Who Are The First 100 Geocachers?

PULASKI

Greetings!

When first heard about geocaching there were NO caches in Pennsylvania ( as of today there are 2504 ).

I was wondering if anyone knows who the first 100 or 500 or 1000 cachers are?

Just think - the first person, or maybe even the Top 100, could wear a special crown and visit GC events like royalty!! Hey, it works for CCCooperAgency as kings and queens of numbers!! :-p

Your thoughts?

Sincerely,

PULASKI

Just think - the first person, or maybe even the Top 100, could wear a special crown and visit GC events like royalty!! Hey, it works for CCCooperAgency as kings and queens of numbers!!  :-p

Your thoughts?

My thoughts?

The Forum Guidelines (at the top of every forum page)

Some things to keep in mind when posting:

Respect: Respect the guidelines for forum usage, and site usage. Respect Groundspeak, its employees, volunteers, yourself, fellow community members, and guests on these boards. Whether a community member has one post or 5,000 posts, they deserve the same respect.

My thoughts?

Respect: Respect the guidelines for forum usage, and site usage. Respect Groundspeak, its employees, volunteers, yourself, fellow community members, and guests on these boards. Whether a community member has one post or 5,000 posts, they deserve the same respect.

For the life of me, I can't figure out what that guideline has to do with this topic. :rolleyes:

My thoughts?

For the life of me, I can't figure out what that guideline has to do with this topic. :wacko:

I think it has to do with the comment made about CCCooperAgency. That remark could be viewed as derogatory. I personally wasn't sure how the statement was intended, so if there are doubts by anyone, it probably shouldn't have been posted.

I don't believe your sign on date or the number of finds that you have cause others to treat you nice. I believe it's the respect that you earn from the community regardless of any of the above.

El Diablo

Subject: [GEO] PULASKI contacting you from Geocaching.com

-This message was sent through http://www.geocaching.com --

Then why post?

Just so you can (again) see your name in print?????

User's Profile:

http://www.geocaching.com/profile/?guid=af...6b-859e044bd435

------------------------------------------------------------

This email was sent without a return email address. You will need to respond to this email through the

Geocaching.com Web site. Visit http://www.geocaching.com and log in to respond to the message from your

"my cache page".

And yet again.

Greetings.

Focus people, focus. Numerous posters and only 1 that attempts to answer my question.

I think some people need to study SBELL111's Creed with attention to #3.

I took offense at El Diablo's statement that people can't say something if it MIGHT offend someone. That PC-thinking is one reason why America has problems.

When you are The King of the Hill - i.e. the CCCAs, The President of the USA or a famous Hollywood celebrity - you have to expect people to sling comments at you.

If that offends you - note the small :-p symbol after my comment. Lynn and company are great people - just wacky wacky wacky as geocachers. Do the math - it would be hard to deny that statement when you look at their pace. Wacky isn't neccessarily a bad thing - its just a departure from the norm.

Hopefully my comments didn't offend anyone. If they did - I am not sure how I will live with myself.

:wacko: <---------------------------- see that little guy?

Sincerely,

PULASKI

Greetings.

Focus people, focus. Numerous posters and only 1 that attempts to answer my question.

I think some people need to study SBELL111's Creed with attention to #3.

I took offense at El Diablo's statement that people can't say something if it MIGHT offend someone. That PC-thinking is one reason why America has problems.

When you are The King of the Hill - i.e. the CCCAs, The President of the USA or a famous Hollywood celebrity - you have to expect people to sling comments at you.

If that offends you - note the small :-p symbol after my comment. Lynn and company are great people - just wacky wacky wacky as geocachers. Do the math - it would be hard to deny that statement when you look at their pace. Wacky isn't neccessarily a bad thing - its just a departure from the norm.

Hopefully my comments didn't offend anyone. If they did - I am not sure how I will live with myself.

:wacko: <---------------------------- see that little guy?

Sincerely,

PULASKI

I agree with you completely about PC, I even did a nice article about it in the magazine. However PC normally applies to groups or general ideas, not an individual person.

You singled out Lynn. Like I said, I wasn't sure how you meant that comment. There have been a lot of stabs made at Lynn on these forums and some of us feel protective of her. Maybe it would have been better to have said the person with the most finds.

I didn't mean to offend you, I just pointed out why mtn-man made the comment that he did, or I think that's why he made it.

Anyways I hope there are no hard feelings.

El Diablo

I didn't mean to offend you, I just pointed out why mtn-man made the comment that he did, or I think that's why he made it.

You were exactly correct.

"Slinging comments" at other cachers in the forums is against the forum guidelines. It is rude and frowned upon in the forums. Treat all other cachers as you expect to be treated. Being a top geocacher is far from being the President of the United States.

4497 here saying hello. Any one seen my good friend 24 lately? He took off for Idaho and I haven't seen him since. Maybe he's out hiking with 3. 3's really been hitting the trails this year. Or maybe 24 is just resting up from another Wednesday Night Wannabee's trip with 286779 and 116413 again. Anyway. hope he's well.

4497 here saying hello. Any one seen my good friend 24 lately? He took off for Idaho and I haven't seen him since. Maybe he's out hiking with 3. 3's really been hitting the trails this year. Or maybe 24 is just resting up from another Wednesday Night Wannabee's trip with 286779 and 116413 again. Anyway. hope he's well.

The scary thing is, I followed all of that without having to look up any of the numbers, and I live on the other side of the continent! I've found two of 4497's caches while in the company of 3 and 24. One of 4497's caches was so nice, I came back across the country just to visit it again!

Signed,

Ok, a newb here, I did this the hard way most likely, 84928, listed all users by joined date and went back until I found me. I couldn't see it anywhere else, was there and easier way for other curious cachers?

Greg

Ok someone please tell the dumb guy, that's me how to figure out what number you are.

Hover your mouse over anyone's name next to their forum post, above their avatar. This is a hyperlink to the poster's profile page. The URL ends with the poster's user ID number. You can see it in the information bar at the bottom of your browser.

I agree with you completely about PC, I even did a nice article about it in the magazine. However PC normally applies to groups or general ideas, not an individual person.

You singled out Lynn. Like I said, I wasn't sure how you meant that comment. There have been a lot of stabs made at Lynn on these forums and some of us feel protective of her. Maybe it would have been better to have said the person with the most finds.

Actually, you singled out Lynn. The OP mentioned CCCooperAgency, which is merely a username associated with, at various times, anywhere from 1 to 4 people. Before I get attacked for merely mentioning their username, please allow me to include that I am very happy for CCCooperAgency that they enjoy geocaching as much as they obviously do. All the best to them and theirs.

I'm 386887, and I saw nothing wrong with the OP's comment. Anyone who read anything more into it than appeared in black-and-white should feel free to examine why they interpreted it the way they did.

Edited by Yankees Win!

68778 checking in to report that I'm having lots of FUN! :wacko:

I think it is an interesting topic, and would be curious how many of the original 100,500 even 1000 are still active. Just remember that you shouldn't judge someone by their numbers, but by their actions.

Now back to your normal :blink: scheduled programming. :lol:

I'm 23324.  If only I had registered earlier, I could have been 23323.

Too bad you didn't register 8 people later. 23332 would have been so symmetrical.

Dang, if we had registered just one day earlier than we did we might have gotten #200000.

Looking at the user numbers & sign-up dates for the last few months, it looks like there are about 10,000 new accounts every 17 days or so. So we should hit 500,000 by about Nov 25... I wonder if balloons will fall from the ceiling, confetti will be tossed, and party-horns will toot? Someone should make a cake. :wacko:

It's times like these that I wish I could remember Dru's old tagline about people who cache more than you and those that cache less that you. Does anyone remember the exact text? Oh I found it:

stealyourcache.gif Ever notice how anyone that caches more than you do is a maniac, while anyone that caches less than you do is an idiot? -Dru Morgan

I certainly don't consider Joani or myself wacky at all regarding geocaching. We happen to enjoy geocaching, and during our spare time (which we have a fair amount, since our kids are grown), mostly on weekends, we go geocaching. We have fun. What's wacky about that? :lol:

--Marky

:lol: I have started kind of slowly but as I go along I am gaining momentum.

At first it was hard to find the caches but now I am learning to be more aware of where things can be hidden.

I am also gaining respect for the other cachers in my area.

Lots of inventive locations.

Maybe someone will write a biography of the "early cachers."

When you look at how many are brought together by Groundspeak it is amazing.

And hey guys, roll with the punches. I know we should be nice and follow the forum rules but free speech can be a little nasty at times.

I think a good general rule is if you are mad, don't post right away. Give it a little time. :lol:

236929= number of mistakes I have paid for. :lol:

Edited by deimos444