Where To Buy?

I didnt have such good luck with tigergps. My gpsr was listed as in stock when i ordered it and i ordered expedited shipping. A few days later, i asked why my order hadnt processed, and I got a "we were out of stock... you must have had an old version of the web page cached in your computer" .. which couldnt have been true, because i had just cleared out the cache before ordering.

I received no refund on my expedited shipping, even though my order took about two weeks. :P

While reading this threat I took the initiative to order my very own first GPS through Amazon.com. I ordered a Garmin 60 CS for $349 out the door.

You must have gotten a great deal, I can only get $392 from Amazon today.

I hope I didn't mess up. The condition said "new", I'm assuming that means factory in the box new.

Not to hijack the thread, but what type of cable do I need to connect the 60CS to the computer? I assume that doesn't come with it.

I also upgraded the shipping, that upped the price $6.

I hope I didn't mess up. The condition said "new", I'm assuming that means factory in the box new. .

If the condition was listed, then that would mean you bought from a third party through Amazon.com, not from Amazon.com itself. When you click the "(number) Used and New from (dollar amount)" button, that's where you end up. Some of the sellers are other companies, others are just Amazon users selling their stuff through the site. If the seller claims it's new, it has to be new in the box with the original warranty, so it should be fine, though it always pays to read the fine print in the offers. I've sold some used things that way myself.

While reading this threat I took the initiative to order my very own first GPS through Amazon.com. I ordered a Garmin 60 CS for $349 out the door.

You must have gotten a great deal, I can only get $392 from Amazon today.

I hope I didn't mess up. The condition said "new", I'm assuming that means factory in the box new.

Not to hijack the thread, but what type of cable do I need to connect the 60CS to the computer? I assume that doesn't come with it.

I also upgraded the shipping, that upped the price $6.

If you bought a new item it will have the cable in the box. You will want to buy the cigarette lighter adapter if you are going to use it for long periods of time in your car however.