How Quick Do Caches Get Approved?

TeamAO

I placed a cache on Wednesday, and have been waiting for the cache to get approved. I haven't placed a cache before, but I wanted to know what is the "average" amount of time for caches to get approved. If it helps any, here is the "geocache" number that is in the queue, GCQ0VX.

Any comments are appreciated.

Only you and the reviewers can see the cache page until it'd approved.

A straight-forward, simple, traditional geocache is normally approved in a few days, assuming you read and followed the guidlines (not near railroad tracks, federal buildings, ect).

Puzzle caches, mystery caches, multis, and other caches are more labor-intensive to review and approve.

Place a "reviewers note" on your cache giving the reviewer sa miuch info as possible to help them approve it.

See the guidlines here:

All the caches I have placed have been approved in less than 24 hours.

However, that is going to vary depending on your location and how busy the approvers are.

Well, our local approver is pretty good with guidelines and rules (Keystone Approver), and he sent me a message to send him all the coordinates for all the caches in an email(mystery/unknown cache). I sent it twice and posted a reviewer note, because I'm leaving for a week tommorow morning and wanted to see it published. I understand he's busy, I just can't really find a "definite" amount of time it takes usually.

I've had it take 2 minutes and 2 weeks. Generally under two days in the norm.

yes - me too -

you have to remember that the approvers are volunteers - they have a life too - maybe he went to the beach for the weeked...?

It also depends on the complexity of the cache - simple regular caches usually get first shot - complicated multi's and puzzle caches might take longer. I had a 5 cache series that led to a 6th cache as a puzzle depending on all of the other 5 caches approved in just a couple days.

So a word of advice? Are you old enough to remember that old margarine (or butter) commercial that ended with "It's not nice to mess with mother nature!"?

Well - don't mess with your local approver - could be hazardous to your cache approvals. Or in another tone of voice - don't p*ss him off!

cc\

Leaving town right after (or before) your cache is listed is generally a bad idea. I've seen say too many times that the first finders (or *not* finders) encounter coords that are off, or other problems that the hider must address. When he's out of town and can't check on and fix the problems it gets quite annoying.

I am the reviewer for your area.

Your cache was submitted on August 4th, Thursday. The instructions say to allow up to 72 hours for an initial response. You received an initial response less than 24 hours later, on August 5th, Friday. In my note to you, I asked you to provide the coordinates for all the stages of your multicache, and I noted that your clues were listed in decimal degree format rather than in decimal minute format.

I saw awhile ago that you had responded to my Friday note, and I saw in the forums that you were tinkering with the html for your cache page. I figured I'd give you some time to tidy your page up. It is my full intention to get back to your cache page later tonight or tomorrow. There are other caches in front of yours.

I would advise the OP to BE PATIENT. Multicaches and puzzles often take a bit longer.

I am the reviewer for your area.

Your cache was submitted on August 4th, Thursday. The instructions say to allow up to 72 hours for an initial response. You received an initial response less than 24 hours later, on August 5th, Friday. In my note to you, I asked you to provide the coordinates for all the stages of your multicache, and I noted that your clues were listed in decimal degree format rather than in decimal minute format.

I saw awhile ago that you had responded to my Friday note, and I saw in the forums that you were tinkering with the html for your cache page. I figured I'd give you some time to tidy your page up. It is my full intention to get back to your cache page later tonight or tomorrow. There are other caches in front of yours.

I would advise the OP to BE PATIENT. Multicaches and puzzles often take a bit longer.

Thanks Keystone! I'm just worried about it because it's my first and I thought I got abandoned after the reviewer note you wrote so quickly, I think I forgot that everything cannot be done so quickly. Sorry if you're offended, I'm just new to "placing caches". Thanks for the help.

Question Answered...Closing this thread.