I Have A Cache Idea.

I have a cache idea that I want to share with you all. It's an online puzzle. You have to solve it for the coordinants of the cache location. Try it out and let me know what you think. Try it!

I blew the cobwebs off of MSIE :P , and got halfway through when I hit the limitation... didn't try again! With a combination of bad vision & carpal tunnel, it's not something I'd want to be doing over again -- but I probably would if it were for real, though.

Other than that limit, it's a nice idea!

Nice puzzle, but a couple of minor nits:

The intro is very annoying. All that info belongs on the puzzle page. If you do insist on having the intro, please make it so that someone can click through straight to the puzzle.

Also, spell "coordinates" correctly.

It should be possible to do this puzzle so that it doesn't require IE. It is, after all, just DHTML. Lots of people don't use IE!

I couldn't take the pressure, so I worked out a way to do the puzzle without worrying about the five minute limit.

:P I can see it now. You've captured the puzzle, printed it, cut it apart, and now you've got all the pieces spread out on a card table with a glass of iced tea! :lol::P

:lol::huh: Now thats funny!!! :P:P

I completed the puzzle to the best of my ability within the five minutes. Occasionally, as I worked, I'd hit the print screen button. When I ran out of time, I pased the last printcsreen into a photo editor. Then I cropped it, enlarged it, and printed it on a photo printer. A few seconds and a pair of scissors and the remainder was a jigsaw puzzle.

I couldn't take the pressure, so I worked out a way to do the puzzle without worrying about the five minute limit.

:P I can see it now. You've captured the puzzle, printed it, cut it apart, and now you've got all the pieces spread out on a card table with a glass of iced tea! :lol::P

:lol::huh: Now thats funny!!! :P:P

Funny, but true (except for the tea and the card table).

Edited by sbell111

I was going to say the same things as fizzymagic. I was quite ticked after sitting through the intro only to find out that it was not compatible with FireFox. There are rare occasions when I think something is worthy of dusting off IE... this was not one of them. Sorry.

Edited by mini cacher
I've missed out on nothing...  :P

Oh. Did you see Ziggy Crew's puzzle? :P:lol:

Hmm, yes I saw it... and it appears to be broken. :lol:

However, based on the discussion, it sounds like a great idea and I would look forward to seeing it fixed. :P

[soapbox]I'll add this: Anyone who puts out things that work only in IE should be ready for some people to comment on that fact. Just like those of us that don't use IE need to be ready to not see everything. But I don't think I am missing out on anything too important... since if it was important enough, the creator would have made it non-browser specific. Everyone has choices! I make mine.[/soapbox]

Edited by mini cacher
great puzzle - 5 minutes is not near enough time -

tried 3 times and got stuck every time - that is

extremely frustrating - would likely not be finding

this cache -

cc\

thanks for a real puzzle - it took me close to 30 minutes - maybe more -

I have to agree with CompuCash--I am not sure five minutes is enough time. It is a very neat idea though. I would do it if it were in my area.

thanks -

man that sucker was hard - was really close with the colors but could not make it come in.

nice puzzle and nice looking result.

you can stop the clock - as someone above said - won't spoil it but without the 'cheat' I don't think I would ever have been able to finish it. Guess I just don't have a fast mouse hand.

cc\

... There are rare occasions when I think something is worth of dusting off IE... this was not one of them.  Sorry.

I imagine that when you switched from IE you knew that you would miss out on some things, right?

Looking for a MSIE plug-in for Firefox running on a Linux box. Anyone? Anyone?

I have to agree with CompuCash--I am not sure five minutes is enough time. It is a very neat idea though. I would do it if it were in my area.

I disagree, its his puzzle its no different then going to find a 5* Difficulty cache that you have to decode or decrypt the cache page. He could simply make it a 5* Difficulty.

Keep up the good work!!

Got it this morning -- it probably took me about 20 minutes. I had the easier parts done in less than 5 minutes, but I was shuffling the coord pieces around for a long time. Did you remove the 5-minute timer, or did I manage to thwart it?

Very nice! If the 5-minute timer is in the final version, I think I would end up solving it with the print-and-scissors method.

So how do you stop the clock? I wanna solve this stoopid thing! I just can't get it in 5 minutes. Phooey. :P

I don't know if this caused the clock to stop, but the clock did appear to stop after I did it: when I was about halfway through, I decided to hit the browser's Refresh button. I was hoping it would reset the clock. Instead, it re-shuffled all the pieces (icon_smile_blush.gif), so I didn't try doing that again. But after that, the puzzle stayed up for as long as I needed to finish it.