Geowoodstock 4 Planning Event

9Key

The first of what will most likely be a monthly occurance will take place Saturday, Sept 10 at Cedar Hill SP near Dallas:

http://tinyurl.com/8mbub

We'll eat grilled stuff and do some preliminary "getting our ducks in a row" for the GeoWoodstock event than will take place over Memorial Day weekend, 2006.

We warmly welcome folks from anywhere to this (and future) planning events. GW is *your* event and your feedback is very important to us.

If you're in town stop by and say "hi!", or plan a weekend to stay in the park or nearby. There's several challenging caches in the park and many more nearby.

Seeya!

Will

My first bit of advice would be to get a warmer fuzzier, more customer friendly avatar. :mad:

Beyond that, I'm very psyched that you are next year's host. I'm already looking at how to combine a stop in TX for GW4 with a long planned 10th anniversary trip to HI. I've already convinced Shadowgal that it is doable, just need to get to work on the logistics.

I cannot attend any planning sessions, but am available to consult with the food service committee, as I did this year, if need be. No need to worry, I am a trained professional (in that field :lol: ).

My first bit of advice would be to get a warmer fuzzier, more customer friendly avatar. :D

Beyond that, I'm very psyched that you are next year's host. I'm already looking at how to combine a stop in TX for GW4 with a long planned 10th anniversary trip to HI. I've already convinced Shadowgal that it is doable, just need to get to work on the logistics.

I cannot attend any planning sessions, but am available to consult with the food service committee, as I did this year, if need be. No need to worry, I am a trained professional (in that field :P ).

Believe me he is a trained professional...He catered one of our local events and it was deeeeeeelicius. If you need anyone to cater try Angelo's in Fort Worth. It is the best in the DFW area in my opinion having partaken of lots of food there in the past. Everytime we are there we bring back pounds and pounds of their spices for our briskets and ribs.

The dates have been set. May 25, 26, 27 and 28, 2006. Cedar Hill State Park is one of the busiest parks in Texas. Especially during a holiday weekend. In fact, we were just barely able to reserve the pavilions for our event! It is STRONGLY suggested that you make your reservations NOW!

Go here for information:

http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/business/park_reservations/

Entrance fees:

$5 per person, per day 13 and older.

Entrance fees are in addition to Campsite or day use facility fees.

Campsite fees:

$18 per site; all sites have water and electric.

An excess vehicle fee will be charged for all vehicles over the limit of 2 per site.

Main gate open 6a-10pm Mon-Sun. Combination will be provided to all registered campers & those paying after hours activity fees.

2 Night Minimum Reservations REQUIRED for ALL campsites on Holiday Weekends. Yes, this means us, too.

You may pay by cash, check (with valid drivers license), travelers check or credit card (Discover, Mastercard or Visa).

Go here for info on CHSP:

http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/spdest/findade...rks/cedar_hill/

Go here for a video of CHSP:

http://www.zekesuncle.com/geocache/cedar.ram

I can't stress this enough! Call NOW! If the park knows we have a bunch of people coming, they might be able to put us on one side of the park instead of speading us out. And it's a big park.

See ya there!