I Just Found My 1st!

chasemanjansen

I heard about this in an issue of Xtreme Jakes, and I was interested. So I says to myself, "Why not put in your zip code and see how many are around?" So I did, and as it turns out, there are 933 in a 25 mile radius by my house! So, I tried one at a local park (no trees or anything) and... No dice. And then I found a location around a very wooded area. So I decided to do it. I was taking a dare as there was thorns and mosquitos everywhere. But, deep into the woods, I found it. A green drinkable water jug with red paint splattered on it. I yelped in joy! As I opened it, I saw the log book and I wondered what to put on it. So I just wrote: 8/3/05 Chasemanjansen MY FIRST FIND! I took a Finding Nemo bubble blower and left a wooden ocarina. So I took the nearest exit and ended up on an unfamiliar street just outside the woods! So I went out, and 2 minutes later, I was in front of my 18- speed bike! I peddled home and told my dad, He seemed impressed. But I cut my leg pretty badly. But I'm okay now! ;)

Heres to my first find, and to many more!

Chasemanjansen

P.S, I'm only 13.

I heard about this in an issue of Xtreme Jakes, and I was interested. So I says to myself, "Why not put in your zip code and see how many are around?" So I did, and as it turns out, there are 933 in a 25 mile radius by my house! So, I tried one at a local park (no trees or anything) and... No dice. And then I found a location around a very wooded area. So I decided to do it. I was taking a dare as there was thorns and mosquitos everywhere. But, deep into the woods, I found it. A green drinkable water jug with red paint splattered on it. I yelped in joy! As I opened it, I saw the log book and I wondered what to put on it. So I just wrote: 8/3/05 Chasemanjansen MY FIRST FIND! I took a Finding Nemo bubble blower and left a wooden ocarina. So I took the nearest exit and ended up on an unfamiliar street just outside the woods! So I went out, and 2 minutes later, I was in front of my 18- speed bike! I peddled home and told my dad, He seemed impressed. But I cut my leg pretty badly. But I'm okay now! ;)

Heres to my first find, and to many more!

Chasemanjansen

P.S, I'm only 13.

congratulations and welcome to the addiction!! make sure that xmas list includes a Garmin :laughing:

Hey Chasemanjansen,

I'm new to it too! I found my first two caches this weekend with a brand new Garmin Etrex. It took me to within 16 feet of the cache. I'm thrilled with the accuracy. I guess you and I are the newest newbies here today. I'm fully hooked and can't wait to find more, especially the water only caches. I'm an avid kayaker too.

LITTLEKAT :rolleyes:

Hi i just got my first find to! its really fun good job and lets go get some MORE :unsure:

welcome joki. The forum software is pretty finicky. You need to click on "close all tags" or manually close them for the font stuff to work. If you want to practice, you can post in the Testing Testing thread pinned at the top of the page.