What Do You Think?

AgilePaws

I'm VERY new to geocaching and I'm already planning my first cache. I like the travel bug idea a lot. I've been airbrushing for a couple of years now and thought of airbrushing a geocaching t-shirt and having it sent along through caches and have everyone who finds it sign it and pass it along, eventually returning to me. Anyone ever do anything like this? I wouldn't expect actual names, but their screen names would be really cool and a great keepsake. Ideas?

It would be cool. Keep in mind a few things. Some caches leak and get nasty inside, so placing your shirt in a good Ziploc will help keep it clean. It wil be a fairly large TB so may not fit in many caches (the trend these days is to smaller and smaller caches).

Also, TBs go missing, so you may never see the shirt in the end.

But don't let that discourage you. Go for it and good luck.

Eww...

Johhny Cacher has a sweating problem and just caught a bad case of chiggers. He hikes for 3 miles during 90°F heat and finds a cache with the Travel Bug T-shirt. He puts it on, takes a pic and takes it out to his car. It sits in the back of his pick up truck for a week and then he places it in a rest-stop cache.

I'm not sure I'd want to put that shirt on. :)