Wife Swap!

Saw this show once, pretty fun I thought.

Put the date up online for when it airs when you know, because I really want to see this, I really see them matching you with a 500lb lady and you guys going on a geocache with a terrain rating of 5.

Any publicity is good publicity.

ABC wouldn't pick up a show about geocaching. But I honestly think OLN could make something out of it. Perhaps some sort of competitive geocaching event show. Hide different types of caches, then let one cacher at a time search. Throw in some surprises like a rubber snake or jets of water to make things more interesting. Wife Swap's an OK show but one about geocaching would be so much better.

Being the reality tv junkie that I am I know a little how these things work. If he was approved to be on the show he's had to sign his life away by now and is not allowed to talk about it anymore. At least not until after the air date.

Also, I wonder how many episodes they make for every one they show. After all, no matter how good your research, you can't guarantee there'll be the right amount of conflict to make "good TV".

I would bet if the OP gets a 500lb new wife but she turns out to love geocaching (and his kids, his house, etc), and vice versa in the other house, that they'll get a warning from the producer to "up the conflict levels", and if they don't, it just won't get shown.

Yeah, I want to see it. Maybe they give him a gag order. I can't wait to see them caching on TV, wonder what the world will think of it???

BTW, yesterday a guy and his wife from my area was on there. My mom worked in the same factory with him, and about 1,000 other people, so she didn't know him. It was cool to see a local on there, he got some hippie from up north for his trade. (He got the bad end of the deal IMO.)

Yeah, I wanted to watch the sci-fi monster show surface on the other channel, but figured watching a local on TV doesn't happen every day.

I didn't think it was too bad, it was hilarius watching that hippie woman make that guy eat raw veggie stuff. I wanted to know why that woman applied for the show in the first place if she thought TV was so bad.

Edited by Airmapper

Im' wondering if they will let you go after a real cache,or create a phony one for you to hunt.

I wouldnt like that. I hunt, and sometimes I see hunting scenes in movies that are created by Hollywood types that have no Idea of which they are talking about, and it makes my blood boil.

Don't let them do that to Geocaching.

Boy, if I were in their shoes, I'd set it up with a friend and a local approver. Have the friend go hide a cache in a location that is an ardous hike, but not a killer. When the show is approved, have him submit it to the local approver, who okays it immediately, so that it shows up around midnight.

Shake the swapped wife out of a sound sleep for a midnight ramble to get FTF! I'd almost be willing to pay money to see that.

CM, I hope I'm not being a wet blanket here, but if I were you, I'd back out NOW.

Believe me when I say I've had enough experience with network TV to know that you are never going to be happy again if you do this. They will belittle you and your family, humiliate you all on national television not just now but forever in re-runs, and then make you sign a contract that you will never complain about it to anyone, ever.

I cannot think of a more horrible thing to do to yourself, and that includes self-immolation. Really.

If this is something you would really like to do remeber this: Before you drive the swapped wife to he brink of insanity, she will be allocating how you spend your money. Piss her off too much and and you will see your $50,000 spent in ways that really will make your blood boil! And on the other paw, if she likes geocaching, and reads this log- how's she gonna feel?

Just my 2 cents...

~SFR~