Geocachers You've Met

wow that's neat how many ppl you meet!!

but there are a few of us whom haven't met anybody,, is it because we just started? or for me it's because I don't think there are many in my area that do it,, I want to start stashing some, and hope to get some more people interested here,, would be neat!!!

<_<

And don't forget all the "near misses."

Yesterday I received an email through the Geocaching.com email bot that said, "Were you at Casey's in Oakland Tuesday afternoon buying the expensive gasoline?" LOL, yes I was! He saw my Durango and noticed the "GEOCACHER-U.COM" sticker on the back glass. Turns out he's a newbie that lives about 25 miles north of me.

I've had other emails and have seen logs from cachers who just missed me at cache sites. I'm always a little disappointed when it turns out I just missed someone.

As for meeting on the trails, the first cacher I ever met was RCharlier, owner of the infamous "The Journal" here in Illinois. After that it was a long time before I met anyone else while searching for a cache. I've had the pleasure of caching with several of the forum regulars as well as just hanging out with even more.

When I started this game I never expected to make friends through it. I figured I'd keep to myself, find caches and hide a few. Now the vast majority of my friends are people I've either met through this game or brought into this game. Weird, huh?

Bret

I've noticed a few profiles that list the geocachers people have met on the trail, at events, etc...

I think meeting great people is one of the side benefits of this sport. I've met quite a few cachers, but I see some lists that make mine pale in comparison.

How many have YOU met (and who?).

Here is my list (totalling 115):

Hartclimbs, PTK, The Artful Dodger, Jonboy, Stayfloopy, Etoast66, Orange, Jungle Green, JM Bella, Marty621, Planet, Ttepee, Harrald, Dboggny, Mopar, Peconic Bay Sailors, Team Rampant Lion, Avroair, ScouterGeorge, Watchung Woman, Team DEMP, Bassoonpilot, Bldebabe, Skully & Mulder, King Pellinore, Team Magster, Waterboy (WWW), Haggaeus, Beegees, Mxyzptlk, Metaphor, Outside4evr, Cachedog, GWHO, Cmarrero, Czarnecki, Crusso, Ed634, Cloudchaser, Quoddy,Barefoot, Batonka, Serg314, Programmer64, Natureboy44, AisleRD, RJ Ferret, Squealy, Semper Securus, Tiffany’s Slaves, Lunaruby, Team Total Perspective Vortex, Team Shibby, Socota, Sebastian.F.Sorrow, Lirath, Straatmaker5, Tick Magnets, Geo Ho, Perfect Tommy, IV Warrior, Scoobiedoers, KBer, Ekitt10, Alan2, Rattlehead, Zoisrus, GeaugaGarmin, Frogman47, Coppermouse, RVDH, Duvalcrawlcouple, Roasteroo, Crouching Hiker Hidden Cache, Continental Drifter, EMT Jeepers, OhJoy!, The Frantic Cachers, OurWoods, Jungle Hair, Team Bam Bam, BM Squared, Enzarrio, Rusty O'Junk, Mrs Rusty, Worf's Pack, lspin, Joe K and Maddog, Barbrshpdru, LakeLady, JoiseyGirl, Treequest, Macatac1961, Team Perrito Blanco, Dobsonian, Old Man Walking, Vertically Challenged, Gilwell1, Tholland, Hiker77, Jerseytrex Jerseytrex, Team Rampant Lion, Klizich, Tallcheif, Fosterbass, Unimoggers, Walkin' Ed, Andy Bear, Harry Dolphin, Trail Hound, Added Value, HengeEng, Trowel32, Archerino, Dhenninger and Allez Comp.

I met you at the Tourne Asunder Murder Mystery event, although I guess I didn't make much of an impression as we are missing from the list. <_<

I've noticed a few profiles that list the geocachers people have met on the trail, at events, etc...

I think meeting great people is one of the side benefits of this sport.  I've met  quite a few cachers, but I see some lists that make mine pale in comparison. 

