Sign in to follow this  
Followers 3
Dr123d

Geocaching Net.

If we were to start a net, I would do it on 80 meter, it is the best for a wide area, as in multistate, if you want to do a local, get permission from a local repeater group and schedule a time and post it.

But for Geocaching, I would probably go with the 80 meter route, since there are NOT that many of us that do both, so the wider the area you can cover the better.

Only problem is that generals and above have access to 80 meter.

Edited by ole trout

Is the geocaching net still going on?

Thanks

If we were to start a net, I would do it on 80 meter, it is the best for a wide area, as in multistate, if you want to do a local, get permission from a local repeater group and schedule a time and post it.

But for Geocaching, I would probably go with the 80 meter route, since there are NOT that many of us that do both, so the wider the area you can cover the better.

Only problem is that generals and above have access to 80 meter.

Don't have the gear for it, but my understanding is that in the Seattle/Tacoma area there is quite a bit of Geocaching activity on one of the local 220 machines...now I just need to get some 220 gear :)

Who is up for trying a geocaching qso on 20m or 40m?

That sounds great. I have ran into many Geocacahers while out looking for caches but have never ran into any hams. I think a geocache net on 20, 40 or 80 meters would be great.

Mike. KB9UUQ

Don't have the gear for it, but my understanding is that in the Seattle/Tacoma area there is quite a bit of Geocaching activity on one of the local 220 machines...now I just need to get some 220 gear :)

another place for a net would be 60 meters orThe FCC has granted amateurs 5332, 5348, 5368, 5373 and 5405 kHz- on HF 3' s N9GGZ

another place for a net would be 60 meters orThe FCC has granted amateurs 5332, 5348, 5368, 5373 and 5405 kHz- on HF 3' s N9GGZ

de KB9UUQ

60 meters would be OK, but doesn't the FCC limit those channelized freqs to 50 watts ERP?

I'd be willing to give it a try on one those 5Mhz channels...anyone else?

Who is up for trying a geocaching qso on 20m or 40m?

That sounds great. I have ran into many Geocacahers while out looking for caches but have never ran into any hams. I think a geocache net on 20, 40 or 80 meters would be great.

Mike. KB9UUQ

I think a geocaching net on 40m would be great.

So if the IRLP net is still going on is it Thursday night still? I connected to the Echolink sites listed and was only able to connect to VE7MTY-L but no one was around. I will try and remember to give it another go Thursday. 73 de KR8U A.K.A. Dennis Team_Fitz

So if the IRLP net is still going on is it Thursday night still? I connected to the Echolink sites listed and was only able to connect to VE7MTY-L but no one was around. I will try and remember to give it another go Thursday. 73 de KR8U A.K.A. Dennis Team_Fitz