Why Was This Allowed?

My intention was not to get the cache shutdown, but to correct an improper cache. This was the owner's first cache and perhaps he didn't know better. Mistakes do happen and I'm not blaming anyone. I was just curious about the situation. That's all. My only regret is if The Hermit Crabs lose their FTF and find. I found this cache today and was going to throw a log in there myself, but with all the bad replies I recieved, I left it for the owner to handle.

Thanks to all the constructive people who understood my question.

It also didn't alter what I wanted to say, because another similar issue will appear very, very soon, and people should not be scared of voicing their concerns in these forums. Without them, the General Discussion Forum is too often indistinguishable from the Off Topic Forum foolishness.

What he said.

So many wanna-be forum moderators, so few forums in which to tell people to shut up. Sigh.

:D

Who the hell cares, and what does it accomplish to bring this up in public?

It's strange to me, how forum posters are ready, willing, and allowed to jump all over somebody who dares to bring up something they don't consider "important."

Nobody forced you to read the thread. Nobody forced you to respond. And in my opinion, your response belittling the OP and his question is clearly a violation of the forum guidelines.

How do you think the OP should have dealt with his perfectly valid, if not earth-shaking question? Should he:

• Bother the already-overworked approver?
  • e-mail the geocaching.com contact address? (Yeah, right. That's gonna work.)
  • Ask in the forums in the hope that somebody will know?
  • Shut up and not ask questions?

Seriously, I want to know.

How about:

• Don't worry about it

?

Who the hell cares, and what does it accomplish to bring this up in public?

It's strange to me, how forum posters are ready, willing, and allowed to jump all over somebody who dares to bring up something they don't consider "important."

Do you mean like you jumped all over me? Or do you mean like the OP jumped all over the cache in question?

Nobody forced you to read the thread.  Nobody forced you to respond.

Ditto, Mr. Pot.

- Mr. Kettle

And in my opinion, your response belittling the OP and his question is clearly a violation of the forum guidelines.

Asking the question why anyone cares is hardly belittling.

Hi folks,

The thread is about codeword micros and the standards/process for reviewing them. The cache situation that was the direct subject of this thread has been resolved.

If anyone has further thoughts on the issues raised in the thread, please continue to post.

If anyone wants to take issue with something said to them in the thread, take it to PM's or e-mail.

Thanks.

Im 4 caches away from my next milestone.

Guess what Im doing tomorrow.  :lol:

Hey WH Are you going to change a line in your Sig again?

Garmin 60CS - $400

Hiking Boots - $140

Tank of Gas - $35

Pocket Full of Trade Swag - $10

Calling in Sick to Work so I Can Go Caching - PRICELESS

I am going to say $40 to fill the tank again.

:D:huh::cry::D:P:P:D:D

>>How do you think the OP should have dealt with his perfectly valid, if not >>earth-shaking question? Should he:

• >>
    >>
  • e-mail the geocaching.com contact address? (Yeah, right. That's gonna >>work.)
    >>
    >>
  • Shut up and not ask questions?
    >>

I vote for the RED one.

>>How do you think the OP should have dealt with his perfectly valid, if not >>earth-shaking question?  Should he:
  • >>

>>

• e-mail the geocaching.com contact address?  (Yeah, right. That's gonna >>work.)
    >>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>>>

• Shut up and not ask questions?</span>
    >>

I vote for the RED one.

Post a "needs archived" note, at which point the reviewer will reexamine the cache and it will be disabled until a logbook is added. Wait, thats already been done... Anymore posting is just beating a dead horse.

My very last thoughts on the subject: A beloved "micro in the woods" is bad enough, but one without a logbook? GEEEZ I can do better than that. How about I hide a turd - with my initials stamped on it as a codeword?

But then it wouldnt be a micro.... :D

Edited by 4wheelin_fool
My very last thoughts on the subject: A beloved "micro in the woods" is bad enough, but one without a logbook? GEEEZ I can do better than that. How about I hide a turd - with my initials stamped on it as a codeword?

this would be the little-known, highly secretive, cousin of the codeword, known as the turdword. :D