forum page. Those Guidelines say:

-- Do not open multiple topics about the same subject.

-- Open topics in the proper forum, or they will be moved

-- Maintain respect for other community members, Groundspeak, and its volunteers.

Closing duplicate topic.