Hartclimbs, PTK, The Artful Dodger, Jonboy, Stayfloopy, Etoast66, Orange, Jungle Green, JM Bella, Marty621, Planet, Ttepee, Harrald, Dboggny, Mopar, Peconic Bay Sailors, Team Rampant Lion, Avroair, ScouterGeorge, Watchung Woman, Team DEMP, Bassoonpilot, Bldebabe, Skully & Mulder, King Pellinore, Team Magster, Waterboy (WWW), Haggaeus, Beegees, Mxyzptlk, Metaphor, Outside4evr, Cachedog, GWHO, Cmarrero, Czarnecki, Crusso, Ed634, Cloudchaser, Quoddy,Barefoot, Batonka, Serg314, Programmer64, Natureboy44, AisleRD, RJ Ferret, Squealy, Semper Securus, Tiffany’s Slaves, Lunaruby, Team Total Perspective Vortex, Team Shibby, Socota, Sebastian.F.Sorrow, Lirath, Straatmaker5, Tick Magnets, Geo Ho, Perfect Tommy, IV Warrior, Scoobiedoers, KBer, Ekitt10, Alan2, Rattlehead, Zoisrus, GeaugaGarmin, Frogman47, Coppermouse, RVDH, Duvalcrawlcouple, Roasteroo, Crouching Hiker Hidden Cache, Continental Drifter, EMT Jeepers, OhJoy!, The Frantic Cachers, OurWoods, Jungle Hair, Team Bam Bam, BM Squared, Enzarrio, Rusty O'Junk, Mrs Rusty, Worf's Pack, lspin, Joe K and Maddog, Barbrshpdru, LakeLady, JoiseyGirl, Treequest, Macatac1961, Team Perrito Blanco, Dobsonian, Old Man Walking, Vertically Challenged, Gilwell1, Tholland, Hiker77, Jerseytrex Jerseytrex, Team Rampant Lion, Klizich, Tallcheif, Fosterbass, Unimoggers, Walkin' Ed, Andy Bear, Harry Dolphin, Trail Hound, Added Value, HengeEng, Trowel32, Archerino, Dhenninger and Allez Comp.

I met you at the Tourne Asunder Murder Mystery event, although I guess I didn't make much of an impression as we are missing from the list. <_<

Make that 116 :cry:

Wow, something kind of funny.

I can get one degree of separation on most of the people who have posted so far.  I've met Mopar and GeoHo, Stayfloopy, Skully and Mulder et al, Deermark, Indy Diver and Jeremy.  That hits almost everyone in this topic.  I have personally met (posted in this topic) robert, sbell111, Mopar, El Diablo and CYBret.  Eagles61, you and I were both at GeoWoodstock I in Louisville.  You can add me to your list. <_<

You are right mtn-man, I knew I would probably miss a few.

Add mtn-man, Lil Otter and BruceS to my list.

Edited by Eagles61

I think meeting great people is one of the side benefits of this sport.  I've met  quite a few cachers, but I see some lists that make mine pale in comparison. 

I met you at the Tourne Asunder Murder Mystery event, although I guess I didn't make much of an impression as we are missing from the list. :(

Make that 116 :(

Thanks, now I'll be able to sleep tonight! :cry:<_<

With the exception of locals, I don't think I've met any forum regulars.  Well, I've met BruceS, but he only rarely wanders in.

Well you did meet me at Geo Woodstock II. You were still recovering from your Jeep accident. ...

No offense to you and mtn-man, in order to get to the event, I indulged in the painkillers. That day is not as clear as it should be.

My list broken down by categories:

GEOCACHERS FIRST MET ON THE TRAIL (Non-Event):

Nostradumbass at "Hidden Valley" (NJ) 03/09/03

Natureboy44 at "Dwayne of Beekman Lane" (NJ) 04/13/03

Ekitt10 at "Bi-Centennial Multi" (NJ) 05/11/03

Waterboy With Wife at "One if by Land, Two if by Sea" (ME) 05/18/03

JRTTeam at "Sitting Crosslegged on the Floor" (NJ) 06/05/03

Mr Magoo at "Picture This" (NJ) 07/24/03

Prodigy at "Western Stream View" (NJ) 08/11/03

Marty621 at "Melvin's Multiple Madness" (NJ) 10/04/03

GaryandRyan at "Ice Cream Cone 'Jimmies'" (NJ) 11/15/03

GPS Girl at "The Stones" (NJ) 01/11/04

Team Hopewell at "Magoo's Missing Morgan on the Mountain" (NJ) 02/22/04

Team Bam Bam at "Helispot" (NJ) 04/10/04

Rattlehead at "Africa Loop Series 1: The Nile" (NY) 06/06/04

JohnnyRotten at "Cinnamon Girl" (NJ) 07/11/04

Scubadubers at "David’s Rock Collection Cache" (NJ) 12/05/04

RedlegMP at "XX Fun @ Day or NightXX" (NJ) 12/26/04

angryEMT at "Rocky Road Button Exchange" (NJ) 01/29/05

GeoKender at "TRL High Road" NJ 02/20/05

caz and Mrs.caz at "TRL High Road" (NJ) 02/20/05

soccernut at "Cook Stream" NJ 06/19/05

GEOCACHERS I'VE PARTNERED WITH ON CACHES:

AB4N, Ace2030, AisleRD, Avroair, Barefoot, Batonka, Bldebabe, BrianSnat,

chstress53, crusso, darielle, dhenninger, Ekitt10, ergo46, EyesoftheWorld,

FosterBass, Frolickin, GeoKender, GNBrotz, Haggaeus, Hartclimbs, IV Warrior,

JAMM, JMBella, JoiseyGirl, JonBoy, JPatton, junglehair, Jestjuggle,

Kar of Team Shibby, KBer, lakelady, LunaRuby, Macatac1961, Marlin01, mishagray,

Monkey Girl, Mopar, Mr Magoo, MrsAvroair, Natureboy44, NJski, Old ManWalking,

OurWoods, Phonedave, Planet, Rattlehead, RedlegMP, robert, Scully & Mulder, et al.,

Semper Securus, Serg312, SkiGirl43, Squeally, Stayfloopy, Stormchild, talllchief

Team DEMP, Team OrNots, Team Rampant Lion, The Frantic Cachers, trowel32,

TraumaJockies, TRL Conman, tepee, Turtle Boy, TwoCat, Wet Knives

GEOCACHERS MET AT EVENT CACHES:

aberger56, added value, Allez Comp, Andy Bear, Animalia, babrshpdru, BASM,

bella candy, blackbuck, BMSquared, bobandpaige, Bratzilla, brian b, Brush Boy,

Cache LaRue, Calvinater, ChrisMek, Connecticut A-Team, CT Trampers, CT10665L,

Czarniecki314, DiscGolfer, dobsonian, Dyno-sore, ElfStone, enziarro, Evil Chicken,

Fabu Two, FlyinV, freaks & geeks, geobernd, GeoHo, Gilwell1, glowstick, gopman,

Grey Squirrel, Harrald, Harry Dolphin, How Did I Get Here, Icarus68, InkyCat,

Ispin, Jake The Snake 96, Jbadger, Jan and the Man, Jerseytrex, jimmybojangles,

jjkj, JOEK, Kadydid & MilesStone, Kitegirl, Klizich, Krs of Team Shibby, Lirath,

LocaRoja, Lucky and R2, marathon man, Mark.B, maximum hunter, M&M NY,

Monsier Sock Puppet, Mrs Rusty, Nascat, orange, Peconic Bay Sailors,

Perfect Tommy, ptk, Ramsey LTD, Raskyl Years, Raven103, RazorClam,

Resolution, RJFerrett, Rodeo Man, Rusty O'Junk, saddleup618, sapphiredragon,

Saylor-n-Crew, scoobydooers, Sebastian f.sorrow, shannicat & bugbait,

SilverMarc, Simulatmore, sooner girl, Straatmaker5, Tadpole379, Team Catahoula,

Team Chumley, Team MM, Team Perito Blanco, TeamQuikSilver,

Team Total Perspective Vortex, The BeeGees, The Gel-A-Mints, The-Z-Man,

Tholland, Tick Magnets, Tiffany's Slaves, toplessjeep, TrailHound, treequest,

trowel32, unimoggers, Vertically Challenged, Walkin'Ed, Worf'sPack, zarah,

zinfan, Zurcher

OTHER GEOCACHERS I'VE MET:

BandaidHead, DownEastPete,

My Appologies to anyone I've left out.

Wow! Is your sock and underwear drawer that neat too? :(<_<

We haven't met yet, but I do have one of your pins I took from a cache last summer in NJ. :cry:

Too hard to keep a list around these parts. I've gone caching with probably around 100 cachers. I've run about 50 cachers on the trail. At Joani's birthday bash event, we had 150 people show up. Good times. If I tried to come up with a list, I'm sure I would forget some people.

How about Jerseytrex!!!  :( 

Are we that forgetable!!

Thanks Brian really thanks! :cry:

So far here's my list with BrianSnat on it!!

Cachers We Have Met: #1 Outdoors Lady, FabuTwo (my crazy caching sister), avroair, Mrs. Avroair, JMBella, lakelady, lirath, dhenning25, Team Catahoula, Joiseygirl, BMSquared, Andy Bear, Harry Dolphin, briansnat, Team Bam Bam, ekitt 10, KBer, unimoggers, Team DEMP, Fosterbass, PTK, Straatmaker5, Team KwikSilver, Quoddy, Squealy, MikeOtt, Walkin Ed, saddledup618, Evil Chicken, klizich, Tallchief, BMS305, Team Rampant Lion, Lightyear, Peconic Bay Sailors, williamunc, Skully & Mulder, marlin01, crusso, How Did I Get Here, RamseyLtD, geologygirl, Team MM, Tiffany's Slaves, and trail hound.

So far about 45 cachers.

How about DocDiTTo!!! <_<

Am I that forgetable??

Remember Lightbulb Kevin??? :(

Cachers I've met (and I will forget a lot of them)

Jerseytrex, FabuTwo, Leadsinger, luxuryoils, Shifty54, Paprika, PAMap, Airnut, Mocadeki, CCCooperAgency, BICCachers, Pulaski, RCSpang, Lasagna, BamBam & JoJo, Cameo Cacher, MissJenn, Kingsting, Geognomes, Gaitoraide, Brown Bear, ThePropers, G(e)O NINA!, Gremalkin, Geometeacher, Unixsage, ChattyPat, Columbo, SerenityNow, gnbrotz, WrightGuy, Fairbanks, That Fedora Guy, Kenray127, JinxMagic, Revlar, Relayer, 2Stroke, Dziner, KitKat & Poppy, and I'm sure there are others that I can't think of at the moment. There's over 40 names here.... many more I fail to recall.

(edited as I remembered more)

Edited by DocDiTTo
Maybe it's just the water up here but having been on bed rest for the past couple of months I've spent a lot of time reading some of the local caching sites (I'll spare you the gory details like the names) and reading a lot of the logs for the caches on my to-do list and, quite frankly, I'm too scared to meet any of the local cachers. Some of these people just ain't right and a lot of them are just plain mean.

Why did I just know you lived in BC before I even checked your profile?

Maybe it's just the water up here but having been on bed rest for the past couple of months I've spent a lot of time reading some of the local caching sites (I'll spare you the gory details like the names) and reading a lot of the logs for the caches on my to-do list and, quite frankly, I'm too scared to meet any of the local cachers. Some of these people just ain't right and a lot of them are just plain mean.

Lets say that when I looked at his profile I wasn't surprised either.

<_<

I've only met one other cacher (or cachers, it was a family) on the trail. My girlfriend and I were up in Bangor, Maine looking for a few in March, when we came upon fellow cachers. We tag-teamed the search since we met at the site. none of us could find it under the snow though.

Never did get their names though. <_<

How about Jerseytrex!!!  :lol: 

Are we that forgetable!!

Thanks Brian really thanks! :P

So far here's my list with BrianSnat on it!!

Cachers We Have Met: #1 Outdoors Lady, FabuTwo (my crazy caching sister), avroair, Mrs. Avroair, JMBella, lakelady, lirath, dhenning25, Team Catahoula, Joiseygirl, BMSquared, Andy Bear, Harry Dolphin, briansnat, Team Bam Bam, ekitt 10, KBer, unimoggers, Team DEMP, Fosterbass, PTK, Straatmaker5, Team KwikSilver, Quoddy, Squealy, MikeOtt, Walkin Ed, saddledup618, Evil Chicken, klizich, Tallchief, BMS305, Team Rampant Lion, Lightyear, Peconic Bay Sailors, williamunc, Skully & Mulder, marlin01, crusso, How Did I Get Here, RamseyLtD, geologygirl, Team MM, Tiffany's Slaves, and trail hound.

So far about 45 cachers.

How about DocDiTTo!!! :huh:

Am I that forgetable??

Remember Lightbulb Kevin??? :)

Cachers I've met (and I will forget a lot of them)

Jerseytrex, FabuTwo, Leadsinger, luxuryoils, Shifty54, Paprika, PAMap, Airnut, Mocadeki, CCCooperAgency, BICCachers, Pulaski, RCSpang, Lasagna, BamBam & JoJo, Cameo Cacher, MissJenn, Kingsting, Geognomes, Gaitoraide, Brown Bear, ThePropers, G(e)O NINA!, Gremalkin, Geometeacher, Unixsage, ChattyPat, Columbo, SerenityNow, gnbrotz, WrightGuy, Fairbanks, That Fedora Guy, Kenray127, JinxMagic, Revlar, Relayer, 2Stroke, Dziner, KitKat & Poppy, and I'm sure there are others that I can't think of at the moment. There's over 40 names here.... many more I fail to recall.

(edited as I remembered more)

LOL ;)

That's right my Big Sis's Caching Buddy!! Try to get her caching again she has slowed down big time. I'm driving out there in a couple of weeks maybe we can all get together and hit up some caches!

Nikki

WooHoo now 46!!!

I have a new funny story about meeting other geocachers. I was caching with my sister and her husband, NikiJohn, yesterday when we ran into other cachers, cachestation and Dee, at a cache. I had met others while caching before, but my companions never had. I saw them first, and knew they were geocaching (I had found the cache last week, it was not very close to the trail, and they were standing right at it), so I said "there are geocachers at the cache." My sister just froze, and after a few seconds worriedly asked "what do we do?" It was priceless. I told her "we go say hi." So, we went on in and introduced ourselves. They were great folks, and we had a nice chat about geocaching.

Exact count = 1

My neighbor was talking about Geocaching a couple weeks ago and sounded so enthusiastic about it that I figured I'd check the web site and see what it was all about. He doesn't even know I started doing this yet and is the only person I "know" who caches. I figure I'll meet more one of these days either at a cache site or at a local N.U.T.S. (Northstate Unusual Treasure Seekers) event.

These are on-the-trail only, no events. I'm sure I'd be over 200 with events.

Coincidental meetings:

Keystone Two, SquirrelNut, Trippy1976, JeepGPS, Shasties, Clatmandu, The Roving Ravenstones, Windrose, rcticejr, liberalatlarge, Lost In Michigan, PaintByNumbers, WiggleWiggleWiggle

Arranged, non-event meetings:

Treasurehawk, albireo (cousin's husband), Oxford Al (my father), umc, VictoryMike, Trashcan, Lost Sailor, Team Shredded Bark, Team CoyChev, Evileye_0, blu-cachehound

Coincidentally, not caching at all:

Superdad and family, Waterfall, John Mar, Ikenspike, some unregistered cachers (they were caching, I wasn't, they never logged online)

Plus half a dozen relatives who don't have accounts but cache occasionally.

Oh, and I spoke with El Diablo on the phone once

Edited by Dinoprophet

i can't believe i missed this thread! I have met 364 geocachers so far, in order of appearance:

