Mapsource City Select Na Version 7

GeoBobC

They do have v7 of CityNavigator-NA available for the MapViewer and the map detail/POIs of CN and CS have been identical so far.

One difference with v7 is that CN has switched to much larger regions and Garmin has indicated that CS still uses the previous region size (that's good since the larger regions are incompatible with models that have limited memory size, like the LegendC/VistaC and 60 series).

But to check on map and/or POI updates you could just look at CN-NA v7 with the MapViewer.

I just upgraded from City Select version 6.02 to 7.0 . My version 6.02 was unlocked to my 2 garmin gps units, ONE is for the new 60c and the other is for my old EMAP. When I upgraded to version 7.0 I can see records of gps unit i unlock when I check my account at www.garmin.com it shows like this:

60c ---- 780xxxunit#-------cityselect 7.0 v -------25#pin

60c ---- 780xxxunit#-------cityselect 6.0 v -------25#pin

EMAP--- 350xxxunit#------- cityselect 6.0v -------25#pin

My question is , do I still have one free unlock of version 7.0 for my EMAP and is it possible to unlock other compatible Garmin GPS rather than unlocking my EMAP to version 7.0 city select?

Since I`m selling my EMAP and thinking if I just save the extra free unlock of version 7.0 city select to future garmin unit that i might purchase later on...???

Edited by AWGD8
My question is , do I still have one free unlock of version 7.0 for my EMAP and is it possible to unlock other compatible Garmin GPS rather than unlocking my EMAP to version 7.0 city select?

I presume that when you first got CitySelect (v6) the initial unlock was for the 60c and the eMap got the second unlock.

I've heard that when you get an upgrade on a locked map product the primary GPS must remain the same but that the second unlock can be used for a different receiver. I haven't had occasion to verify this, but it would mean that you could sell the eMap and use the second CS v7 unlock on a VistaC or other Garmin replacement unit.

Just finished loading the v7 as an upgrade. It based the upgrade on one (the 1st) unlock code, requiring the $75 charge.

Along with the email containing the 25 character code is an unlock 'coupon' for the second unit.

I'm still checking the upgrade before unlocking/upgrading the second.

reply to Peter:

Yes, my primary gps unit that I unlocked for CITY SELECT VERSION 6.02 was the 60C then the second one to emap. During the Upgrade to 7.0 V. It only shows

the 60c as unlocked with version 7 city select. I logged in to garmin and there is an option that I can unlock city select v7 to a 2nd unit, but i have to give the gps serial # (which I haven`t done since I`m thinking of selling my EMAP).

Edited by AWGD8