Indianapolis

Corp Of  Discovery

I would recommend Think Like a Vegan II. It's a traditional cache, but it requires solving a puzzle in order to reach the log book and the goodies. I highly recommend it.

If you're going to be in downtown, I would suggest checking out caches in and around White River State Park. They tend to be virtuals, but I think that they are rather enjoyable.

Just my two cents.

I agree with Cybret on His Favorite Niece GC34F2- a virtual at the highest point in Indianapolis.

If you do that cache you will also be very close to what I think is an excellent spot to find 3 caches from 1 parking spot at the Indianapolis Museum of Art. GC6BFB - Monet's Montage; GCPE7E - Bowstring Pony Truss Bridge and the real kicker - Fairbank's Art and Nature Preserve (a real treat of a walk along the river). The entire loop is proably less than 1.5 miles. Plus you can see a lot of other cool things on the museum grounds and go inside if you want to.

But it's also somewhat related to where you'll be and how much daylight time you'll have to cache. If you're at any of the business/meeting complexes on the northeast side, you may want to select a different batch.

Just scoped out where you'll be staying, CoD ... You've got quite a few within caches close to your hotel ... HOWEVER ... You'll find traffic will be a real bear during morning and afternoon rush hour. And that's in the snooty part of town so you'll deal with some of Indy's rudest drivers. Shopping is excellent, however and includes a very nice Dick's just a few minutes away.

Leave yourself plenty of extra time to get to and from the area around your hotel in the AM and PM.

Hope to see ya.

Just scoped out where you'll be staying, CoD ... You've got quite a few within caches close to your hotel ... HOWEVER ... You'll find traffic will be a real bear during morning and afternoon rush hour. And that's in the snooty part of town so you'll deal with some of Indy's rudest drivers. Shopping is excellent, however and includes a very nice Dick's just a few minutes away.

Leave yourself plenty of extra time to get to and from the area around your hotel in the AM and PM.

Hope to see ya.

Thanks Torry, I'll pass the commute info on to my roommates too, who will be heading into the downtown area daily. Snooty huh? I'll remember to smile as I flip 'em the bird.... :rolleyes:

<Grits teeth>......resist, resist, must not comment on shopping recommendation....... :lol:

Hope to see ya.

Thanks Torry, I'll pass the commute info on to my roommates too, who will be heading into the downtown area daily. Snooty huh? I'll remember to smile as I flip 'em the bird.... :D

<Grits teeth>......resist, resist, must not comment on shopping recommendation....... :o

It used to be a very nice Galyans ... I think there's a new Bass Pro Shop up there, too.

So are you in town yet?

GCV8BF......run a query from this waypoint, and you will find yourself in a nice little area just north of downtown Indianapolis and a plethora of very good caches. This particular cache is very very close to a good little eating place, and another outstanding one right across the street.

I highly recommend the tenderloin here, and anything on the menu at Yat's across the street.

Go directly north from here about a mile and you will find more caches and even more very good and unique places to eat.

The downtown area has some very nice caches also, I recommend White River State Park, and the variety around the canal. As noted already "his favorite niece" cache is noteworthy as it is the highest point in the city, and located in the 3rd largest cemetary in the United States. The Indianapolis Museum of Art has some very fun caches.

Skip the puzzles there are too many nice caches in the area.

Good Hunting and Welcome to Indianapolis,

D_A_C

GCV8BF......run a query from this waypoint, and you will find yourself in a nice little area just north of downtown Indianapolis and a plethora of very good caches. This particular cache is very very close to a good little eating place, and another outstanding one right across the street.

I highly recommend the tenderloin here, and anything on the menu at Yat's across the street.

Go directly north from here about a mile and you will find more caches and even more very good and unique places to eat.

The downtown area has some very nice caches also, I recommend White River State Park, and the variety around the canal. As noted already "his favorite niece" cache is noteworthy as it is the highest point in the city, and located in the 3rd largest cemetary in the United States. The Indianapolis Museum of Art has some very fun caches.

Skip the puzzles there are too many nice caches in the area.

Good Hunting and Welcome to Indianapolis,

D_A_C

Thanks for the info. I originally posted this a year ago. Strangely enough tho I'm going to be back down there this weekend. I'll keep your suggestions in mind. :laughing: