Gentle Reminders Not Working

Thot

A cacher picked up one of my bugs 2 ½ months ago and has not dropped it off. This cacher joined in early ’03, but only hunts very sporadically. Though he’s been caching for 2 ½ years he has only found about 30 caches.

After he’d held it for a month I emailed him asking if he still had it or if it was lost. He replied he had it, was very apologetic, gave excuses and said he’d get it going within a week. When nothing had happened in 3 weeks I wrote again, saying I wanted to be sure it hadn’t been misplaced. Again, in a very apologetic reply giving excuses he said he’d place it within 2-3 days. After another 2 weeks I wrote another gentle reminder. Another apology with excuses and a guarantee he would put it somewhere in 2 days.

That was 2-3 weeks ago and he’s still holding the bug. He's been to a cache to pick up a white jeep since I’ve been writing him.

I assume no one has a way to deal with this situation? Obviously I’ll get no where making demands and may have him throw the bug in the trash. Do I just standby and hope he places it someday? Do I continue to jack him up at the risk of POing him? If so, at what intervals?

Edited by Thot