dgtaylor (my mentor), scoobydoers, bldebabe, Team Shibby, Brownstar, DRAMteam, Kber, PerfectTommy, DMFduo, Harrald, Dboggny, Planet, Worf'sPack, Haggaeus, SplicingDan, dhenning25, Team Ekitt10, Natureboy44, Mr Magoo, Quoddy, MonkeyGirl, TurtleBoy, TheGel-A-Mints, Dyno-sore, BMSquared, Team Bam Bam, The BeeGees, Kitegirl, scottpopp, DiscGolfer, Nascat, Straatmaker 5, shannicat and bugbait, JohnnyRotten, Serg312, Lunaruby, StayFloopy, Frantic Cachers, TeamDEMP, ergo46, Batonka, The-Z-Man, Semper Securus, TiffanySlaves, BrianSnat, Team Total Perspective Vortex, Geokender, Connecticut A-Team, RJ Ferret, Mopar, GeoHo, TeePee, JBadger, CT trampers, AsileRD, Barefoot, 1NatureMom, FosterBass, wing-it, Feathers, Rusty O Junk, Mark G., maximum hunter, Fiveinalog, Squealy, JMBella, BlackBuck, snikit, King Geoff, IV-Warrior, IV_cheer, dragon64, K4CacheCrew, Darkscum, scrmndmn, Team Shamu, Bayonets4U, MandMNY, MacAtac1961, Eyedoc, maddy, Cat-In-The-Hat, SkiGirl43, TeamRampant Lion, Peconic Bay Sailors, Lilrath, Remington, sebastian f.sorrow, socatoa, OhJoy!, Czarniecki314, Mark.B. Mrs Rusty, JungleHair, OurWoods, BarberShop Dru, Skully and Mulder et al, Tallchief, geobernd, enziarro, marlin01, lspin, JOEK, Gilwell1, Rattlehead, Team Chumly, unimoggers, Gwho, Dvand, Racer and Boo, Gandalf, Joisey Girl, lakelady, Harv and Donna (with Donna),Team Ferret, Ferreter5, Rocky, Breaking Away, Tellico Gap, Gullivers Crew, Dee's Woods, Enspyer, Cracker, Orangina, ShadyBoston, Marty621, Allez Comp, Tag-team Cornell, Tick Magnets, IntotheWoods, Elfstone, Treequest, AddedValue, Racer and R2, Roadkill, Balck Watch Clan, Vargseld, Olf D'Coors, Berkmom, Killerb, Brogans, rjw661, HFJohn, StrikForce1, Ima Lost, Team Ireland, BASM, Harry Dolphin, Andy Bear, Jungle Green, Orange, Team Catahoula, MiloBloom, freaks and geeks, Animalia, Fabu Two, JerseyTrex, Calvinater, Saylor -n- Crew, MommaBear, RazorClam, JimmyBojangles, ChrisMek, Olias of Sunhillow, Team Perrito Blanco, dobsonian, sapphiredragon, tadpole379, bratzilla, VerticallyChallenged, Twocat, Cache LaRue, Icarus68, LocaRoja, Tholland, Old Man Walking, SilverMarc, Trowel32, Team Hopewell, Jake the Snake 96, Grey Squirrel, gopman, ZinFin, jjkj, marathon man, chstress53, wtes, sooner_girl, SCRAPPY_B, T.E.M., Seasharp, Waterspyder, Seeker12, YoshiLMT, Lizzie The Geo Dog, Gussie's Dad, Fren-Z, kiethj999, Hiker77, Tyson Spandrel, The Caching-Nuts, phil.h, trail hound, Spebby, Gosffo, E=mc2, magellan315, AllentownDave, philbert17, chico53, cerberus1, MuhlAl (Cache-On-Team), Wet Knives, TRL conman, Ace 2090, zlamall, chstress53, robert, gnbrotz, jpatten, L33T_Hacksta, THE DAM TROLLS, scout7842, daiseychain, Phideo, Mike-n-Crystal, baltimore bill & knitting ellen, NCPositronics, AirSafety, Fergus, FBS67, rthwrm, Glynis, Trevelyan's R&R, AB4N, L33T_Hacksta, Candover, Tatanka49, Canby, julz91, nevermarty, Gargoyle!, MajorT, odragon, Chincache, slackjawedyokel, packfamily, MafiaBoss, Brianslost, bushwackin' schmo, tbot, CamillusGeo, docdesi, ptk, klizich, Big C, the Curly One & the Little Man, plow4425, EMNIB, GPS_DAVE_11735, joefrog, brian b, Walkin' Ed, Team KwikSilver, MikeOtt, ToplessJeep, Resolution, Inky Cat, saddledup618, Geobbone, FlyinV, Professor Screwloose, Frodo_Underhill, Paperblob, Evil Chicken (mother hen), C.C.Cachers, Grunriese, skybrother, supergeek, rolenrock, lavarock1, LowellHouseGang, LuckyHoney, the-print-shop, moose_is_loose, bella_candy, ddersch, rottiedog46, GeoExplor, mccambjd, aldpd, BMS305, Ramsey Ltd, Lightyear, speleojunky, williamunc, AlternativeCacher, phonedave, stormchild, 2x2, The Ax, WV, THE HONEY WOLVES, HealingBear, CTgeocacher, CTgobbler, Katydid and Miles Stone, Team Hatfield, siminsue, Tiggrr and Mouse, Bigrock95, Rich the Bush whacker, clandelaney, candy god, questmaster, princesspib, MISSJenn, Deskjocky, Accident Prone Hiker, Polgara, KrazyTrollz, programmer64, Lawtechie, Snagglet, hart612, bluerhino, AlmondEyes, How Did I get Here..., Tombstone, Trippers, Old Navy, Misty's Shadow, Supergeek, Team Mamu, Mreaglew01, Tiki-4, ice cream man and 3 scoops, Geo Painter, Lisa S., Seared Ice, Stuck on WGS84, Team MM, Gumby, Pokey and the Kids, LA maestro, Dan Loves it, NJPrinceAlbert, Velvet, One Mad Fool, the Pink Princess, Team Tired Boy, angryEMT, His Figment, The Sully4, The Mann, d2cacher, insane 4 life, RavenRave, Dragonfly Maiden Ramsey63, cachehopper, gpsgeekster, ed634, yankees21, notnowgotahaddock, houkie18, Ahuimanu Hui, cachehunters42, trippers, 364

