Sign in to follow this  
Followers 55
Ladycacher

Wooden Nickel Trading

Mine are in and ready for caches. Sorry no trading here, all coins are destined to be cached.

AVDezign3.gif

Nice coin, I hope sometime you drop one in Missouri. I like the fleur de lis.

Mine are in and ready for caches. Sorry no trading here, all coins are destined to be cached.

AVDezign3.gif

Nice wooden nickel AV. If you change your mind on trading, let me know.

site1040_t.jpg

Limited amount so if you want one, you have to find one of my caches. :blink:

Please leave one of yours if you do happen visit so I can swap it out. I check my caches regularily.

Edit: hrm, I'll try to resize the pic.

Edited by mudsneaker

Yep,, I also have some wooden nickels to trade.. I also had a stamp with our logo made up, and I am now hand stamping wooden nickels as well...so I now have two styles of wooden nickels.....( hand stamped & logo sticker nickels) If anyone is interested in a hand stamped wooden nickel let me know..

Thanks

Yep,, I also have some wooden nickels to trade.. I also had a stamp with our logo made up, and I am now hand stamping wooden nickels as well...so I now have two styles of wooden nickels.....( hand stamped & logo sticker nickels) If anyone is interested in a hand stamped wooden nickel let me know..

Thanks

I've also started hand stamping some wooden nickels in addition to my others, it's fun to do and some traders actually prefer the stamped ones. :D

I've also started hand stamping some wooden nickels in addition to my others, it's fun to do and some traders actually prefer the stamped ones. :P

Got any pics of the new stamped nickels. Love to see how they came out.

Edited by BomberJohn

I've also started hand stamping some wooden nickels in addition to my others, it's fun to do and some traders actually prefer the stamped ones. :P

Got any pics of the new stamped nickels. Love to see how they came out.

The top five all have the 57chevy was here on one side.

d34ed299-a134-4b06-853e-d82af356fbc9.jpg

Edited by 57chevy

I've got some of the following wooden nickels that I'll trade for others:

2005 California trackable

RufusTheCat

Sunshine Gang

Motogrrl

Rocket Girl wooden token

Alpharomero wooden token

just to bump this to the top :ph34r:

but i have a new wooden nickel for trading you can see it in my trading list..

if you are intersted in a trade 1/1 you should know by now how to get in touch with me...

cheers from the u.k.

B.

token2.jpg

token1.jpg

token3.jpg

So here is my token. My original name was "ATMousebusters90" - it was my husband's and my trail name on the Appalachian Trail when we hiked it in 1990, so we used it for caching. Then he wanted his own name and I got tired of writing the darned thing, so I kept it, sort of and shortened it to ATMouse. My husband took "Toolman47". We both got stamps (mine was my atavar for a long time) and well, I used them for the token.

The edge has "CACHING SINCE SEPTEMBER 28, 2003" woodburned on it - it's a combination of inks, woodburning and applied glitter stuff, with urethane to keep it.

NYGO, is of course, the NY Geocacher's Organization and ACCA is the Allegany County Cacher's Association; I am a member of both. The shamrock is for my Irish heritage, kinda obvious, I suppose...

thanks to: 'gordoslim' and 'silver&lucy'

for there nickel trades..

would anyone else like to trade across the pond :(

woops another bump !!!

B.

:o Very nice! E-mail sent! :)

:D And thanks to BobUK for the trade also, Great examples of quality wooden nickels. I still have plenty of nickels to trade, If interested just shoot me a line. :ph34r:

Edited by 57chevy

Very nice! E-mail sent!

Me too!

Thanks guys!!! I also have round ones with the same logo. :ph34r:

99767cee-8031-488d-a4bf-f5ac03ad28a3.jpg

Edited by Ziggy Crew

Very nice! E-mail sent!

Me too!

Thanks guys!!! I also have round ones with the same logo. :ph34r:

99767cee-8031-488d-a4bf-f5ac03ad28a3.jpg

mail.gif

Thanks to all that have been interested in our Nickels, I have sent them out in the mail today. Anyone else like to trade? PM or Email us.

Thanks, Ziggy Crew

We will getting our nickels in about a week here is a proof of what they will look like email me for trades please include a pic of your nickel if you have.

MVC-047F.jpg

Also check this thread out Wooden Nickel Purse

We also have wooden nickels and poker chips :(

As do I. (wooden nickels anyway.) /bump/

We just got your nickels today. They are nice!!! Thanks!!!

We also have wooden nickels and poker chips :(

As do I. (wooden nickels anyway.) /bump/

We just got your nickels today. They are nice!!! Thanks!!!

Mine? Already? Wow, gotta love the Postal Service. Amazing what 39 cents will do for ya in this day and time.

Our coins will be here on wednesday we only have about 5 nickels in our collection so email me your infro for trades I am ready to get my binder full......

Edited to add: That would be wednesday the 17th of may

Edited by Team Jsam

Thanks to all that have been interested in our Nickels, I have sent them out in the mail today. Anyone else like to trade? PM or Email us.

