What About

geo_boy_2001

that that is is that that is not is not is not that so?

Equals

That that is, is.  That that is not, is not.  Is not that so?

Algernon, My long lost hamster. At last I have found you!!!

(really vague book reference tied to the movie)

Wasn't Algernon a mouse?

Sure. Say I find a cache that you hid and I really like it. I can go online and look at your favorites. It stands to reason that if you hide ones that I like, then you'll like to find ones that I like, too.

This takes the randomness out of the process. If it was just some rating based on how well everybody liked a cache, I would have no idea if the people who rated it like the same kind of caches that I do.

I have so many different kinds of caches, that I'm not sure that would really work. Just because someone likes one of mine, doesn't mean that they might like another one.

I agree, but if I don't like walmart micros and the first one of yours that I find is a full-sized cache hidden near a scenic overlook with a mile hike, you're favorite finds are less likely to let me down.

Aaaahh, but what if the first one of mine that you find is a Wal-mart micro? :lol:

I agree, but if I don't like walmart micros and the first one of yours that I find is a full-sized cache hidden near a scenic overlook with a mile hike, you're favorite finds are less likely to let me down.

What exactly is a "walmart micro"? Has walmart started selling super cheap micro caches made in china that are designed to put the makers of all other micro caches out of business?

If Algernon had a GPS used the tracking feature to know where he was and marked the dead ends with a waypoint and went through the maze quicker to find his cheese filled cache at the end then Algernon would indeed be a good cacher but since the cache has food in it then he would be a good cacher that like bad caches and the cache would be scrutinized by people because we shouldn't have food in caches because they attract animals and we would next be comparing food caches with a 35 MM film canister under a light pole in a Wal-Mart parking lot and Algernon wouldn't like the Wal-Mart micro because it didn't have chees in it so he would rate that cache low and the cheese cache in the maze would be rated high because Algernon likes cheese and all the other cachers would post SBA logs on the cheeses cache and Algernon would come to the forums and talk about cruelty to animals and people would have a reason to berate the reviewers because they do not allow animals to go caching.

Aaaahh, but what if the first one of mine that you find is a Wal-mart micro?  :lol:

If I didn't like WalMart micros, I wouldn't look at your favorites. I would peek at the faves of someone else in your area.

But if I only had one wal-mart, and nine nice hikes, you might be cheated out on some nice caches! :lol::lol:

But if I only had one wal-mart, and nine nice hikes, you might be cheated out on some nice caches! ;):huh:

You're absolutely right.

That is the risk that I would have to take if I was trying to in an unfamiliar area and still wanted to avoid caches that I didn't think were worthy.

In reality, I take more of a scortched earth method of geocaching. If I'm on a trip, I'll try to hit every cache between A & B. When in a strange town, I'll just work my way through it as efficiently as possible, in the time that I have. If I don't have much time, I'll just keep looking for the nearest caches until I run out of time.