Follow-up...

QUOTE (webscouter. @ Aug 6 2005, 10:05 AM)

QUOTE (Team AlphaOmega @ Aug 6 2005, 12:39 PM)

Approvers are usually busy, so getting a cache approved quickly is hard, but shouldn't bother you too much.

I wonder if the 18 months that have passed since this post was first posted have made any changes in the OP's attempt to get it listed?

Perhaps we'll soon learn the answer as I have just dropped your question into an e-mail to him. I hope to radicalize the process by going directly to the source."

RESPONSE:

"Did I guess it right that someone just bumped my 18 months old

rightwing-reviewer thread? We just got two messages today about it,

and I guess from different cachers?

A lot of water under the bridge since then... We got one virt

approved just to see what it will take under new rules ... Mended

fences with the local approver who thankfully kept his cool through

the spat ... He's our ten-blocks-away neighbor and a great cacher,

even though kind of burnt out with the garden-variety geocaching ...

Figured how to get the Silence cache approved, but never actually

implemented it.

Anyway we aren't doing much with gc.com now. Wowed not to return

until they fix their problems with Buxleys. Which is probably

forever. But we still maintain existing caches, post a few new ones

at navi site, go to some events and play local caching games, and

seek a bit under this pup's account.

In any case I am not looking for GC's approvers decisions anymore.

Last time I had to twist the guys hands was in February, when I

rebuilt the county's oldest geocache for an anivessary celebratiion

and we run into formal guidelines issue with un-archiving this 2001

hide. Other caching friends weighed in and he's like, OK, if

everybody wants it, so be it.

I don't think I want the whole world know that we are friends with

the local admin :D but feel free to tell anybody interested that I

would have implemented the Silence cache in an approvable way, if I

haven't left GC.com in disgust because of much more serious issues.

MOCKBA & G.P.S."

You're most welcome. :D

:D    Perhaps a link to the thread you're following up on might be in order?  Without knowing which thread it is, and how you've tried to quote a separate thread, I'm confused.  I don't even know what is being quoted and which words are yours.

Yeah, 90 percent of the time you can't tell what the flock this guy is talking about when he posts. :D. Use of the forum features such as the quote button, links button and different fonts would be helpful.

Edited by briansnat
When MOCKBA replied to your private e-mail, did he know that his response would become public?

Well if he actually read my message he would have. And likwise for you also it would appear. "...but feel free to tell anybody interested...".

However since it appears to be of significant importance to you, I'll make a mental note to get your paternal permission prior to emailing someone next time so that everything is done in an appropriate manner.

There, does that make you exceedingly happy? :D

Praise be to Allah. :D

Edited by Team Cotati
When MOCKBA replied to your private e-mail, did he know that his response would become public?

Well if he actually read my message he would have. And likwise for you also it would appear. "...but feel free to tell anybody interested...".

Team Cotati, I think you misunderstood Reveritt. Reveritt isn't questioning the fact that you emailed someone else, he is concerned because you posted what is obviously supposed to be a private response in a public forum.

And to top it all off my original question was a sarcastic retorical question intended to point out that the post was 18 months old. Just trying to get folks to stop pulling up old topics as we have had several topics over a year since last post that have been reopened this month. I didn't really care about the original post as I thought it would have been posted 18 months ago if the OP to the first message had intended for us to know what the resolution was. Maybe I just need to be more blunt.

Talk about taking things out of context! The very sentence that you quote as evidence that MOCKBA knew that you would publish his response began with

I don't think I want the whole world know that we are friends with...

That is why I asked. As for this bit of adolescent sarcasm:

However since it appears to be of significant importance to you, I'll make a mental note to get your paternal permission prior to emailing someone next time so that everything is done in an appropriate manner.

Please rest assured that nothing you are likely to say will be of "significant importance" to me. I was merely trying to determinne if my assumptions regarding your character were valid. Thanks for the quick response.

Edited by reveritt
How did we end up considering auto-archiving old caches and not old threads?

Bass ackwards if you ask me!

:laughing:

Don't feed the trolls. :unsure:

Don't add posts that bump the thread back to the top (wish I could have said that without adding a post that bumps the thread, but at least it was already at the top when I did).

Closing this thread (I hope). :blink: