Wooden Nickel Trading

Ladycacher

It's been a LOOOONNNGGGG Time since I've been in these Wooden Nickel trading forums. I know there are some new faces since I've last been active, so I would like to resurrect this thread and see if there are any folks out there that would like a copy or two of my "Boots..." handcrafted wooden nickel. I'e got about 20-30 made at the moment, but I'd like to get back into making them again. I think it's been a few years!

I believe that you can view an image of my coins at http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii267/Boots_treadlightly/Geocaching_Sig_Items/BootsSig4.jpg

Also, if you are interested, I've photographed most of the nickels that I've received over the years. If you'd like to see my inventory, check it out HERE: http://s266.photobucket.com/albums/ii267/Boots_treadlightly/Geocaching_Sig_Items/

Note that this inventory hasn't been updated in a couple of years. I've probably got over 200 nickels and poker chips in my collection now... probably another 10-15 pathtags, and a handful of coins as well.

It's been a LOOOONNNGGGG Time since I've been in these Wooden Nickel trading forums. I know there are some new faces since I've last been active, so I would like to resurrect this thread and see if there are any folks out there that would like a copy or two of my "Boots..." handcrafted wooden nickel. I'e got about 20-30 made at the moment, but I'd like to get back into making them again. I think it's been a few years!

I believe that you can view an image of my coins at http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii267/Boots_treadlightly/Geocaching_Sig_Items/BootsSig4.jpg

Also, if you are interested, I've photographed most of the nickels that I've received over the years. If you'd like to see my inventory, check it out HERE: http://s266.photobucket.com/albums/ii267/Boots_treadlightly/Geocaching_Sig_Items/

Note that this inventory hasn't been updated in a couple of years. I've probably got over 200 nickels and poker chips in my collection now... probably another 10-15 pathtags, and a handful of coins as well.

e-mail me your adress and i'll send you wooden nickels for myheine and 2themaxx

ILYK

Dr. Neal, I think I have one of yours titled "Out caching with the boys" and another "Out Caching with my Heine" or something similar. If you have other nickels, I'd be happy to trade! Do you not have one or two of mine already?

got yours, but no problem...doesn't sound like you have geocaching 2themaxx wooden nickel yet

ILYK

Hello,

Just discovered this thread... I have signature wooden nickels (see profile pic/avatar). It's not much, but if any of you collectors are interested, please let me know.

Hello again,

Lost track of this thread for a while. So if anyone is interested in trading, please contact me directly. My name was formerly "Umreeh" so the coin won't say "Thavia".

Thank you.

33 minutes ago, 57chevy said:

Are wooden nickles still being used? Nice weather soon and was going to make a new batch. Just curious. 

I laser quite a few for different purposes. Anytime a cache is big enough for swag I put in at least one with my handle, city, county, and state. Church cache I'll put a cross on one side. Just for fun I make some that say "FREE" on one side and "Get out of jail" on the other. Or "Heads - I win" with "Tails - you lose." When in doubt I'll take a few and pass them out and get some reactions same as I do with everything else. Cashiers love to see them.

Wooden nickels are an oddball but nice little novelty item.

(Tried to upload picture but it says there is a problem.)

• Upvote 1