Wooden Nickel Trading

Ladycacher

I have just gone through this thread (yeah, that was a fast process... haha) and I love it. As someone who is really getting into collecting signature items -- especially wood coins and such (I usually pass on the paper things as they wrinkle too easily and such), I thought I'd throw my wood coin up here to see if anyone would like to trade with me. I used to have buttons, too, but alas I'm out of them and not sure when/if I'll restock.

Here's my wood coin, however:

2601472140_6ffc30f5b4.jpg

Drop me a PM or e-mail through the caching website if you are interested in trading! I'll be peeking back through the thread soon, too, in hopes of finding some I hope to trade with!

I have also gone back through a bunch of the thread and have sent many e-mails. Hope there's some trades out there!

Edited by softball29

Hmm.. I didn't post here for the letter I received from ATMouse??

Inside there were some beautiful wooden nickels!!! WOW!!!! they are so pretty!!!!! Thank you so much my dear friend!!!!! I do not have many nickels, (I had only 5), so you helped my super tiny collection a lot!!!! :rolleyes:

Merry Christmass to all!!!!!

Hmm.. I didn't post here for the letter I received from ATMouse??

Inside there were some beautiful wooden nickels!!! WOW!!!! they are so pretty!!!!! Thank you so much my dear friend!!!!! I do not have many nickels, (I had only 5), so you helped my super tiny collection a lot!!!! :D

Merry Christmass to all!!!!!

I always like knowing my packages arrived. Glad you liked them. There are glow-in-the dark features on one and blacklight-activated features on another.

I received a softball nickel in the mail.. pretty cool, it was broken but a dab of glue and it's good as new. Thanks again. ~ 57

Well, I'll be re-thinking my packaging for sure. Let me send out a new one to you. I hate having broken ones arrive!

No need... just a drop of glue and it's good as new. :D Thanks anyways. Very cool design.

My first week of trading has been pretty wild. The ones I've received include:

- Wolf Pack

- 3 Doxies

- Slowdownracer

- ATMouse (for those that haven't traded with ATMouse -- wow. Homemade and incredible!)

- The Dreamcachers

- 57 chevy

- Mustcache

- Dardevle

- Welch

I have a few more I'll be sending out in the next couple of days and am still expecting some others, so hopefully will be able to post more here soon.

Thanks for everyone for the trades. All the coins are awesome!! Now I just need to find a good way to display all of these signature items!

My first week of trading has been pretty wild. The ones I've received include:

- Wolf Pack

- 3 Doxies

- Slowdownracer

- ATMouse (for those that haven't traded with ATMouse -- wow. Homemade and incredible!)

- The Dreamcachers

- 57 chevy

- Mustcache

- Dardevle

- Welch

I have a few more I'll be sending out in the next couple of days and am still expecting some others, so hopefully will be able to post more here soon.

Thanks for everyone for the trades. All the coins are awesome!! Now I just need to find a good way to display all of these signature items!

Welcome to wooden nickel trading. Some of the nicest people hand-out in this thread. (editted to say hang-out, but it's appropriate so I left it.)

And I see alot of those old familiar names in your list. Glad to see they are all still trading.

If any of you are trading anything new and don't have my latest nickels or chips as seen in post #1148 of this thread, drop me a line thru my profile e-mail address.

Thanks for getting things started again around here Boots............... It gets way too quiet here sometimes.

:ph34r:

Edited by slowdownracer

The Bergie Bunch is interested in trading also. We have custom poker chips.

If anyone has a list of active traders, it would be appreciated. Greg

hey Bergie bunch... thanks for mail ........i make my own sigs from wood..one side special for everybody.

But...........i most made them.............busy busy busy :lol:

So i love to trade but give me time to make them.

Softball29..i am also thinking at you :)

Thank for your patience.

I will e-mail you when i have made some sigs :)

Hey folks, got treasures in the mail today. 57 chevy and boots, thanks for the great nickles. Great addition to our treasure collection. 2 poker chips went out to wolfpack, boots, grnxnham, slowdownracer, shootie, crosschk, 57chevy and princesstiki. Looking forward to more treasures soon. Anyone who wants to trade, please PM. We send one personal coin and 1 team coin.

Edited by Bergie Bunch

Here is mine if anybody is interested in trading!!!

e-mail me at weaselts1@msn.com

64070_1600.jpg

Just a bump to see if there are any more people intrested in trading!! I think I have responded to everybody who sent me an e-mail. If I didn't, just send me another e-mail and I will get ya taken care of :unsure:

I have sent packages today out to the following:

Moose-r-us, Shootie, The Weasel, Bergie Bunch, Ziggy Crew, n8turgrl, 3bunts, GrnXnham, 3MonkeysSafari, Frank n Beck and Boots.

Hope these all arrive well and I look forward to any others coming my way.

Thanks to everyone for the trades! This is a blast. Time to order more!

EDIT: I just counted and only have 17 of mine left after today's packages, so I'm done on the trading front until I can get a new shipment. I e-mailed who I do mine through today with some slight changes I want to do, so hopefully I can get more soon and get back on the trading front!

Edited by softball29

IVE SEEN THIS THREAD,, NEVER VENTURED IN,,YOU REALLY TRADE THE WOODEN NICKLES? IVE ALLWAYS FOUND ALL ARES IN THE CACHES. HUMM??

Hey DJ.J.ROCK -

Send me your address thru my profile e-mail and I'll send you one. :yikes:

Anyone else? :(

Ditto, I'll shoot ya one if you'd like also.

OK, VERY COOL I DID NOT KNOW MANY COLLECTED THE WOODEN NICKLES I JUST THOUGHT I WAS WEIRD, THO I HAVENT MADE ONE OF MY OWN YET,,,WE MAKE PERSONALS FOR THE CACHES ...ILL SEND YA ALL AN E-MAIL TONIGHT AFTER WORK,,,THANK YOU !!

IVE SEEN THIS THREAD,, NEVER VENTURED IN,,YOU REALLY TRADE THE WOODEN NICKLES? IVE ALLWAYS FOUND ALL ARES IN THE CACHES. HUMM??

Hey DJ.J.ROCK -

Send me your address thru my profile e-mail and I'll send you one. :yikes:

Ditto, I'll shoot ya one if you'd like also.

OK, VERY COOL I DID NOT KNOW MANY COLLECTED THE WOODEN NICKLES I JUST THOUGHT I WAS WEIRD, THO I HAVENT MADE ONE OF MY OWN YET,,,WE MAKE PERSONALS FOR THE CACHES ...ILL SEND YA ALL AN E-MAIL TONIGHT AFTER WORK,,,THANK YOU !!

What the heck. I'll jump on the wagon. Send me your address and I'll get on out to you also. :(

Edited by dardevle

Hey DJ.J.ROCK -

Send me your address thru my profile e-mail and I'll send you one. :(

Really, I was asking if anyone else would like me to send them a wooden nickel, not necessarily who else could send one to DJ.J.ROCK. But I'm sure he doesn't mind!

:yikes:

I design all my nickels in Photoshop, then use a rotary cutter to trim them to 1.4 inches. I glue them to the wooden nickels with a careful application of Tacky Glue (squirt a dollow on one, then press another nickel against it, squeezed tightly to apply a smooth layer of glue to each nickel). Once all of the A-side graphics are glue on, I lay them all out on a large sheet of cardboard and apply a coating of spray polyeurethane to prevent the inks from bleeding. Then I glue the B-side graphics, and spray that side. Once all the faces are on and sprayed, then I use a paintbrush and a high-gloss varnish. I put 3-4 coats of varnish on each side. If I do 30 or more nickels at a time, it works out pretty well that by the time I get a coat of varnish on the last nickel, the first ones have dried, and I can immediately start a second coat. It usually takes about 15-20 minutes for a coat of varnish to dry. If I am "in the zone" I can finish off all the glueing (both sides), all the spraying (both sides) and all of the varnish (one side) for about 50-60 nickels in one night. Then I do the B-side varnish, 3-4 coats, on the second night. Once they are dry, I slip each nickel into its own 1.75x2.5" poly bag.

Thats my process anyway. There are easier, faster and cheaper ways to do them. It's all a matter of preference.

I have a question for those who make their own wood nickels...

How do you do it. As it is now, I have them made. But I'd be interested in doing my own if it could be cheaper or if I could "change" things every now and then.

I'll be sending you an e-mail.

But,

Today I received Ziggy Crew poker chips in the mail. WAHOO !

Got packages today from Softball and Ziggy Crew. Nice work, guys!

Softball, just an FYI, your nickel arrived here broken at the seam. I, too, took the approach of a dab of glue and it will be fine. It seems that the seams line up on each of the sides. leaving a very thin piece of wood holding the coin together. You might want to re-think how you package them. I think your packaging would be just fine for most nickels, but your unique design requires a bit more protection. Not sure what to recommend. bubble wrap? not sure... titanium plating? lol!