Gone Caching! Event - Reminder

avroair

Geocachers of the North East (GONE) GONE Caching! Event

Camp for the weekend --- $6 for the entire weekend

Or just attend on the Sunday, September 5th

If you haven't already reserved a campsite or acknowledged that you are attending please do so. We need to know tentative numbers and to coordinate the food (which will be pot luck).

$6!!!! Thats insane!!!!!!! What a rip off!

:P

Geocachers of the North East (GONE) GONE Caching! Event

Camp for the weekend --- $6 for the entire weekend

Or just attend on the Sunday, September 5th

If you haven't already reserved a campsite or acknowledged that you are attending please do so. We need to know tentative numbers and to coordinate the food (which will be pot luck).

$6!!!! Thats insane!!!!!!! What a rip off!

:P

For you two it is $12 cause there are two of you! :P:P

As the weekend gets closer (and No, I haven't put my reservation in for Saturday night yet . . . I haven't been given permission yet), I am curious what group hikes are being put together. Has anyone thought of a plan of attack on the many caches that the park in and around Glen Gray has to offer, as well as those at the Ramapo Reservation?

I have completed a number of them already, but was hoping to join a hike or two during the event.

As the weekend gets closer (and No, I haven't put my reservation in for Saturday night yet . . . I haven't been given permission yet), I am curious what group hikes are being put together. Has anyone thought of a plan of attack on the many caches that the park in and around Glen Gray has to offer, as well as those at the Ramapo Reservation?

I have completed a number of them already, but was hoping to join a hike or two during the event.

Here is a trail map I've made of the area.

The JPEG file is much larger and more readable. I can mail it to anyone who wants it.

4832576a-7fa9-4fed-9596-31be5d185e73.jpg

As the weekend gets closer (and No, I haven't put my reservation in for Saturday night yet . . . I haven't been given permission yet), I am curious what group hikes are being put together.  Has anyone thought of a plan of attack on the many caches that the park in and around Glen Gray has to offer, as well as those at the Ramapo Reservation?

Here is a trail map I've made of the area.

The JPEG file is much larger and more readable. I can mail it to anyone who wants it.

4832576a-7fa9-4fed-9596-31be5d185e73.jpg

Hey I'll take one of those maps if ya don't mind.

Thanks!

Mike :anitongue:

I asked Brian if it was ok to host the image on the NNJC site so anyone can pull it down and he was ok with that.

At least through this weekend in order to allow anyone going to the event to pull down the image, you can access it at:

http://www.nnjc.org/images/GG_RVCR_Mar10.jpg

You should be able to right-click the above link and Save Target As to your local machine, or click the link to display the JPG map in your browser and then right click the image in the browser to save it locally. Note: There's actually _ characters in the file name which you just can't see when it was converted to a hyperlink.

Thanks again Brian!!

Edited by Team DEMP
I asked Brian if it was ok to host the image on the NNJC site so anyone can pull it down and he was ok with that.

At least through this weekend in order to allow anyone going to the event to pull down the image, you can access it at:

You should be able to right-click the above link and Save Target As to your local machine, or click the link to display the JPG map in your browser and then right click the image in the browser to save it locally. Note: There's actually _ characters in the file name which you just can't see when it was converted to a hyperlink.

Thanks again Brian!!

Doesn't seem to print correctly from there.

Thanks again Brian!!

Just downladed and printed it here - looks good to me..

Brian... you know what they say... the mind is the SECOND thing to go

Edited by Tiffany's Slaves

I's just your original JPG file with no changes (other then the name). Printing is whatever you're using to print. Save the JPG file locally and open it/print it however your original was and it should be fine.

Must be the printer here in work. It prints fine at home.

Thanks again Brian!!

Thanks guys! :unsure:

Last time I look (and that was just a few minutes ago), there were close to 84 replies to this event; figuring that some of those replies are just notes or bug drops, you gotta figure that 50 some odd people will be attending.

Is that normal?

Also, I set up an Excel spread sheet to keep track of the Geocoins, YJTBs, and WJTB that will be present, to help me from getting lost in all the numbers and codes. I have 30 (not counting the regular, run-of-the-mill travel bugs) so far that I hope to log.

Is THAT normal?

(I'm getting excited)

I'm almost embarrassed at how excited I am. ;) My wife says my inner twelve-year-old boy is showing.

hehe...me too! I wasn't sure if I'd camp or not, but after taking inventory of my gear I just have too!! I'll see most of you prickly pears in the morning!! :laughing:

Edit: I will be bringing food as well, just not sure exactly what yet, but I take it since we have the dining hall we will have access to electricity in case I bring a crock pot?

Kar of TS!!

Edited by Team Shibby