How Do You Become A Reviewer?

5, 4, 3, 2....

I'll put it this way... usually dragged while kicking and screaming into office. This is due to the fact you will have been involved in the sport long enough to know what kind of abuse the volunteers take while performing their duties as a reviewer.

Edited by TotemLake

It basically boils down to you are asked to be a reviewer when Groundspeak needs one. If you want to position yourself to be asked get involved with your local organization, place high quality caches with proper permissions. Make sure you maintain your caches and also help maintain other caches you come across that need a little TLC.

That being said, if you hang around a little bit and read the forums you will find that being a reviewer is not only a thankless job but many times it will make you the object of much anger. With the exception of the Kansas and Missouri approvers most of them wonder why they agreed to be a reviewer. (Kansas and Missouri cachers are really nice to our approvers. :rolleyes: )

With the exception of the Kansas and Missouri approvers most of them wonder why they agreed to be a reviewer. (Kansas and Missouri cachers are really nice to our approvers. :rolleyes: )

I have had my moments, but it is fun and I enjoy it for the most part. I think that really is the case overall. The lobotomy is healed up nicely too. I got it back in 1891 afterall.

A clear understanding of the guidelines is needed as well. Placing a few caches and making sure you know your guidelines will help. It will give you some experience. Get involved in your local group first. It is a great place to start.

Edited by mtn-man
It basically boils down to you are asked to be a reviewer when Groundspeak needs one. If you want to position yourself to be asked get involved with your local organization, place high quality caches with proper permissions. Make sure you maintain your caches and also help maintain other caches you come across that need a little TLC.

That being said, if you hang around a little bit and read the forums you will find that being a reviewer is not only a thankless job but many times it will make you the object of much anger. With the exception of the Kansas and Missouri approvers most of them wonder why they agreed to be a reviewer. (Kansas and Missouri cachers are really nice to our approvers. :rolleyes: )

We're nice to our reviewer in NV. People who question the Nevada reviewer go for a ride with "Da Boyz". <_<

Could someone explain the "Why does my post say <screen name>?" reference to me. I was absent that day. An email will do.

One of the greatest misuses of a sock puppet account.

Forever engraved in the bathroom walls of forum history.

One of the funniest series of exchanges you will read.

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php...ndpost&p=830700

Also, later in the topic, spawned the quote:

im not that computer savvy

Yeah, no kidding. :rolleyes:

Could someone explain the "Why does my post say <screen name>?" reference to me. I was absent that day. An email will do.

Yeah, no kidding. :blink:

:rolleyes: ringbone!!! a classic!!!! <_<

on topic: my advice is to start drinking heavily.

:wacko: who doesn't with the exception of maybe ringbone. then there is Marty and Ace who only likes caches that rock :blink::lol:

And thanks to Ace, we all learned that caches with emory boards in them do NOT rock. :lol:

Okay, back on topic. Here's how I see it. If you ASK to be a reviewer, you won't be chosen.

In which case....PICK ME!! PICK ME!! PICK ME!! PICK MEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!

Well, when a mommy and daddy reviewer love each other very much...oh, wait. I thought that was "where do reviewers come from?"

Go on. Sounds interesting.

That's all I know. I always fell asleep right about there and the next thing I knew it was time to get dressed for school

You got off lucky, we had to watch the video in school.

Close your eyes and imagine a pony, a frog, a dog, a guy in a lab coat, a heidi, a hampster, a smurf, or a (saxophone for that matter) popping out of the mommy reviewer. :wacko:

Please, please, please, please tell your kids that reviewers get dropped off by a stork. it's much less painful. :blink:

Yeah, no kidding. :huh:

Missed that one - thanks for pointing it out.

And ringbone hasn't logged into the site since shortly thereafter... :cry:

Alright, which one of you is really ringbone, consistently using a new account? :D [Hint: anyone who created an account on or about March, 2004 is suspect]. :D:lol: