Geowoodstock 4 Information

9Key

If ya got really crazy you could in theory use someone’s cell phone that has an unlimited data package hook it to a laptop and have that laptop act as the internet gateway and plug a WAP into the laptop. Of course all in theory. Not to mention it would probably be ridiculously slow. :)

I've tried using Cingular Edge data network with my Pocket PC through my GSM/bluetooth cellphone and it was in fact ridiculously slow. Not worth the bother. :)

Any scheduling information on the various cache runs and information on the areas these runs will encompass?

This was just posted to the event page:

My cache run is planned for Friday morning. I plan on meeting in the Marina parking lot at Cedar Hills State Park at 0900. We will leave Cedar Hill at about 930am or so. We will get to the parking area at about 1015am. Caching between 1015-1415 and I estimate to get back to Cedar Hill at about 3pm or so. In time to register and still make it to Snoogans Meet and Greet.

Be prepared for about a 5 miles round trip walk with a varying terrain, but nothing extreme. Bringing water is a must. It might not be a cache dense run, but it will be a memorable one.

Caches to include :

Don't Shoot Me, I'm Only A Geocacher GCT9GV Gotta Go -- reborn GCTTW0 Don't Step in the Quicksand GCR0H8 The REAL Problem With Baseball GCQGD3 Sesame Street- Bert GCQR50 NatureMade GCR24M Wind Swept Plains GCTBV7 Brand New Ways To Be Cruel GCT3E1 Buck! GCR24W Take a Hike to Benbrook (Lake?) GCT1CR Gobble Gobble GCTPF3 Son Of Three Buckets GCTRG4 Man/Nature/Himself GCQR56

And if time permits, maybe getting a few more in at some other places around the lake.

The full schedule will be posted Saturday.

Thanks!

Yes it is Friday 26th May...come one, come all.

Another cache has been added to the area since this was posted, and it looks like at least one more geocache and a terracache will be added by the morning of the run.

I want everybody to get a FTF on a new cache on the run, I just need to get off my butt and hike out there to place it.

Zeke's Aunt is looking for silent auction donations. Unique cache containers or containers with unique camo. These should be ready to go with logs and info sheets, etc. Swag is not neccesary. Normal containers are welcome too. Unused t-shirts. Unactivated geocoins. Any and all caching stuff. We must have them by the close of registration Friday, May 26. Thanks!