Busy On Sept 4th

podlians pod

well i guess i accept your double dog dare..

whats the point of doing these kind of you cant get cut/scraped/wet/cold/bruised/etc i mean where else is the fun?:rolleyes:

Oh and you will, you will.

Even in the dryness of the summer. Don't be fooled at how east the first 3 WP's are the last two are the killers.

but i think park rangers/fellow cachers would be upset if i made the trail easier to follow

:blink: I don't think you need to worry about that! We followed others by a week or two, and there was almost no trace. It was brutal. Likewise, my machette did come in very handy, but I seriously doubt it would have helped anyone who came after us. So, bring your machette - you're still in for a grind down to bare metal. Good luck!

:blink:

Those that ooze through the brush will expend far less energy than those that hack or crash through it.

Please respect my wishes to leave this chunk of woods as virgin as I found it. The real challenge is to leave no trace of your visit other than a signature in the logbook.

:P

What ever you do, don't try to arrest your fall and grab a devils club.......don't ask me how I know......:rolleyes:

The first 4 weren't that bad, but the last one kicked my butt. I took a short cut through the neighborhood back to my car after the last one and I scared a group of kids. They saw this crazed, beaten, bleeding, filthy man with stinckers poking out all over and ran screaming!......:) Have fun.

Please respect my wishes to leave this chunk of woods as virgin as I found it.  The real challenge is to leave no trace of your visit other than a signature in the logbook.

:laughing: Feh. It ain't called a bushwhack for nothin', and "the challenge of bushwhacking is the ONLY reason for doing this series." Roll your eyes if you must, Runhills, but I'll tell you what: If you go out there and can find our trail to Dessert, I owe you a beer. :laughing:

:anibad: Feh. It ain't called a bushwhack for nothin', and "the challenge of bushwhacking is the ONLY reason for doing this series." Roll your eyes if you must, Runhills, but I'll tell you what: If you go out there and can find our trail to Dessert, I owe you a beer. :lol:

I hope that you are just kidding. We have lost other caches that were intended to be tough because someone hacked a trail right to them.

These caches were placed to honor the ultimate bushwhacker. He respects nature and does not use a machette during his whacking. EGH please correct me if I'm wrong.

I hope that you are just kidding. We have lost other caches that were intended to be tough because someone hacked a trail right to them.

A machette used judiciously won't necessarily create a trail. In my experience, it's repetition of footfall that creates the geotrails we all try to avoid exacerbating.

Like I said, I'll buy a round for anyone that can find my trail up there...

Please respect my wishes to leave this chunk of woods as virgin as I found it.  The real challenge is to leave no trace of your visit other than a signature in the logbook.

:anibad: Feh. It ain't called a bushwhack for nothin', and "the challenge of bushwhacking is the ONLY reason for doing this series." Roll your eyes if you must, Runhills, but I'll tell you what: If you go out there and can find our trail to Dessert, I owe you a beer. :lol:

Let me try another approach. Just your attitude about the machette makes me want to delete your log and pull the cache. This series was not meant to be man against the woods but rather man against himself. Try playing the game the way I as the hider meant!

Let me try another approach.  Just your attitude about the machette makes me want to delete your log and pull the cache. 

That seems unnecessarily hostile, especially since you seem to have made some assumptions about me and how I did the series, without knowing either. My point has been that I'm willing to wager I've left no detectable trace. I wouldn't want it any other way, as I respect and enjoy nature and that's why I do caches like this series. I also respect and appreciate the time and effort you put into setting this series up, so I hope you're not serious about pulling it. Let me know if you ever want that beer...

To return the thread to those who are planning their adventure, I'll second the suggestion that gaiters would be helpful. Also indispensible (because of the previously mentioned devil's club, along with nettles, etc.) are thick work gloves. Oh, and your sense of humor - remember, this is fun. You may have to occasionally remind yourself of that, as I am now. Best of luck and be safe.

Jeff

Hmm... Where to start, where to start? DON'T BE AN A**HOLE OR IT WILL GET PULLED AND I WILL HELP! Please do not proceed on your plans to attempt this cache at this time of year. Weather you realize it or not the damage you could do will have an effect. Peace, Nolenator

Holy SH** I make one JOKING comment about a machete and this is what I stirred up. Just out of couriosity why shouldn't Podlians Pod attempt this cache at this time of year?

