Wooden Nickel Trading

Ladycacher

Got....Like 5 of my original (2006) nickels left. Hope to have Poker chips (willing to trade...will wait to pose pic 'til they're in), Magnetic calling cards, & Pathtags within the next couple weeks...then may or may not get some more (different design, of course) wood nickels.

Of course, also have the fossils still. Can never have too many fossils :anitongue:

Yours are on the way, or will be soon, Nomads. <_<

Thanks to everyone who's traded with me, and anyone who hasn't...well, I've still got 5.

b45761269.jpg

Edited by Deweyz

Got....Like 5 of my original (2006) nickels left. Hope to have Poker chips (willing to trade...will wait to pose pic 'til they're in), Magnetic calling cards, & Pathtags within the next couple weeks...then may or may not get some more (different design, of course) wood nickels.

Of course, also have the fossils still. Can never have too many fossils :anitongue:

Thanks to everyone who's traded with me, and anyone who hasn't...well, I've still got 5.

b45761269.jpg

You got mail. :unsure: I love Pathtags :anibad:

Of course, also have the fossils still. Can never have too many fossils ;)

b45761269.jpg

I'm in for a trade. Will send email soon.

Lummieh

I have mailed out my nickels to the following:

SeaBeckTribe

SirGerald

Racer2814

BomberJohn

Moozer

Rallen539

Slowdown Racer

Silver

I still have some left, if others want to trade. Although, if you e-mail me in the next few days, I may not be as quick to respond. A family emergency has come up and I will be gone some days this week. I will get out trades as fast as I can though. Thanks to those that have contacted me so far!

I have mailed out my nickels to the following:

SeaBeckTribe

SirGerald

Racer2814

BomberJohn

Moozer

Rallen539

Slowdown Racer

Silver

I still have some left, if others want to trade. Although, if you e-mail me in the next few days, I may not be as quick to respond. A family emergency has come up and I will be gone some days this week. I will get out trades as fast as I can though. Thanks to those that have contacted me so far!

Email sent for a trade!

:)

Thanks to everyone who has traded with me so far, I sent over 20 nickels out in the first week or so and I have gotten three back for extra postage due to uneven packages (the same as the other 17 I sent at the same time...) So if you haven't gotten mine yet please be patient as I am sending them back out straight away!

Thanks Queens Borrowers I got your sig item. Yours will be going out in the mail as soon as I can get to the post office safely. I hope tomorrow. I also am starting wooden nickels this weekend and also my new sig item for special trades only.

edit to say: Happy V-Day All

Edited by GeoSmurfz

I'm new to geocaching and can't afford to have coins made up at this time, but wanted to have something to leave at a cache other than the usual things you read about. I have "generic" wooden nickels, indian head on one side, blank on the other. I have stamped them with my name & a request for an email if found. I plan on numbering them as I'd like to see where they end up. Is there a way or site to track something like this? I know you can track geocoins but haven't been able to find anything on the geocaching site or forums on this or if it's even possible or acceptable.

Thanks in advance,

SteveF099

I posted the same request under the geocoin forum but realized after I placed my post that this was probably the better place for it. Sorry for the inconvenience. Thanks again. :laughing:

I'm new to geocaching and can't afford to have coins made up at this time, but wanted to have something to leave at a cache other than the usual things you read about. I have "generic" wooden nickels, indian head on one side, blank on the other. I have stamped them with my name & a request for an email if found. I plan on numbering them as I'd like to see where they end up. Is there a way or site to track something like this? I know you can track geocoins but haven't been able to find anything on the geocaching site or forums on this or if it's even possible or acceptable.

Thanks in advance,

SteveF099

I posted the same request under the geocoin forum but realized after I placed my post that this was probably the better place for it. Sorry for the inconvenience. Thanks again. :laughing:

WELCOME STEVE!

Hi Everyone,

Have been out of town the last few days then went and dropped 15,000 lbs. on my foot so had to have surgery.

Was sure nice to get all the mail when I got home... know I am missing a few but here are some I received:

Fox & The Hound

Tasia

Team Silver

GeoSquid

QueensBorrowers

Bobuk

Eagle-2

Vegas Gambler

Sliver & Lucy

Thanks to everyone, our collection is looking very wonderful and wonderfully unique!!

Thanks in advance,

SteveF099

I posted the same request under the geocoin forum but realized after I placed my post that this was probably the better place for it. Sorry for the inconvenience. Thanks again. :D

First of all, WELCOME to the world of geocaching.

I'll send you an email with a request for a trade for one of your nickels and my address.

As for your question about tracking wooden nickels: I would have to warn you that you may not get the results you expect. Even if some of your nickels DO move from cache to cache, I doubt that you'll get many emails letting you know that. I would suggest that you just start keeping a spreadsheet with the information you DO receive from those folks kind enough and organized enough to send you the email you're requesting. If the information you get warrants it, then by all means look for a way to track them.

