Wooden Nickel Trading

Ladycacher

Hey, I will be happy to take the blame for starting all the ruckus. It's good to be busy!

I got packages in the mail today from Bergie Bunch and The Weasel. nice nickels. Good work from these guys. Thanks for the trade!

I will work to upload them to my photobucket ASAP. Got caching to do tonight though.

:wub: Geuss What?!?! :wub:

I got Softball29's nickel in the mail today!!!

:laughing: And it was in 1 piece!!! :laughing:

Very Nice!

Whew! :o

Sounds like most are arriving in one piece. I am putting out a standing offer, too, if one comes broken, please let me know and I'll replace if wanted (I have to order new ones soon though). Thankfully, it sounds like a little drop of glue works.

I've had a couple come broken, too, so it doesn't seem to be those thin ones of mine. A couple have been thicker. Seems a shame. I'm debating other ways to send mine out. I'm thinking of buying a bulk load on eBay of the small envelopes, but I have to figure out what size is the small one.

Also, I got Weasel's coin today. Very cool. Thanks for that trade!

Bergie Bunch, my nickels were broken????!!!

If so I'd be very surprised. Have you ever tried to break one of these wooden nickels? It takes some force.

I've never had anyone tell me that my nickels arrived broken before.

Let me know if they were broken and I'll send you new ones.

Received nickel from softball29 (no damage this time, thanks again for the replacement, greatly appreciated) we also received personal poker chips from the ziggy crew very nice all of them. I have packages ready for DJJRock, The Weasel, and Bergie Bunch. These packages will go out on Friday. I have two packages I sent and waiting to hear if they have arrived, hope they did. Thanks for all the new trades lately much appreciated! Have a great evening.

If so I'd be very surprised. Have you ever tried to break one of these wooden nickels? It takes some force.

Yeah, your smiley coin was split in half, and one of the weasels was broken too. No biggie...I got wood glue and they will be fine.

Yeah, your smiley coin was split in half, and one of the weasels was broken too. No biggie...I got wood glue and they will be fine.

Sorry about that. I can't imagine how the PO broke that nickel.

I'll drop a couple more in the mail for you.

Just a line:

I know Frank-N-Beck and Shootie sent a request for a trade (and :D I am out of personals right now) but I do have the ASPGB nickels. I'll be sending them out when I get addresses and such.

Was there someone else who emailed me and didn't get a response? Life has been out of kilter for me and I need a nudge.

:cry:

I got one from Frank n Beck the other day, Ziggy's yesterday and Shootie's today. Thanks all for the trades. Very cool.

I have to look at the list. Think I'm still waiting on some. I like getting them slowly. Always makes going to the mailbox fun! :rolleyes:

Hope everyone who is supposed to has received mine and hopefully safely, too!

I got a bunch of ASPGB wooden nickels from our Event Committee President.

If you are up for one, PM me and say that. If you would be willing to put them out in caches for us, tell me that, too.

Hello my friend! these nickels are the ones you sended me withthe bear...right? :angry:

:D Just asking!!! :D

I got a bunch of ASPGB wooden nickels from our Event Committee President.

If you are up for one, PM me and say that. If you would be willing to put them out in caches for us, tell me that, too.

Hello my friend! these nickels are the ones you sended me withthe bear...right? :(

:huh: Just asking!!! :D

Yes, those are the ones!! :P<_<

Hey there DJ.J.ROCK, your wooden nickel is in the mailbox waiting for pick-up. So...It should get to you soon. :wacko::blink:

The Weasel, let me know when you get yours. Like I said it went out on the 20th so it should be there in a couple days!! Thanks again for the trade and sorry I am a little slow at getting it out to you. :yikes:

Frank n beck got your card and chip, very cool we have some others cards too,again at least in not the only one that keeps those, thank you!

Slowdown racer got your nickle and poker chip and think every one here has great ideas,for those,thank you!

I will be sending out some sig items in a short while to all of you! And I will post some pics when I get my board made, thank you all for being so nice, and will return the favor if and when I get some made. Jay

ALSO TODAY, I RECIEVED AN AWSOME BLACK DRAGON PERSONAL FROM 57 CHEVY,HIS WOOD CHIP,AND HIS KEY CHAIN,AND I GOT 2 NICKLES FROM DARDEVLE--LOOKS LIKE BETWEEN THE BOARD TO PUT THESE ALL IN AND THE SIGS IM MAKING ,,I GOT MY WORK CUT OUT FOR ME!!! THANK YOU ALL,FOR THE SUPER COOL NICKLES AND SIG ITEMS,, ITS BEEN A FUN MAIL WEEK!! :D

P.S. A SHORT WAIT FOR THE SIGS ALL,, I WILL GET THEM COMPLETE THIS NEXT WEEK :D

Edited by DJ.J.ROCK

Where does everyone buy their wooden nickels or poker chips? Or even the labels to put on chips or nickels? It looks like poker chips wouldn't be too expensive if you put the labels on yourself. I am interested in buying 500 or 1000. Plenty to trade and leave behind.

Edited by jeepcacher

I buy my wooden nickels at Michaels when they have them and I buy clear return address sheets at Staples. I printed out my circles to fit my nickels the way I want, print them, cut them out and if I can find the can I do a quick spray of matte sealer to hopefully avoid the ink running if a tiny sprinkle of water gets on them. I do put then in mini ziplocks which I also purchase at Michael's crafts.