Wooden Nickel Trading

Ladycacher

Hello wooden nickel traders. Its been a long time since I have Smurfed on here. Just got back into Geocaching and getting stuff ready to start Smurfing more sig items again. Also trying to think of some new ones for people to trade with. My girlfreind is now into Geocaching and made her first and only sig item. She is not sure about Smurfing more or not. I told her I would post a pic of it and see what people think of it. It is all done by hand and she didn't want to take the time and make them if no one Smurfed them. So if you can post or email me and let me know what you think of it. That way she can make more or not. Thanks for your time fellow cachers. Greg "GeoSmurfz"

GSLtoken.jpg

Very nicely done!!! Would love to trade if and when you make some more!!

Sent emails to Midnight Faerie, West Texas Condor and Lord Zogat last night. Hope to make trades soon!

Boots...

Got your email. Sent you my snail mail address in reply. I'll get a couple nickels in the mail on saturday.

Also sent notes to Dardevle and Lord Zogat

Edited by WestTxCondor

Hello everyone, my family and I were recently introduced to the wonderful world of geocaching and wooden nickels. We liked everyone’s nickels here on the forum so much that we were inspired to make our own and we are hoping that we can trade. I’m not sure how to get in touch with people but if you want to trade let me know.

woodennickel.jpg

Edited by Wolf * Pack

Those are cool Wolf*Pack. I'd be happy to trade with you. check your email. Also Boots, Daredevle your nickels will be going out on the mail monday. Wanted to get them out Saturday the 14th but didn't get a chance to get to the post office as planned.

Edited by WestTxCondor

Hello everyone, my family and I were recently introduced to the wonderful world of geocaching and wooden nickels. We liked everyone’s nickels here on the forum so much that we were inspired to make our own and we are hoping that we can trade. I’m not sure how to get in touch with people but if you want to trade let me know.

woodennickel.jpg

We'd love to trade also! Check your email.

Hey there WestTxCondor, I recieved your wooden nickels this week. I have been really busy these past few weeks. ( have'nt we all though) I will be getting yours out to you this weekend with something extra for the time it has taken me. Sorry again for being soooo slow.

-Dardevle-

I was though out fishing from my Kayak last saturday. I had 2 fishing poles with me tucked behind my seat. A small tackle box, a bottle of water and a stringer with me. I was only in about 2 ft of water when a looked down and there happened to be the BIGGEST snapping turtle I think I have ever seen. Especially that up close. Being in the kayak even made it a little scary because you sit so close to the water it kinda scares ya. Any way, I tapped its shell with my paddle and it did a slow 180 and swam off. I did end up catching 3 bass, 10-14 inches, and one sunfish. If only I had caught at least four of the sunnies I could have had a nice meal for the Family. It was about 11 inches long and pretty wide. I put it on the stringe and decided that I would not keep him because it was the only one that I caught. I really think he smiled before he swam off!

I will be leaving for NY on Sunday the 29th. Yes in just two well really one day now. If anyone would like me to take some Wooden nickles up there, let me know. We will be spending a lot of time Caching there. I just started Geocaching so I don't have my own yet. Please e-mail me at stoughtonr@gmail.com, we can either meet up or if not to far away I'll come pick them up....

Thanks a bunch. I live in Nolanville but will be traveling out to Rogers Sunday afternoon.

I'm looking for information on laser engraved wooden nickels. I want something cool to trade with you all! This seems to be the coolest swag of all! I'm curious as to the cost and where to order them. I appreciate any info!

Edited by willox96

Got a package from West Texas Condor, and sent two nickels back in reply. I am sorry that I haven't been online much, and I am afraid that I may have arranged trades that I haven't followed through on. If you are expecting nickels from me, please drop me a note as a gentle reminder.

Also, it looks like we have some new nickel traders. I have a bunch ready to go, so if I can ever get online to trade addresses, I'd be happy to trade with ALL of you!

Got nickels today from midnite faerie! Thanks for the trade.

:laughing:

Still got plenty more to trade, poker chips too.

Any more new traders?

are you trading for wooden nickels only?

rsg

Trading wooden nickels, poker chips, personalized embroidered patches, and still have some of our non-trackable geocoins.

:D

Hello, I am wondering if anyone wanted to trade for my signature item. Please post here / message me if you are interested. I love collecting signature items!

Thanks!

0708081833.jpg

Jen

PrincessTiki

P.S. A bit of info on my sig. item... My dog Tiki is how I got my GC name. She is a German Shepherd/Border Collie mix. She loves being my geodog.

Hello, I am wondering if anyone wanted to trade for my signature item. Please post here / message me if you are interested. I love collecting signature items!

Thanks!

0708081833.jpg

Jen

PrincessTiki

P.S. A bit of info on my sig. item... My dog Tiki is how I got my GC name. She is a German Shepherd/Border Collie mix. She loves being my geodog.

Email sent :ph34r:

Better get your posts in quick people. :ph34r:

According to TPTB: "Pathtags are not related to geocaching.com so we don't discuss them here. They are tracked and discussed elsewhere, (I guess). Thread closed." - Eartha

So apparently if your signature items aren't trackable on Groundspeak, they're not open to discussion. No, I realize PathTags aren't trackable either, but that doesn't seem to matter. :P

Better get your posts in quick people. :)

According to TPTB: "Pathtags are not related to geocaching.com so we don't discuss them here. They are tracked and discussed elsewhere, (I guess). Thread closed." - Eartha

So apparently if your signature items aren't trackable on Groundspeak, they're not open to discussion. No, I realize PathTags aren't trackable either, but that doesn't seem to matter. :sad:

Thank you for pointing out my typo. Must be due to a lack of sleep lately. Anyway, I fixed it. The Geocoin forums are for the discussion of GEOCOINS.