Thanks, Ziggy Crew

Your package is on the way :( .

Our coins will be here on wednesday we only have about 5 nickels in our collection so email me your infro for trades I am ready to get my binder full......

Email sent.

Email sent.

Ditto!

Wow! 9 Envelopes went out yesterday and 10 more today. Thanks to all for your intrest in our Nickel. Anyone else like to make a trade?

21ceddc3-e2f1-4a1e-a832-44a75c2be42f.jpg

I am going to have to hold of on trades for a bit I think I have about 20 comming in I want to get these taken care of before I do more trades to aviod messing things up, a big thanks to all who I have traded with and a Huge thanks to those who have donated nickels for my nickel purse.........YOU GUYS/GALS ROCK!

Just incase I missed emailing anyone I have mailed off 14 packages today so I am all cought up.

Oh yea here is a pic of our nickel it turned out great.

100_0672.jpg

token2.jpg

token1.jpg

token3.jpg

So here is my token. My original name was "ATMousebusters90" - it was my husband's and my trail name on the Appalachian Trail when we hiked it in 1990, so we used it for caching. Then he wanted his own name and I got tired of writing the darned thing, so I kept it, sort of and shortened it to ATMouse. My husband took "Toolman47". We both got stamps (mine was my atavar for a long time) and well, I used them for the token.

The edge has "CACHING SINCE SEPTEMBER 28, 2003" woodburned on it - it's a combination of inks, woodburning and applied glitter stuff, with urethane to keep it.

NYGO, is of course, the NY Geocacher's Organization and ACCA is the Allegany County Cacher's Association; I am a member of both. The shamrock is for my Irish heritage, kinda obvious, I suppose...

Wow, wow, wow! The pictures do not do these justice. They arrived last night and they're amazing! Really nice work guys and a great signature item. Great trade that we can't wait to show off. Thanks again :lol:

Wow! 9 Envelopes went out yesterday and 10 more today. Thanks to all for your intrest in our Nickel. Anyone else like to make a trade?

21ceddc3-e2f1-4a1e-a832-44a75c2be42f.jpg

Would you consider trades for fimo tokens?

:( Summerandnana's fimo tokens are OUTSTANDING!!! These are about as good as it gets, It's one of the best trades I've made. Thanks again! :ph34r:

I have my new wooden nickel design finished as of today... I will post pictures of the nickel after I finish assembling them.

Still looking for trades....

I have 3 wooden nickels now and 2 poker chips (1 almost gone)

MetroGT

Here's my new wooden nickel. The picture is a little low on light due to no flash, surface is shiny and reflects too much of the flash.

155192664_34b8c676ac.jpg

Bmp/Looking for nickels.........Trade?

Here's my new wooden nickel. The picture is a little low on light due to no flash, surface is shiny and reflects too much of the flash.

155192664_34b8c676ac.jpg

Sent your packages out today.

If anyone is interested...

The numbers on the front are binary for MetroGT

The numbers in the circle on the back are TFTC

If anyone is interested...

The numbers on the front are binary for MetroGT

The numbers in the circle on the back are TFTC

metro-chip.jpg

E-mailed you back, thanks! :laughing:

DSC00983.jpg

Check out the tokens on the right side of the picture!!! Whooooo-eeeeee! Y'all's stuff looks good, don't it???

(Unfortunately you can't see some that are lying flat behind the row. I need to make another display - thingie...)

Edited by ATMouse

DSC00983.jpg

Check out the tokens on the right side of the picture!!! Whooooo-eeeeee! Y'all's stuff looks good, don't it???

(Unfortunately you can't see some that are lying flat behind the row. I need to make another display - thingie...)

Is that a Moop Along Poker Chip (green) I see??? Very cool display. .

Hey, I can see my token! Cool! I like your idea for a display too, just a piece of wood (1x2 would work) with an angled saw cut ripped down it. Nice idea. And if you really want to get fancy, put a nice routered edge on it and get a plexiglass cover (like for model trains) to keep the dust off.

Nice collection.

Hey, I can see my token! Cool! I like your idea for a display too, just a piece of wood (1x2 would work) with an angled saw cut ripped down it. Nice idea.

Nice collection.

Yup! I set the tablesaw gate at just under 3 1/4" at a 17 degree angle, ran the peice down, then re-set the gate at 3 1/8" and did it again. Checked to make sure the biggest coin fit, then re-set the gate at 5 1/4", ran it down, 5 1/8" and ran it again. Some sanding and look! a display thingie!!!

And if you really want to get fancy, put a nice routered edge on it and get a plexiglass cover (like for model trains) to keep the dust off.

That is EXACTLY what we want to do! (Yeah, yours DOES look good there...!)

I see'm :( Got your PM and that's a nice display, too. I'm thinking of trying something similar with a couple pieces of walnut I have laying around. If it works out, I'll post it with the new nickels and tokens. :(

ATmouse I'm confused......is your picture some kinda optical illusion all I see are books :(

Nice job we've been trying to figure out how to display ours also!

Thanks for the idea (I see ours there too! :( )

Have Fun

Blenz