I got confused at your post, it sounded like you are thinking that LJ is going, he already has, a while ago, and podlians has already said he wasn't going to use a machette. I think PP understood I was joking and that I was speaking about the mental toughness needed for this cache.

:anitongue:

Hmm... Where to start, where to start?  DON'T BE AN A**HOLE OR IT WILL GET PULLED AND I WILL HELP!  Please do not proceed on your plans to attempt this cache at this time of year.  Weather you realize it or not the damage you could do will have an effect.  Peace, Nolenator

Holy SH** I make one JOKING comment about a machete and this is what I stirred up. Just out of couriosity why shouldn't Podlians Pod attempt this cache at this time of year?

I got confused at your post, it sounded like you are thinking that LJ is going, he already has, a while ago, and podlians has already said he wasn't going to use a machette. I think PP understood I was joking and that I was speaking about the mental toughness needed for this cache.

:anitongue:

Andrew (and others) that may not be aware....

I think the reason people get a little bent out of sorts when you mention the word machette or cutting your way into a cache might have to do with what happend about a 1 1/2 years ago.

Fen Dweller had a cache called 'The Belt of My Last Victim'. Although there was a slight trail into the cache it was hard to find. Most of us had to bushwack into it crawling through mud and everything else you can imagine. It was actually kind of fun though. You should view some of the pictures if you can still access the cache.

Anyway, everyone was having fun with this cache until a couple cachers came along and machetted their way (creating a highway!) to the cache. Most of the geo-community was very upset. As was Fen Dweller, who then pulled the cache.

So I think you may be getting a reaction from people who remember that incident.

Is that so guys?

Hope this helps.

Donna (WD)

Edited by Wienerdog
Hmm... Where to start, where to start?  DON'T BE AN A**HOLE OR IT WILL GET PULLED AND I WILL HELP!  Please do not proceed on your plans to attempt this cache at this time of year.  Weather you realize it or not the damage you could do will have an effect.  Peace, Nolenator

:lol:

Andrew (and others) that may not be aware....

I think the reason people get a little bent out of sorts when you mention the word machete or cutting your way into a cache might have to do with what happend about a 1 1/2 years ago.

Fen Dweller had a cache called 'The Belt of My Last Victim'. Although there was a slight trail into the cache it was hard to find. Most of us had to bushwack into it crawling through mud and everything else you can imagine. It was actually kind of fun though. You should view some of the pictures if you can still access the cache.

Anyway, everyone was having fun with this cache until a couple cachers came along and machetted their way (creating a highway!) to the cache. Most of the geo-community was very upset. As was Fen Dweller, who then pulled the cache.

So I think you may be getting a reaction from people who remember that incident.

Is that so guys?

Hope this helps.

Donna (WD)

Hey thanks WD

what seemed like a innocent comment really honked some people off. I definitly don't think a machette would be apropriate for this cache.

Now a DR field and brush mower... :laughing: Just kidding.

Edited by Moun10Bike

Just wanted to say that I was looking at the photos of this cache adventure, and some .avis I made while we were in there, and I remembered how much fun we had. Sure, we were covered in dirt, scratched and bruised, but the sight of one of us falling head first down the slope or falling off of logs into streams made me laugh so hard I almost cried. :P And I think if we'd had a machete someone would have fallen on it for sure! :rolleyes: I suggested to podlian's pod when he talked to me about this adventure that he wait til a little later in the year til the vegetation has died back to make the going easier, but maybe he enjoys the challenge. :P For that matter, the challenge is the reason for this cache. It's a good sense of accomplishment at the end. Anyway, just wanted to say I had fun and I hope nothing gets destroyed or pulled. Thanks!

Just wanted to say that I was looking at the photos of this cache adventure, and some .avis I made while we were in there, and I remembered how much fun we had. Sure, we were covered in dirt, scratched and bruised, but the sight of one of us falling head first down the slope or falling off of logs into streams made me laugh so hard I almost cried. :rolleyes:

Remembering that made me laugh too! :P I have never been so tired as I was after finishing the feast, but it sure was fun with that terrific group we had!