? About Usb Drivers Installed For Gpsmap 60c

Just got one and got city select installed on my PC. Everytime I connect it to the computer via USB port it says that drivers need to be installed. When I click on help>about map source> USB drivers it shows that the 2.1 version of the USB driver is installed. Is there a way to make it where it stops asking for the drivers everytime I connect my GPS unit to my PC?

Did you install the GPS drivers BEFORE connecting your GPS to the USB port? :lol:

It makes life much simpler to ALWAYS install drivers before hooking up hardware.

USB drivers 2.1 seems to be the latest. Maybe the install set the driver installation as the CD location and not as a file on the Hard Drive. Do you remember setup copying the drivers to your hard drive?

You could try add/remove new hardware from the control panel. Remove the GPS and then re-add it as new hardware.

Garmin tech support is really nice to work with ..... and I'd bet they could help you out rather quickly ..... probably much better than me. :mad: ImpalaBob

I just set mine up and I manually went to the USB drivers folder in the folder that the Mapsource installed to and loaded the drivers from there. The unit comes with a warning NOT to connect the GPSr to your computer until you have loaded the proper drivers or else the computer will try to load the wrong USB driver.