Thanks ~tasia~ for the great wooden nickels!

:D

Sorry it took so long!!! It went on the back burner when I was planning for the wedding in November, but I looked up all the requests I had, and got them in the mail on Monday and Tuesday.

Now to start making the batch for GW5! :D:D

I hope one of those you sent was mine. I've been waiting since September and had given up hope of ever seeing it.

EDIT: When I got home from work, I found it in the mail. THANKS.

Edited by SirGerald

Hi all you Wooden Nickel traders!

I've got TWO NEW designs for my wooden nickels if anyone would like to trade for them. I'm making them myself with blank nickels and custom rubber stamps.

Here are pics of them:

SirGerald-LadyLeAnn-CachingTogether.jpg

SirGerald-LadyLeAnn-ProudMembers.jpg

I'm mostly interested in trading for any extra wooden nickels or poker chips you might have of other cachers in your area. You know, any wooden nickels I don't already have. My signature includes a link to my wooden nickel collection and trading list.

Send me an email (preferred over PMs) via my profile if you have something I might be interested in. Even if you don't have something new to me, I still might trade just for an extra one of yours.

I'm mostly interested in trading for any extra wooden nickels or poker chips you might have of other cachers in your area. You know, any wooden nickels I don't already have. My signature includes a link to my wooden nickel collection and trading list.

That list you have is cool. Is there a way to get a list like that for myself????

Speaking of trades, if there is anyone who hasn't received my wooden nickel that I made a trade with, please let me know, so I can send another one out. I have about 5 left and I'm not making any more of these. I only went up to 50 instead of the 100 I had originally intended. Anyone else interested in one, let me know, I'll mail out the 5 I have left.

Tsun :D

That list you have is cool. Is there a way to get a list like that for myself????

Sure! Anyone can use that site for their collection/trading lists. The description at the top of This Page will tell you how.

--SirGerald

Speaking of trades, if there is anyone who hasn't received my wooden nickel that I made a trade with, please let me know, so I can send another one out. I have about 5 left and I'm not making any more of these. I only went up to 50 instead of the 100 I had originally intended. Anyone else interested in one, let me know, I'll mail out the 5 I have left.

Tsun :lol:

You've got mail ;)

Hey everyone!!

Im new to caching but am really enjoying it.I didnt want to spend big bucks on getting my own coins made so i made some wooden Nickels.I was really happy to see that other cachers are trading nickels and i was wondering if anyone was interested in trading with me? i have made a bunch to commerate my 50th Find.

Anyone want to trade?

ill try to upload an image of the Coin soon

thanks!!

Hey everyone!!

Im new to caching but am really enjoying it.I didnt want to spend big bucks on getting my own coins made so i made some wooden Nickels.I was really happy to see that other cachers are trading nickels and i was wondering if anyone was interested in trading with me? i have made a bunch to commerate my 50th Find.

Anyone want to trade?

ill try to upload an image of the Coin soon

thanks!!

Cytron, you have mail :huh:

Anyone else up for trading?

So far i have confirmed trades with:

-Slowdown Racer

-CrossRoads Nomads

-Shootie

-Islanders 1988

-The Collector

-Racer 2814

-Silver and Lucy

If your name is not on this list or i havent emailed you back, please email me so i can correct it.

Thanks to everyone who has mailed me so far and i hope to hear from anyone else who wants to trade.

Hello wooden nickel traders. I have finished work on a new wooden nickel. It started out as a batch of 9 and went down to 8 due to the end stage was ruff on 1 of them. These ones took me 9 hours to work on. I have one person that I am going to send it to for a trade already set up. If I knew how to post a pic on here I would. Maybe if someone can help me out with that would be cool. I am going to have fun with this one since it took so much time to make. I will not be setting up trades for these but maybe give aways or contest like for geocoins if it sounds cool. Well let me know what you think. GeoSmurfz

Hello wooden nickel traders. I have finished work on a new wooden nickel. It started out as a batch of 9 and went down to 8 due to the end stage was ruff on 1 of them. These ones took me 9 hours to work on. I have one person that I am going to send it to for a trade already set up. If I knew how to post a pic on here I would. Maybe if someone can help me out with that would be cool. I am going to have fun with this one since it took so much time to make. I will not be setting up trades for these but maybe give aways or contest like for geocoins if it sounds cool. Well let me know what you think. GeoSmurfz

Contests are always cool.

I use photobucket.com to post pictures here.

E-mail me if you have more photo questions.

I just got a new camera so Im willing to do photos for you Ill get better one then before and get you new one for the last ones you sent.

TheCollector

smurfcoin2.jpg

Ok here is my new coin. It is a Holographic Coin. It took some time to do. Thanks to Silver & Lucy, and to Slowdownracer for the tip about photobucket. Thanks to TheCollector for the offer to help. I have had my computer upgraded to Windows XP and now my scanner works to save stuff on my computer.

Edited by GeoSmurfz