It now reads:

People are correct. Pathtags are not related to geocoins so we don't discuss them here. They are discussed elsewhere, (I guess).

Thread closed.

Edited to clarify. I typed "geocaching.com" instead of "geocoins", and have managed to cause an uproar. I apologize for the confusion.

Pathtags are not geocoin related, so they are not discussed here.

The reason this thread is still here is because it's so old. But if I am asked to move it out of this forum I will.

Better get your posts in quick people. :)

So apparently if your signature items aren't trackable on Groundspeak, they're not open to discussion. No, I realize PathTags aren't trackable either, but that doesn't seem to matter. :)

Thank you for pointing out my typo. Must be due to a lack of sleep lately. Anyway, I fixed it. The Geocoin forums are for the discussion of GEOCOINS.

It now reads:

People are correct. Pathtags are not related to geocoins so we don't discuss them here. They are discussed elsewhere, (I guess).

Thread closed.

Edited to clarify. I typed "geocaching.com" instead of "geocoins", and have managed to cause an uproar. I apologize for the confusion.

Pathtags are not geocoin related, so they are not discussed here.

The reason this thread is still here is because it's so old. But if I am asked to move it out of this forum I will.

Well thanks so much for the clarification. Just to make sure I understand... this thread, which is all about wooden nickels and sigs (some of which ARE TRACKABLE on other sites) is okay because it's been around for awhile. :sad: Is it just me or does something smell fishy here? :(

Ok I don't know where to ask this question if I start a new thread to ask it, it will get closed so here is my question....

Where in the name of god have you put the "Finally got all my Signature Tokens Painted" thread?

It says moved I click on it and theres an error page comes up

Did you move it out of the country? :):(:sad:

Hello all, I had to do some hunting for this thread as the title was changed along with the location after there was a contest for sig items that was merged. I am not sure how far back in the thread was reviewed as the post #644 was indicated that it was moved because it was in referance to "Homemade Geocoins" The thread use to be titled Tokins are cool. It would seem that this thread also from back in 05 should also been "grandfathered" and been able to stay here ? It never was about Homemade Geocoins until Scavok posted his homemade Geocoins in it that happen to be trackable on geocaching.com , it was always about Sig items.

So the question is could it be moved back ? Started in 05 about sig items and now has a new title that would indicate it is about Geocoins.

Use to be titled "Tokins Are Cool"

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=195885

Edited by glennk721

Greetings, I decided to place an order for some wooden nickels and just got them. I like how they came out and have a personal meaning to me, being a father of my caching buddy Drake, the exuberant 3 y/o that goes everywhere with me! This is my first attempt designing anything, not that I did it all except for the father/son side. If you want to trade, PM me

heads1px5.jpgtails1kw5.jpg

Edited by jbhodj & Drake

Greetings, I decided to place an order for some wooden nickels and just got them. I like how they came out and have a personal meaning to me, being a father of my caching buddy 3 y/o who goes everywhere with me. Nothing fancy, just personal

My order should be in in about 2 weeks, so I would love to trade!

Greetings, I decided to place an order for some wooden nickels and just got them. I like how they came out and have a personal meaning to me, being a father of my caching buddy Drake, the exuberant 3 y/o that goes everywhere with me! This is my first attempt designing anything, not that I did it all except for the father/son side. If you want to trade, PM me

Nice-looking wooden nickels.

E-mail sent for trade. :rolleyes:

Oh! Beautiful wooden nickel! I like the father & son design! :huh:

I wish I had something to trade, but...:huh:

I see that you covered something in your nickel! You have a tracking number? Like on the geocoins? Are your wooden nickels trackable?? In WWW.geocaching. com??? WOW!!! I haven't seen that before! Cool!!!! :o

I see that you covered something in your nickel! You have a tracking number? Like on the geocoins? Are your wooden nickels trackable?? In WWW.geocaching. com??? WOW!!! I haven't seen that before! Cool!!!! :o

My geo-nickels are numbered.

Edited by Eartha

My geo-nickels are numbered yes and there is a way that they can be logged and tracked, but not in the gc.com trackable items, but on a sight of their own so to speak. I have not set that up yet however.

WOW! By that way, you can see where your nickels are, wich country visited, who has one of your nickels.... that's excellent!!!!!!! :o

hmm nothing to trade? rumor has it that you have a secret agent coin? I would be will to trade for that, JK.

I wish I had something to trade, but...;)

I see that you covered something in your nickel! You have a tracking number? Like on the geocoins? Are your wooden nickels trackable?? In WWW.geocaching. com??? WOW!!! I haven't seen that before! Cool!!!! ;)

hmm nothing to trade? rumor has it that you have a secret agent coin? I would be will to trade for that, JK.

:huh::):D I am so sorry my friend but there is no way to give this coin!

If you come in Rhodes, Greece, you can discover it, but it will always stay with me! I love that coin! I wouldn't trade or sell it, not even with a million $! No kiding!

Even if I won this coin in a mission, I consider it as a gift from GSA! I was honored to have one! And as we use to say here in Greece, Honor has no price! :o The same thing goes if I win an otherone too! Even if I have the ownership in the site, GSA has the real ownership for ever! I do not know how to explain this better...I hope you understand! :o

This coin will always have a special place in my heart and in my collection! this coin guards my tiny collection too! :D

I know that you would like to have one too, like many other geocachers! You can try in GSA missions! He/she is making mision in his/hers thread! :D

Who knows...you may enter in the agent family too, by having one of his/hers beautiful coins!!!