The "frog Eating Popcorn" Smiley

Hugh Jazz

She didn't want to hear that last part... she screened it out and started complaining that she was such a victim... everyone treated her SO bad all the time, all her life, and now we are doing it too...

Wasn't long before she was permanently excluded from the group.

Ah, self-fulfilling prophecy. Probably not the first or last time she's experienced it.

Good post.

You have the right to remain silent. If you don't use that right, everything you write in forums can and will be used against you in quotes, partial or full, in and out of context, with and without smileys (including popcorn eating ones). You have the right to talk about it to your shrink. If you cannot afford a shrink, go geocaching and talk to the trees.

That's classic! All that's missing are a few of these --> police.gifcopcar.gifpolice.gif

As for :D being offensive. I just don't get it. How do you even know the poster is doing it in response to ANY Posts? Maybe they have adopted signal as their digital internet pet and he's hungry. Seeing as how the folks at PETA would probably have a cow (pun intended) if someone were to create a smilie of Signal eating a fly (insect cruelty)... we feed him popcorn instead. Would it not be cruel to deprive Signal of food? I think so.

No, I just don't see how :o could be offensive. I mean, seriously.. when compared to something like this ---> neener.gif which would make it quite obvious that someone were poking fun at someone else.

TRUST ME, there are much more offensive smilies in cyberspace... I'll not post them here, must protect the kiddies and all... but the only way I would be offended by a frog eating popcorn would be .... ummm.. oh yeah... If I were popcorn!!

Edited to add this guy dance1.gif just cause I think he's cool.

Edited by TeamZebra

All I can say is: "Si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes," dude.  :laughing:  :rolleyes:

Well, according to my handy-dandy internet latin-english translator, that means...

"If you wish this legere scis too much instruction government" :laughing:

GeoForse

Best way to get the REAL translation is just copy/paste the entire phrase into a Google (or similar) search. You'll get lots of responses... and the correct translation. Cute.... and VERY true - provided you didn't have to look it up.

Cute.... and VERY true - provided you didn't have to look it up.

:laughing: Is there a major difference between mere memorization and the ability to gain knowledge?

After all, some of the idiot savants around can show enormous amounts of memory without much comprehension.

I have worked with autistic sub teens who would quote entire newspaper articles on a random ( seemingly ) basis. :laughing:

As for :laughing: being offensive.  I just don't get it.  How do you even know the poster is doing it in response to ANY Posts?  Maybe they have adopted signal as their digital internet pet and he's hungry.  Seeing as how the folks at PETA would probably have a cow (pun intended) if someone were to create a smilie of Signal eating a fly (insect cruelty)... we feed him popcorn instead.  Would it not be cruel to deprive Signal of food?  I think so.

PETA --- That's People Eating Tasty Animals right?

As for :laughing: being offensive.  I just don't get it.  How do you even know the poster is doing it in response to ANY Posts?  Maybe they have adopted signal as their digital internet pet and he's hungry.  Seeing as how the folks at PETA would probably have a cow (pun intended) if someone were to create a smilie of Signal eating a fly (insect cruelty)... we feed him popcorn instead.  Would it not be cruel to deprive Signal of food?  I think so.

PETA --- That's People Eating Tasty Animals right?

That's what it stands for in East Tennessee... but there's some stranger folks in more Western areas of the country that think animals shouldn't be consumed. So I guess that's where they decided Signal the Frog likes popcorn instead of flies. Then again, wasn't there some sort of diet once where you were supposed to eat popcorn?? Maybe Siggy is trying to lose weight???

:laughing: For cryin out loud, I can't possibly understand how someone who is offended by a smiley can function in the real world. If you can't handle the pressure ya might want to avoid the forums. I mean this as a general statement of course, I wouldn't direct this toward anyone specifically, If I offended anyone well ... :laughing:
As for Violin Signal... he's good, but he needs a band.

music-smiley-011.gif

:lol:

smilies-33620.png

Haha, that's awesome! Can someone combine those all into one .gif?

Ummm.... not sure if any of my editing programs can handle animated .gifs. Never tried... I'm sure someone here knows how to do it... if I happen to fail miserably. :anibad:

:laughing: For cryin out loud, I can't possibly understand how someone who is offended by a smiley can function in the real world. If you can't handle the pressure ya might want to avoid the forums. I mean this as a general statement of course, I wouldn't direct this toward anyone specifically, If I offended anyone well ... :lol:

I am offended by 57chevy referring to the violin playing signal as a "smiley", since as anyone can plainly see, he is NOT smiling!

:P

All I can say is: "Si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes," dude.  :lol:  B)

Well, according to my handy-dandy internet latin-english translator, that means...

"If you wish this legere scis too much instruction government" :P

GeoForse

Best way to get the REAL translation is just copy/paste the entire phrase into a Google (or similar) search. You'll get lots of responses... and the correct translation. Cute.... and VERY true - provided you didn't have to look it up.

Too late, you looked it up :laughing: now it applies to you too!

All I can say is: "Si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes," dude.  :lol:  :huh:

"If you wish this legere scis too much instruction government" :lol:

GeoForse

Too late, you looked it up :laughing: now it applies to you too!

Ugh! Not fair!

As for Violin Signal... he's good, but he needs a band.

music-smiley-011.gif

:rolleyes:

smilies-33620.png

Haha, that's awesome! Can someone combine those all into one .gif?

Ummm.... not sure if any of my editing programs can handle animated .gifs. Never tried... I'm sure someone here knows how to do it... if I happen to fail miserably. :P

You sure that isn't really the Rolling Stones? Signal kind of looks like Mick - but better and of course Mick doesn't play the fiddle. :P

Actually, I think it is nice to have a thread about Signal in the normally very serious .com forums. It has given me back my warm fuzzy feeling towards Jeremy because he gave us this... :laughing:

:cry:

Thanks again Jeremy!

Shirley~

Oh, Hugh Jazz, I think all of the smilies are fun and can be used to defuse a situation at times or show that is a poster is just teasing. It would be so much worse if we did not have them....

Lowracer, I find your current profile name to be disrespectful on a family-friendly site.

:laughing:

So, who has the record for socks?

I believe that would be either mtn-man or Spartacus.

I have to say that I had not really read this topic until now. I feel sort of insulted by Leprechauns saying that I, mtn-man, have a lot of sock puppet accounts. I would never do anything like that myself.

Lowracer, I find your current profile name to be disrespectful on a family-friendly site.

:laughing:

I have to say that I had not really read this topic until now. I feel sort of insulted by Leprechauns saying that I, mtn-man, have a lot of sock puppet accounts. I would never do anything like that myself.

Why does my post say puppymonster?

:(

Why does my post say puppymonster?

:cry::cry::cry::laughing:

I'm waiting for a new icon with two froggies staring face-to-face to replace the word "vis-a-vis" used by the OP. :ph34r:

Personally, I find forced use of "erudite" language to be disrespectful. Not only do those words force us to waste time by looking them up in the dictionary, they potentially waste bandwidth. Internet sarcasms annoy me, too, but at least the point can be made without wasting words. :D

You can "steal" these by right-clicking on one and choosing the option to "Copy Image Address." Then save that URL. I use the "Notes" feature in my Opera browser to save snippets of text like that. :ph34r:

:D When I right click I don't get that on the popup menu. :lol:

me neither! :lol: