The Official Recovery Program For Wjtb Horders

YemonYime

The Official Seven Step Recovery Program for Jeep Horders

A convenient online guide to clearing your conscience, and making the world a better place. Just follow these quick and easy instructions, and life is guaranteed to start going your way!

1. Go to walmart.com and locate your nearest store via zipcode.

2. Go to said store and locate the toy section.

3. Look through the toy cars section for a black and white box full of 1:35 scale replicas of some of the most popular vehicles available today.

4. Specifically find this ----> WHITE JEEP for a mere $1.97

5. Take said toy to register and purchase.

6. Drive immediately to the nearest appropriately sized cache and deposit the White Jeep Travel Bug you've had in your possession since June. It is not only a toy, it is a part of a game and contest that both adults AND CHILDREN would also love to enjoy and partake in.

7. Congratulations! Your karmatic burden is now cleared! You are a better person because of it, and you actually OWN the same White Jeep!

Repeat if necessary.

Thank you in advance for making Geocaching fun again.

This program is brought to you by the letter J, who reminds you to enjoy your Jeeps responsibly and in moderation. We now return you to your regular programming.

I have had 10 WJTBs and they are all in others hands at this time. I just love the looks on peoples faces when I tell them they are going to recieve a White Jeep...its priceless. I really get more enjoyment that way. I don't need to have one sitting on my computer desk, collecting dust. Am not even interested in trying to win any contests. The only contest I'm playing is to make sure these babies get out to play.

JayBee

I have had 10 WJTBs and they are all in others hands at this time. I just love the looks on peoples faces when I tell them they are going to recieve a White Jeep...its priceless. I really get more enjoyment that way. I don't need to have one sitting on my computer desk, collecting dust. Am not even interested in trying to win any contests. The only contest I'm playing is to make sure these babies get out to play.

JayBee

Funny you should mention that! I do in fact have a Wal-Mart White Jeep sitting on my desk, and that's exactly what it's doing...collecting dust. However, my soul feels SO fulfilled in knowing that I'm not depriving any young geocachers of their potential WJTB joy. See how easy it is to free your karma? Some folks oughta try it! :lol:

Sorry but I see one flaw in your 7 step program. The Jeeps from Wal-Mart are clearly marked "for ages 3+ years" on the box! Can we be sure that there are any White Jeep horders that are over the age of 3? I mean, sharing is usually learned between 2 and 3 years old. So I can assume that any horders are under the age of 3, thus buying a Jeep from Wal-Mart does not seem appropriate.

Sorry but I see one flaw in your 7 step program. The Jeeps from Wal-Mart are clearly marked "for ages 3+ years" on the box! Can we be sure that there are any White Jeep horders that are over the age of 3? I mean, sharing is usually learned between 2 and 3 years old. So I can assume that any horders are under the age of 3, thus buying a Jeep from Wal-Mart does not seem appropriate.

This does indeed raise the scientific question of actual age vs. mentality age. Perhaps we could lobby GC to include a disclaimer on Jeep tags in the future:

Warning: This product not suitable for people who did not share blocks in kindergarten.

This thread is about love. I can feel it. The caring, the nurturing. Man... this is super, just super.

It got me thinking: What am I doing to help these poor, sad, hoarding people? The pain of separation from their beloved (albiet stolen) Travel Bug.

Sure -- they now have their $1.97 WalMart substitute, but what about the lovely, shiney TAG. They miss the TAG. It wasn't your regualar tag. It said JEEP. Only one measly alphabetic character away from "K"EEP.

Forever we were together....forever.....

So. I decided to give them a little plaything. Each and every one of them. I give you your very own YELLOW Jeep AND your very own WHITE Jeep. Touch them, turn them, love them. They love you. They always will. No matter where they go.

Love your YELLOW Jeep

Love your WHITE Jeep

Edited by Lemon Fresh Dog

I see one person "logged" the WJTB that they picked up into a Geo-event in New South Wales. It looks as if they plan on keeping it themselves. It's a shame that people are so anal about the WJTB's. I don't understand the mentality (or lack of) of someone who would rather steal a $1.97 item then to go buy one.

I hear next years will contain a small amount of radioactive material so people will WANT to put them back into caches as soon as they possibly can.  :lol:

I have an idea that would be considered more environmentally friendly...

Instead of making the Jeeps radioactive... I heard they were adding a special mosquito attracting agent. :lol::anibad:;)

31663bb.jpg

I see one person "logged" the WJTB that they picked up into a Geo-event in New South Wales. It looks as if they plan on keeping it themselves. It's a shame that people are so anal about the WJTB's. I don't understand the mentality (or lack of) of someone who would rather steal a $1.97 item then to go buy one.

Are you talking about this event???http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...b0-0456af362c58 It was me and I also sent a yellow jeep there too. It only cost me $10.00 to ship them over there from indiana and only took 4 days. no I'm not hording them I just sent them over there. But I did not get them from a geo event, I found them in a cache.

Edited by Buddaman
Well since you stated it was you, yea. I don't understand your reasoning for doing something like that. Why ruin the fun for everyone else?

I fail to see how dropping off two jeeps into an event can possible ruin the fun for EVERYONE else. It seems to me that this cacher was trying to add to the enjoyment of many others.

Well since you stated it was you, yea. I don't understand your reasoning for doing something like that. Why ruin the fun for everyone else?

I fail to see how dropping off two jeeps into an event can possible ruin the fun for EVERYONE else. It seems to me that this cacher was trying to add to the enjoyment of many others.

I think 501_Gang was speaking in reference to moving the jeep out of the contest area -- by moving the jeeps out of the 48 contiguous states before November 1, it's in essence taking away someone's chances who might be eligible to win.

Most of the jeep hoarding discussing deal with people who hold onto them, add them to their personal collection, or those who don't hoard, but move the jeeps overseas which ultimately lowers the numbers of jeeps in circulation for the contest.

Edited to add -- I don't think anyone cares about the WJTBs moving overseas after November 1st. It's only before the contest is over that moving WJTBs out of the contest area would be considered "ruining it" for those who are playing the game.

Edited by Bear Paughs

I think 501_Gang was speaking in reference to moving the jeep out of the contest area -- by moving the jeeps out of the 48 contiguous states before November 1, it's in essence taking away someone's chances who might be eligible to win.

Most of the jeep hoarding discussing deal with people who hold onto them, add them to their personal collection, or those who don't hoard, but move the jeeps overseas which ultimately lowers the numbers of jeeps in circulation for the contest.

Edited to add -- I don't think anyone cares about the WJTBs moving overseas after November 1st. It's only before the contest is over that moving WJTBs out of the contest area would be considered "ruining it" for those who are playing the game.

Exactly. I don't see how moving the WJTB outside the US is any different then stealing it. Why not put it out so that others, in the contest area, can play along and then after the games over find another one and send it off to where ever. We have traveled state to state to find some and put them in our area so that other cachers can enjoy the game too.

We doubt we will ever win any thing, but at least our fellow cachers might have a chance. So far we have found 10, we could have easily kept them or destroyed them or send them to who knows where, but why ruin it for everyone else.

If you don't want to play along, then leave the WJTB in the cache for the next team to find is all I'm saying.

Try finding a White Jeep at Walmart. Been to two Walmarts and they have about 10-20 of the $1.97 cars, but no Jeeps. Atleast I did get a $320,000 Lamborghini and an $80,000 Porsche to use for Travel bugs.

So much for my idea to get two jeeps, put on travel bug tags and have their names look just like the real jeeps. Only twist is one gets black splotches and is named "Holstein" (like the cow) and the other gets black vertical stripes and is named "Zebra"!