Minnesotans!

dingermcduff

Not sure if I ever posted on here or not (too lazy to read all posts; yeah, that's HOW I AM, lol)

lizs - SE MN. 35 miles southeast of Rochester; 20 miles from Iowa border; 35 miles from Decorah. (get that GPS and mapping software out and figure it out!! :D )

Mostly, I want to see my new avatar. LOL!

Just curious, but did you guys hear Ian and Margery on 107.1 fm talking about geocaching today? They interviewed Layne Cameron who wrote The Geocaching Handbook and took some calls from geocachers. We were very well represented. I listen on the net every morning and tried to get on a couple times. Koneko, from Massachusetts actually got on for a few minutes and did a good job representing us. :)

It's funny, I had previously written to Ian telling him about geocaching. I'm guessing he never saw that email because it was all news to him today. He and Margery both thought it sounded like fun and want to give it a shot...I think he's just eager to play with his iphone some more.

They might have replays of the show available later on their website.

gaturro&conejitem, dreaming to live in Rochester, MN :laughing:

We started to do geocaching in Rochester, on 10/19/2008.

We love the Midwest !. We went to Duluth, Lacrosse, Lanesboro, Grand Portage, Bemidgi among other cities. We drove all the way North to the Canadian border too, twice!, stopping at many state parks!

Perhaps someday will we get the chance to work and live in Rochester!, the most wonderful town to live and grow up a familiy.

Cheers! :o

yes! I heard the bit and started a month later. i listen to them every day and i too thought he had discussed this before.

Just curious, but did you guys hear Ian and Margery on 107.1 fm talking about geocaching today? They interviewed Layne Cameron who wrote The Geocaching Handbook and took some calls from geocachers. We were very well represented. I listen on the net every morning and tried to get on a couple times. Koneko, from Massachusetts actually got on for a few minutes and did a good job representing us. :lol:

It's funny, I had previously written to Ian telling him about geocaching. I'm guessing he never saw that email because it was all news to him today. He and Margery both thought it sounded like fun and want to give it a shot...I think he's just eager to play with his iphone some more.

They might have replays of the show available later on their website.

Edited by marinemommy

Stangedude - Eden Prairie

Went out for the first time today and found the coordinants to three but no cache. Need to go and look again. Other people found stuff there yesterday and today.

Still a newbie at this. Mentors welcomed!! :)

A little late, but you may want to check out the MnGCA forums:

http://mngca.org

Normally there's weekly gatherings, everyone welcome.

TTMCCHOLT-Family of 5, Mom, Dad, and 3 kids. Started geocaching after learning about it at oldest boys environmental learning center camp for 5th grade last year. We are hooked. The kids love the adventure and finding new fun spots to hike and play. New Brighton, MN