Wooden Nickel Trading

Ladycacher

I got yours as well!! :ph34r: THANKS for the trade!! Sorry, I was slow to let you know. I'm on nightshift now and trying to learn to adjust. :(

Package received from snigit yesterday, Thanks for the trade! Let us know when yours arrives.

Salvation from page ?????????????

My browser only shows 5 pages, and this thread has been inactive for a while.

Anybody still trade wooden nickels? Or have we all gone to the "coin" side?

BIG-TIME BUMP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Im still alive! Summer landed on me and between being the busy season at work, and some unrelated health issues this spring/summer, I've not been doing much caching or nickel trading. I need to make a new batch, but since nobody was trading, I wasn't in a big hurry...

Salvation from page ?????????????

My browser only shows 5 pages, and this thread has been inactive for a while.

Anybody still trade wooden nickels? Or have we all gone to the "coin" side?

BIG-TIME BUMP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Im still alive! Summer landed on me and between being the busy season at work, and some unrelated health issues this spring/summer, I've not been doing much caching or nickel trading. I need to make a new batch, but since nobody was trading, I wasn't in a big hurry...

We have also been real busy, along with some medical issues too! But we are still interested in any and all trades!

Wow! The thread is back!!! I was searching for it, but I couldn't find it!!!

I thought it was closed!!!

I wish I had nickels to trade! anyway... I might have something interesting to post!

Czech geocachers, and some from Slovakia... I think, are making wooden nickels, but quite thick, with their symbol, and you can make a great collection by collecting them! you can have all geocachers, and some event nickel too!

They do not call them nickels, but Czech wood geocoins! On the one side there is the stamp symbol of the cacher, and on the other there is the geocaching seal! These coins are not trackable of course!

If you search in the net, under Czech wood geocoins, I am sure you will easily find the page of the coins were all are shown!!! It is quite interesting!!!

They did a great job with the site! I wish there was something similar for the nickels too!!!

I found one today! It was in a small zip bag, with a paper saying the cachers name and that this is a personal signature item!

I will post photos as soon as I will scan the coin! :P

That will take me.... less than 5 minutes!!! :)

Greetings Gatoulis, my Greek geocaching friend on the island of Rhodes!

I have one of those Czech wooden geocoins from a geocacher named "Ponik and Team". I even saved the envelope it was sent in, the postage stamp and postmark are treasures too!

They are smaller diameter than our American wooden nickels, but yes they are quick a bit thicker.

:P

Hello my friend!!! :)

Yes! They are a little smaller but thick!

They are quite impressive!!!

:D Your Czech nickel is fantastic!!!! Beautiful design!!! :D I saw it in their site!

At first, when I saw wooden geocoin, I thought that it is trackable and I have to log it somewhere! It doesn't have any number, but I am still searching for it! :P

Hello my friend!!! :)

Yes! They are a little smaller but thick!

They are quite impressive!!!

:D Your Czech nickel is fantastic!!!! Beautiful design!!! :D I saw it in their site!

At first, when I saw wooden geocoin, I thought that it is trackable and I have to log it somewhere! It doesn't have any number, but I am still searching for it! :P

Interesting. I haven't seen these before, but I did a google search and, after a little searching, came across THIS link. Cool stuff. Thanks for bringing it to our attention!

I'm holding a Geocaching Art Exhibition, showing the creativity used in Geocaching. The event, 'The Art of Geocaching' (http://coord.info/GC1X98A) will have a Wooden Nickel display, so I am on the lookout for wooden nickels as exhibits.

So would anyone like to trade their wooden nickel for an event wooden nickel?

5188d97a-7e16-4c42-9ece-ba3d4d18186a.jpgSide 1

0ef9ca8b-cc22-4d2f-9564-91fe9a3d792a.jpgSide 2

Each nickel is uniquely numbered. I will also send contributors a comment book.

I'm holding a Geocaching Art Exhibition, showing the creativity used in Geocaching. The event, 'The Art of Geocaching' (http://coord.info/GC1X98A) will have a Wooden Nickel display, so I am on the lookout for wooden nickels as exhibits.

So would anyone like to trade their wooden nickel for an event wooden nickel?

5188d97a-7e16-4c42-9ece-ba3d4d18186a.jpgSide 1

0ef9ca8b-cc22-4d2f-9564-91fe9a3d792a.jpgSide 2

Each nickel is uniquely numbered. I will also send contributors a comment book.

ooh ooh ME FIRST!!! I need to check my supply, and I may have to make some up, but it's long overdue anyway. I will check on it and get back to you ASAP.

If anybody is interested in just collecting sig items other than coins we could post here. I have traded quite a few of my wooden nickels for other sig items, and thought maybe it should have it's own thread. This way it doesn't clutter the geocoins.

I have wooden nickels left if anybody would like to trade, also my kids will be getting their own soon.

Wooden Nickel

cool

If you still need more, I finished another batch today and would be willing to send you a couple. If you're interested, e-mail me and let me know where to send them. :anibad:

If you still need more, I finished another batch today and would be willing to send you a couple. If you're interested, e-mail me and let me know where to send them. :)

SarahBelle, I got your nickel in the mail a day or two ago! Beautiful. nicely done. I always appreciate the hand-drawn art, as I certainly can't do that stuff myself.

I am sorry that it took me so long to get one out to you. I dropped it in the mail two days back, so hopefully you will get it in the mail soon.

Kaboomcult, I found a few nickels that I still have but had forgotten about. If you are still interested, I'd love to trade. I will send you a note.

I have 3 "Out Cachin With The Boyz" wooden nickels left. As Logan died a month ago, there will be no more made. Anyone interested in a trade please PM me. If more than 3 are interested, the coins will be traded to the first 3 to respond.

scannew-1.jpg

ILYK

So sorry to hear of your loss! As a fellow pet owner, I know how big a part of the family those little ones can become. Hope you and your's are coping well. Know that we are thinking about you.

Hey Boots, just wanted to let you know your nickel arrived safely a few days ago. I have been totally engrossed at work this week and apologize for not contacting you sooner to tell you it was here. I loved both the nickel and the little note it was wrapped with... very creative. Thanks again.

Edited by sarahbelle

Thanks to...

drneal: I have recieved your wooden nickel in the post and will be displaying it in the exhibition http://coord.info/GC1X98A.

slowdownracer: Your wooden nickels have arrived in the mail. Don't worry you will recieve some photos of visitors at your exhibit, comments, and my event wooden nickel.

I'm still on the lookout for wooden nickels for the exhibition. I still haven't had delivery of my own nickels, but as soon as I do I will be mailing them out.

Thanks to...

drneal: I have recieved your wooden nickel in the post and will be displaying it in the exhibition http://coord.info/GC1X98A.

slowdownracer: Your wooden nickels have arrived in the mail. Don't worry you will recieve some photos of visitors at your exhibit, comments, and my event wooden nickel.

I'm still on the lookout for wooden nickels for the exhibition. I still haven't had delivery of my own nickels, but as soon as I do I will be mailing them out.

Tavis, I would love to get in on that too, if you are still looking for nickels. Let me know. I am hoping to make a few from my new design, fairly soon.