Doing The Happy Dance!

Thrak

My GPSr was waiting in the mail when I got home from work today. Wheeeeeee!!!!!!!

I impatiently tried to go through the book and figure it all out but I just couldn't stand it. I loaded in some caches using GSAK and also put them into my old Palm Vx with Plucker (nice that the Palm has a hard clamshell case with it) and headed out to look for my first cache. I found it without too much trouble and was pretty stoked. I headed out for another and found it too - after starting from the wrong side of the channel and having to make my way through a bunch of brush, bamboo, and little burrs that wanted to attach to me everywhere. I found the cache and when I looked around it was a pretty easy way out the other side. Ahhhhh... if only I had crossed the bridge BEFORE I started looking. :unsure:

I started to go after a third cache but it got dark before I could get to where I wanted to look for the hide and I didn't have a light. I'll just have to go back tomorrow I guess. I KNOW I won't be able to leave it alone..........

You didn't use the display light from your GPSr? Or hunt in the dark? Or make a torch out of a stick and a rag? I guess since it was your first day...  it's understandable.  :mad:

Welcome to the fun!

BTW, I've personally never used a torch.

Well the place I was going to search is very near a road and there are houses right across the street. I know the general area. Considering someone has started a few arson fires along this particular channel recently I don't think a torch would be a great idea. :lol:

I'll be back there soon enough though - you can count on it. I'm feeling very proud that I didn't call in sick to work to day to go look for more! OMG that's awful but....

Just went out for the second time. 5 for 5 today. Afterwards it was getting pretty dark so I stopped and bought a mini mag flashlight for my pack.

Also picked up an Energizer 15 minute battery charger with 4 AA and 2 AAA Nickel Metal Hydride batteries. Also has a car adapter for the cigarette lighter. Then of course I've ordered the cigarette lighter power cord, a dash mount, City Select, and an external antenna for the thing and have installed the InvisibleShield on the screen.

LOL. I'm getting in pretty deep here. :lol:

My Aunt Donna, a muggle until I went to visit her in Michigan, was the actual finder of my first night cache earlier this week. I was shining my flashlight ("torch" in that other English language heh) 30 yards off in another direction, trusting the laughing GPSr, and Donna suddenly yelled, "I FOUND IT!!!"

Oh yes, they are hooked, too. I think my uncle ordered his GPSr today. It's a disease, I tell you.