The "frog Eating Popcorn" Smiley

Hugh Jazz

Okay, popcorn disrespectful. Got it.

My question is (understanding, please, that I'm at teacher inservice training all this week and my brain is like - not even on the premises...):

:P

((((This is where I was going to type: what in the world is this emoticon doing?... But of course when it popped and I hovered over it, I saw "ice cream." So Signal likes raspberry sorbet? Really, I thought it would be moose tracks - that's my favorite.))))

I will be going to bed soon, people - the forums will be safe momentarily.

That's all for now. Move along.

Momma Marauder

:blink:

Now it is official (and probably the last time I can use this emoticon without being accused of bad customer service)

Gee, if I knew it was going to be added to the "official" icons, I would have done a better job on it.

Better job nothing ... I think it is great. :P You should have seen all me attempts.

Do you want to make one of Signal Bowing? :lol::lol:

Now it is official (and probably the last time I can use this emoticon without being accused of bad customer service)

Gee, if I knew it was going to be added to the "official" icons, I would have done a better job on it.

Better job nothing ... I think it is great. :P You should have seen all me attempts.

Do you want to make one of Signal Bowing? :lol::lol:

I think one of signal 'bowling', with a smiley as the bowling ball would be funtastic!

Can you do that one? Please....

Shirley~

Better job nothing ... I think it is great. :lol: You should have seen all me attempts.

Do you want to make one of Signal Bowing? :P:lol:

I think one of signal 'bowling', with a smiley as the bowling ball would be funtastic!

Can you do that one? Please....

Shirley~

I think the smiley used as the bowling ball would have to be this one: :lol:

As a computer idiot, I am asking how to get the emoticon's in this thread not currently on the menu. Can someone instruct me? This thread is a gas!

PM-ed you the details. I don't know why, but several of the emoticons don't show up in "Show all" when I click it.

That'd be because the are not configured as emoticons. The poster is simply linking to an image.

Jan

Thanks for the lighthearted banter folks. I'm sure you're just doing it to, as we say here in Kansas, "razz" me, because deep down you know these hurtful emoticons hurt others' feelings too, and we all do that from time to time since we're all humans and we sometimes unintentionally or intentionally hurt those we care about the most. And when we realize we've hurt those who we care about the most, we sometimes engage in humourous banter with them to help mask the pain, itch, and discomfort of the situation. And that's just what's happening here.

But in all seriousness, just please don't post the dang popcorn or violin thing anymore. It hurts my feelings. If you persist in doing it, I'll forgive you of course but I'll still be hurt by it.

Please be nice to each other. And if you get the chance and find yourself in Portland Oregon, please do visit the original cache site, where you'll find a nice tribute plaque set in concrete, marking the exact spot for posterity.

Thank You,

Sincerely:

Hugh Jazz

Thanks for the lighthearted banter folks.  I'm sure you're just doing it to, as we say here in Kansas, "razz" me, because deep down you know these hurtful emoticons hurt others' feelings too, and we all do that from time to time since we're all humans and we sometimes unintentionally or intentionally hurt those we care about the most. And when we realize we've hurt those who we care about the most, we sometimes engage in humourous banter with them to help mask the pain, itch, and discomfort of the situation.  And that's just what's happening here.

But in all seriousness, just please don't post the dang popcorn or violin thing anymore.  It hurts my feelings.  If you persist in doing it, I'll forgive you of course but I'll still be hurt by it. 

Please be nice to each other.  And if you get the chance and find yourself in Portland Oregon, please do visit the original cache site, where you'll find a nice tribute plaque set in concrete, marking the exact spot for posterity.

Thank You,

Sincerely:

Hugh Jazz

Blah blah blah.... waaa waaa waaa... blah blah blah... bricks.gif

munchies.gif

Ohhhhh.... Chips!!! I love, love, love chips!!!!!!! Must.. Leave.. Chips.. Alone.......

I love all the different emoticons folks come up with. Remember when the Internet was all text and you had to learn a bit of unix to do it? I like this better. :rolleyes:

I love all the different emoticons folks come up with. Remember when the Internet was all text and you had to learn a bit of unix to do it? I like this better. :rolleyes:

I say, "If Al Gore had wanted us to have little green frogs eating popcorn emoticons on the internet, he would have invented it that way!"

:)

But in all seriousness, just please don't post the dang popcorn or violin thing anymore.  It hurts my feelings.  If you persist in doing it, I'll forgive you of course but I'll still be hurt by it.

In all seriousness, if it really hurts your "feelings" when someone expresses he is amused or entertained by some discussion, comment or argument, then you are way too thin skinned for any public forum.

You have the right to remain silent. If you don't use that right, everything you write in forums can and will be used against you in quotes, partial or full, in and out of context, with and without smileys (including popcorn eating ones). You have the right to talk about it to your shrink. If you cannot afford a shrink, go geocaching and talk to the trees.

Jan

I would like to amend the topic to include the protest of the use of emoticons featuring frogs playing violins or other stringed instruments.  Those too are offensive and disprespectful and in violation of forum guidelines concerning respectful conduct vis-a-vis others, and I respectfully submit that these too be rescinded from the site.  Emoticons featuring frogs playing the saxophone would be preferable, as the saxophone has never been associated with anything disrespectful in any form or shape.

I may need to create yet another personality to deal with this situation.  Your disregard for forum decorum is in itself disrespectful of all site users.

(looks up at the verbose, muiti-syllabic posting style - combining with rather offensive name - and shakes head)

All I can say is: "Si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes," dude. :rolleyes::)

Edited by Sparrowhawk

All I can say is: "Si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes" dude.  :rolleyes:  :)

:) Are those martian curse words? :)

Actually it's Latin for something that's pretty funny in context. The meaning I will not reveal. Too much fun as is. I plan to make a bumpersticker out of this latin phrase someday... crack up some linguist somewhere. :D

All I can say is: "Si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes" dude.  :rolleyes:  :)

:) Are those martian curse words? :)

Actually it's Latin for something that's pretty funny in context. The meaning I will not reveal. Too much fun as is. I plan to make a bumpersticker out of this latin phrase someday... crack up some linguist somewhere. :D

Fortunately for me I had to look it up.

Funny!

Seriously speaking, though... I've had the misfortune of hanging out with a certain individual over-sensitive type... they tried to control the speech of my whole friend group by taking something mildly annoying (and not personal to her) and blowing it up into a "you can't say that, it hurts me." (it had to do with blond jokes at the time)

OK, sure, we can try watching our speech, we thought. No more blond jokes. But then it started being a censorship tactic on us. It was semi-OK, when she picked that one goofy thing, but then she started picking more and more nothing-to-do-with-her stuff to blow out of proportion... taking more things personal that weren't personal, and imposing more and more censorship rules on the group. Emotional blackmail.

Of course, it ended up after several months that we decided that this was getting pretty stupid and extreme and we started telling her that her oversensitivity was counterproductive and please quit taking stuff so personally. Learn to laugh at yourself and at life for a change... you'll feel better.

She didn't want to hear that last part... she screened it out and started complaining that she was such a victim... everyone treated her SO bad all the time, all her life, and now we are doing it too...

Wasn't long before she was permanently excluded from the group.

Long story short: if you choose take too much stuff that is not personal to you personally, that's your choice to do that... but all you do is alienate other people and ultimately shoot yourself in the foot, as far as other people is concerned.

Direct insults like "you are a "$@!$" are another thing altogether... but a silly little emoticon might be a signal (pun not intended) to just quit taking oneself and life so darn seriously. You'll live longer.