Deleated A Cach Find

W1VVV & Di

:unsure: I found a cach and the title of it was "Whats that Sound". This was my 2nd find as I am new to thisl. I list the find. Later received an e-mail from the owner of that cach that he had removed it from my file. First of all I didn't know that someone can go into my listings and remove things. and I don't think that is right without at least letting me or the finder in on what they thing is wrong. The title of the cach is "Whats that Sound" so on my listing I state what I had found. He didn't like that and removed my listing that I traveld 120 + miles to find. and as I said that was my 2nd find of the day and over all. Is this allowed and why Thanks. I need to get excited agaiin and this event took the wind out out of my sails.

Log in again without mentioning as much about the cache beyond the fact you found it and he will probably be OK. Sometimes people say too much in their logs and the owners get a bit pissy about it.. other owners let it go. I have a new one that had a unique twist that someone let out of the bag the first week. I just let it go, but another owner might have deleted the log.

like edscott said, you may have let a bit too much info slip into your log. just log it again with less info about the hide (more about the hunt and your experience) and you should be okay. look at some of the other logs on the cache to get an idea.

hope that helps.

:unsure:

Hold on now. There's always a reason and once you find out what that reason is, you'll likely be able to re-submit your find log. Please don't that this as a personal attack as it likely is not.

Here's one reason that I've deleted find logs before... if the finder logs major spoilers that I don't want everyone to have. That makes it a time urgent response because the longer it's posted, the more cachers that can see it.

To follow up my action to delete, I always follow up with an email to the cacher I'm bumping to explain (1) why I took such a bold action and (2) how they can go about logging their find. Of course I also am kind in my message so it's always worked out well.

There are many great adventures out there and logging them is fun too. Hang in there and I'm sure you'll be able to work this through with the stasher.

FYI, There's only three people that can delete a log: The Logger; The Stasher; and the Geo-gods. Don't be afraid of anyone because they're all here to make your caching expirence a fun one. :unsure:

NOTE: Scooped by two that agree with this. LOL

Edited by Green Achers

I had a log deleted yesterday, and the only notification I got was from GS. After the CO deleted my log he archived the cache. This is what I said in my log:

"I have had this one solved for awhile.

This is a Cache Resurrection, it has been 4 years, 2 months, 18 days since last found!

Grabbing a few caches with _______ after the event in _____ on our way home to ______.

TFTC

In most cases I think the CO should contact someone if they delete there log. Also in most cases I think if a CO deletes your log (or mine) you should contact them to ask what was wrong with it...if they didn't message you.

However in this case where the CO archives there cache after you log, I might just let it go.

I had a log deleted yesterday, and the only notification I got was from GS. After the CO deleted my log he archived the cache. This is what I said in my log:

This is a Cache Resurrection, it has been 4 years, 2 months, 18 days since last found!

Grabbing a few caches with _______ after the event in _____ on our way home to ______.

TFTC

In my opinion, the owner had no valid reason to delete your log. There may be more to the situation that would change my opinion, but so far the cache owner doesn't seem to have a valid reason.

Fortunately there is a solution other than just letting the owner delete your find. You can contact Groundspeak and appeal the deletion. Submit a request for assistance or email Groundspeak for help. If they find the deletion was not appropriate, they can reinstate your log and lock it so the cache owner can't try to delete it again.

Edited by hzoi

TFTC

In my opinion, the owner had no valid reason to delete your log. There may be more to the situation that would change my opinion, but so far the cache owner doesn't seem to have a valid reason.

Fortunately there is a solution other than just letting the owner delete your find. You can contact Groundspeak and appeal the deletion. Submit a request for assistance or email Groundspeak for help. If they find the deletion was not appropriate, they can reinstate your log and lock it so the cache owner can't try to delete it again.

It may not have been Biblemanrick's log that did it. Possibly that others with him logged it without actually solving it? Not something that overly concerns me but it wouldn't surprise me if the CO got upset and archived because non-solvers were logging finds.

Wonder what was up with all the poetic logs?

I had one deleted yesterday and I was ok with it except....the cache was impossible to access because it had dropped down a deep hole in a tree. I could see it with a flashlight but not retrieve it. CO deleted my FOUND and just said, No sign, no found. *shrug* I'll go back when CO has it up and running again.

I had one deleted yesterday and I was ok with it except....the cache was impossible to access because it had dropped down a deep hole in a tree. I could see it with a flashlight but not retrieve it. CO deleted my FOUND and just said, No sign, no found. *shrug* I'll go back when CO has it up and running again.
Are you sure it dropped down the hole? Or was it dropped down the hole by the CO?

I've found a number of caches that required reaching tools of some sort to retrieve. Sometimes the CO provides the necessary tools. Sometimes not.

It wouldn't even occur to me to log a found on that. DNF for sure. Would you do the same for a T5 in a tree? "Saw it 10m high but couldn't retrieve it" :blink: