Not A Valid Pocket Pc Program

I tried GPXSonar first but got this same message trying to install it. I posted a message on their site/BBoard and they posted they would check it out but I have seen no answers to the puzzle. Thanks!

Did you download the 'EXE' or the 'CAB' file to your iPAQ and try to install? You cannot install the EXE directly on your iPAQ, that is a Windows executable and is supposed to be run from Windows. The installer will then open the ActiveSync dialog and ask you how to proceed.

If you want to install GPXSonar directly to your iPAQ, click here for the CAB file. Put the CAB file on your iPAQ and go to town.

CLARRIFICATION: "You cannot install the EXE directly on your iPAQ, that is a Windows executable and is supposed to be run from Windows." Windows executable means your desktop/laptop/server, not your PocketPC...

Edited by PodunkPaul

Thanks folks!

“PodunkPaul“, you are correct of course and it installed as easy as pie.

“Idiosyncratic“, sorry but I don’t flame and I sure would not if someone was trying to be helpful.

Maybe someone will come along directly and help out with that. :lol:

I thank all of you most kindly for your time.