Whats The Joke

I went to a cache that had two snakes jump out at you when you open it. Have you ever placed or found a joke cache if so did you thank it was funney  ;)

I have thought of doing one like that. :huh: It would be more fun in a night cache :(

I have three joke caches now, non with snakes that pop out, my girl freind thinks they are gross but every who has found them has enjoyed them. ;)

Edited by JohnnyVegas

I did one like this in Carmel IN. don't want to be more specific, as I don't want to spoil the surprise for others. But I know that the woman with her small child on the nearby swings must've wondered about the nutcase laughing in the bushes. I enjoyed the humor of it.

I went to a cache that had two snakes jump out at you when you open it. Have you ever placed or found a joke cache if so did you thank it was funney  ;)

Been there, done that, several times. Each time I knew what it was gonna be so I didn't get a jolt out of it. It was more interesting when I went there with people who weren't expecting it. THAT was funny. :huh:

I found another cache that had a trigger on the lid where when you opened it, an alarm sounded. Good thing it was raining that day, because the park it was in would've been quite crowded had it been a clear day...

I thought about hiding a "joy-buzzer" cache, where when you touched the handle to open the container, you got a (very) mild electrical shock. I'm not much of a handyman, though, so that idea wound up on the cutting room floor pretty quickly.

Edited by Team Perks

If you want a joke cache that'll really get people try this... Attach a container to the side of a tree, but make sure that you can remove the whole thing from the harness part attaching it. It's important that it's not obvious the container can be remove from the tree. Now, make sure it will only open on the side (NOT the top), and fill the whole thing with marbles. If it's not removed from the tree whoever opens the cache will "lose their marbles". I fell for it hook, line and sinker. ;)

Oh yeah, it's also important that the container isn't see-through. If I remember correctly the one I found was a metal box with a hing on the side.

I place a cache that when you open it an airhorn sounds and snakes spring out. To make it even funnier, its right next to a cliff.

When she realized she was terminally ill, my mother put a non-descript container with a squeaky spring-loaded snake in it into her safety deposit box. She died at, like, three in the morning, and I was up all night dealing with all the...stuff you have to deal with. I got to the bank around nine, and the vice president sat with me while I inventoried the box. It was the last item.

Thanks, Ma. I nearly joined her on the spot.

My mother put a non-descript container with a squeaky spring-loaded snake in it into her safety deposit box. She died at, like, three in the morning ... I got to the bank around nine, and the vice president sat with me while I inventoried the box. It was the last item.

Auntie - thanks for sharing that memory. I'm sure it brought you comfort in the days afterwards.

I don't have a safety deposit box - yet. Might have to get one just for this situation....

Momma Marauder

I place a cache that when you open it an airhorn sounds and snakes spring out. To make it even funnier, its right next to a cliff.

When she realized she was terminally ill, my mother put a non-descript container with a squeaky spring-loaded snake in it into her safety deposit box. She died at, like, three in the morning, and I was up all night dealing with all the...stuff you have to deal with. I got to the bank around nine, and the vice president sat with me while I inventoried the box. It was the last item.

My mother had a different approach. She told me that as soon as she had died, I should go directly to the bank and remove anything of value from the safe deposit box (which I was deputized to access). When the time came, I dutifully did as she had instructed, assuming that this was acceptable practice.

Later, I related this to the paralegal who was handling the probate, and she almost fainted. Seems it's totally illegal! (Thanks, Mom. :lol: )

Your mother must have chuckled to herself a few times, knowing that she would pull a prank for which no payback would be possible.

First i'll say that ive always messed around with snakes. Caught bunches of them, kept as pets, removed them from harms way, etc,,,. When i see them first there wont be a problem.

The cache that gave me the heart attack was an ammocan placed in an armadillo hole. It wasnt buried and it was very noticable. You pull the cache out and a rubber snake follows right out with it. We'll just say that the cache went airborne to the south as i landed on my derrier to the north! :lol:

If you want a joke cache that'll really get people try this... Attach a container to the side of a tree, but make sure that you can remove the whole thing from the harness part attaching it. It's important that it's not obvious the container can be remove from the tree. Now, make sure it will only open on the side (NOT the top), and fill the whole thing with marbles. If it's not removed from the tree whoever opens the cache will "lose their marbles". I fell for it hook, line and sinker. :lol:

Oh yeah, it's also important that the container isn't see-through. If I remember correctly the one I found was a metal box with a hing on the side.

I did that one ... I got lucky and was not a complete knucklehead. I don't recall why I got lucky, but I lost only a couple marbles. I thought it was fun though.

This would be such a funny thing to do for a cache if someone wanted to set a cache up next to their house and run some cables underground to it...

with a tree or a rock wall or something with a dark crevice where you could only put your hand. Rig a rat or rubber something to jump when a hand enters the crevice... This would creep out some, being good for some laughs???