Advice Needed For New Gpsr

marinor

Does anyone know of a handheld GPSr that can store unlimited waypoints?

I would be grateful for any help.

I have tried variious sites, the explorist 600 stores 500 in mem and almost says it can store more on SD card, but does not actually say so for definite.

thanks in advance

Bill

Either Magellan Explorist or Meridian with a SD card can store more than 500 waypoints. My Meridian works well with a 512Mb card in it ( I have not yet tried a 1Gb yet but the prices are coming down ) so I can have lots of waypoints, you just need to swap files as appropriate for the waypoints you require. If you store them in groups of 200, each one can have a comment in the waypoint description too.

Thanks for the info on the meridian, I have a platinum with a 1gb sd card, but have no idea how to store waypoints on sd card or swap from sd card to internal mem, help would be greatly appreciated :D

thanks

Bill

you do realise you have just saved me lotsa spondulix :lol::huh::cry:

ifn ya was female I would kiss, ya, instead you will have to settle for a pint or three when we meet :P

edit: I have found out how to do it with gsak and with a meridian faq thingy, thanks for the heads up :D

Edited by marinor