In the year I have been caching, I have had the pleasure of meeting 12 geocachers on the trail. I only record cachers on the trail, and the first time I met them. There's 10 or so others I have met in other places (distinguised by everything from a geocaching lanyard holding a work identification, tee shirts, and random "that person HAS to be a geocacher) or introduced to caching and/or with whom I have cached.

I am assuming no one cares, since I am relatively new, to read the list of 12 that I have met on the trail, but they are listed on my profile page for those that are curious.

My Jeep gets spotted more at trail heads than I get spotted on the trail. ;) That must be the result of the "Got GPS?" and official geocaching stickers that are on a Jeep that are easily linked to me for some reason...

Too hard to keep a list around these parts.  I've gone caching with probably around 100 cachers.  I've run about 50 cachers on the trail.  At Joani's birthday bash event, we had 150 people show up.  Good times.  If I tried to come up with a list, I'm sure I would forget some people.

I met you on my first official day as a Geocacher, about 10' from one of your semi-evil hides.

That day, I ran into a total of 5 cachers, 2 that didn't see me because of fog (MotorBug, WeBeDnD), and one who I talked to looking for those 2 (Workerofwood) - I didn't know he was a cacher until I met him again while maintaining my own cache and he introduced himself.

I've run into quite a few on the trails, and of course countless people at events and un-events.

My list broken down by categories:

GEOCACHERS FIRST MET ON THE TRAIL (Non-Event):

Nostradumbass at "Hidden Valley" (NJ) 03/09/03

Natureboy44 at "Dwayne of Beekman Lane" (NJ) 04/13/03

Ekitt10 at "Bi-Centennial Multi" (NJ) 05/11/03

Waterboy With Wife at "One if by Land, Two if by Sea" (ME) 05/18/03

JRTTeam at "Sitting Crosslegged on the Floor" (NJ) 06/05/03

Mr Magoo at "Picture This" (NJ) 07/24/03

Prodigy at "Western Stream View" (NJ) 08/11/03

Marty621 at "Melvin's Multiple Madness" (NJ) 10/04/03

GaryandRyan at "Ice Cream Cone 'Jimmies'" (NJ) 11/15/03

GPS Girl at "The Stones" (NJ) 01/11/04

Team Hopewell at "Magoo's Missing Morgan on the Mountain" (NJ) 02/22/04

Team Bam Bam at "Helispot" (NJ) 04/10/04

Rattlehead at "Africa Loop Series 1: The Nile" (NY) 06/06/04

JohnnyRotten at "Cinnamon Girl" (NJ) 07/11/04

Scubadubers at "David’s Rock Collection Cache" (NJ) 12/05/04

RedlegMP at "XX Fun @ Day or NightXX" (NJ) 12/26/04

angryEMT at "Rocky Road Button Exchange" (NJ) 01/29/05

GeoKender at "TRL High Road" NJ 02/20/05

caz and Mrs.caz at "TRL High Road" (NJ) 02/20/05

soccernut at "Cook Stream" NJ 06/19/05

GEOCACHERS I'VE PARTNERED WITH ON CACHES:

AB4N, Ace2030, AisleRD, Avroair, Barefoot, Batonka, Bldebabe, BrianSnat,

chstress53, crusso, darielle, dhenninger, Ekitt10, ergo46, EyesoftheWorld,

FosterBass, Frolickin, GeoKender, GNBrotz, Haggaeus, Hartclimbs, IV Warrior,

JAMM, JMBella, JoiseyGirl, JonBoy, JPatton, junglehair, Jestjuggle,

Kar of Team Shibby, KBer, lakelady, LunaRuby, Macatac1961, Marlin01, mishagray,

Monkey Girl, Mopar, Mr Magoo, MrsAvroair, Natureboy44, NJski, Old ManWalking,

OurWoods, Phonedave, Planet, Rattlehead, RedlegMP, robert, Scully & Mulder, et al.,

Semper Securus, Serg312, SkiGirl43, Squeally, Stayfloopy, Stormchild, talllchief

Team DEMP, Team OrNots, Team Rampant Lion, The Frantic Cachers, trowel32,

TraumaJockies, TRL Conman, tepee, Turtle Boy, TwoCat, Wet Knives

GEOCACHERS MET AT EVENT CACHES:

aberger56, added value, Allez Comp, Andy Bear, Animalia, babrshpdru, BASM,

bella candy, blackbuck, BMSquared, bobandpaige, Bratzilla, brian b, Brush Boy,

Cache LaRue, Calvinater, ChrisMek, Connecticut A-Team, CT Trampers, CT10665L,

Czarniecki314, DiscGolfer, dobsonian, Dyno-sore, ElfStone, enziarro, Evil Chicken,

Fabu Two, FlyinV, freaks & geeks, geobernd, GeoHo, Gilwell1, glowstick, gopman,

Grey Squirrel, Harrald, Harry Dolphin, How Did I Get Here, Icarus68, InkyCat,

Ispin, Jake The Snake 96, Jbadger, Jan and the Man, Jerseytrex, jimmybojangles,

jjkj, JOEK, Kadydid & MilesStone, Kitegirl, Klizich, Krs of Team Shibby, Lirath,

LocaRoja, Lucky and R2, marathon man, Mark.B, maximum hunter, M&M NY,

Monsier Sock Puppet, Mrs Rusty, Nascat, orange, Peconic Bay Sailors,

Perfect Tommy, ptk, Ramsey LTD, Raskyl Years, Raven103, RazorClam,

Resolution, RJFerrett, Rodeo Man, Rusty O'Junk, saddleup618, sapphiredragon,

Saylor-n-Crew, scoobydooers, Sebastian f.sorrow, shannicat & bugbait,

SilverMarc, Simulatmore, sooner girl, Straatmaker5, Tadpole379, Team Catahoula,

Team Chumley, Team MM, Team Perito Blanco, TeamQuikSilver,

Team Total Perspective Vortex, The BeeGees, The Gel-A-Mints, The-Z-Man,

Tholland, Tick Magnets, Tiffany's Slaves, toplessjeep, TrailHound, treequest,

trowel32, unimoggers, Vertically Challenged, Walkin'Ed, Worf'sPack, zarah,

zinfan, Zurcher

OTHER GEOCACHERS I'VE MET:

BandaidHead, DownEastPete,

My Appologies to anyone I've left out.

that is one heck of a detailed list!! I bet you're a virgo :lol:

I agree, one of the cool side benefits of this sport is meeting other geocachers, no matter the way the encounter happened.

I've never been to a geocaching event, so my list is not that long, but here goes:

on the trail, I've met: Frieza, omniterranaut, Malthusian, Delci5, Brian from Team Binskeep, and most recently alburquerquebill (I met him on the trail in Assos, Turkey. How cool is that?!!)

from the AZ Geocaching website with whom I later started geocacaching: Jessica of Chicks w/Trucks, Highpointer, and AZCelts (my very best geocaching buddy!)

through a TB hand-off: HighwayHavoc

from emails regarding a geocache I'm co-owner of whom I later met and geocached with in person: walkergeoff

finally, my own Frankenstein's creation, someone I turned into a geocacher: Crazyebay