Wooden Nickel Trading

Ladycacher

Got my nickels today from:

Dream Cachers (Pathtag too!): Yours is the very first Pathtag I've ever seen. It's such a cool idea! Thanks for sharing.

Moon Twig: Awesome design. I always appreciate the hand-crafted quality of a wooden nickel, and you've got a nice one. The moon/twig logo is clever, and comes out really nice on the round nickel format.

SlowDownRacer: Woo Hoo! A great nickel and a bonus Poker Chip too! Wish you'd have told me you were sending both, and I could have at least sent two of my nickels. Thanks for the generosity.

These are some really great designs. I have to apologize to Queensborrowers and VictorViking. I got your addresses, but I didnt make it to the Post Office today. Hope to be able to get there tomorrow, but it may end up being Monday. The big deadline at work is Monday... after that I can breathe again.

I sent out 10 nickels on Monday. Has anyone received mine yet? I hope things didn't get lost/damaged in the mail??

Boots...

Got my nickels today from:

Dream Cachers (Pathtag too!): Yours is the very first Pathtag I've ever seen. It's such a cool idea! Thanks for sharing.

Moon Twig: Awesome design. I always appreciate the hand-crafted quality of a wooden nickel, and you've got a nice one. The moon/twig logo is clever, and comes out really nice on the round nickel format.

SlowDownRacer: Woo Hoo! A great nickel and a bonus Poker Chip too! Wish you'd have told me you were sending both, and I could have at least sent two of my nickels. Thanks for the generosity.

These are some really great designs. I have to apologize to Queensborrowers and VictorViking. I got your addresses, but I didnt make it to the Post Office today. Hope to be able to get there tomorrow, but it may end up being Monday. The big deadline at work is Monday... after that I can breathe again.

I sent out 10 nickels on Monday. Has anyone received mine yet? I hope things didn't get lost/damaged in the mail??

Boots...

Thanks Boots for the trade, I liked your also! and thanks for the nice words! I have a second group that are same design but came out nicer! Moontwig

Edited by moontwig

Heya! I see there are a few new traders (or returning traders) If anyone is interested in trading for my wooden nickel or poker chip just shoot me an email and i'll be glad to trade with ya. Sorry i'm all out of triangle nickels...all I have is round ones. I wood burn each of them so no two are ever alike.

Northbound, I recieved your nickel safe and sound. Very nice.

CrossRoadNomads, Sorry, I have yet to get yours in the mail.

Our 2nd daughter is due in 10 days, 28th of January,

and my wife and I have been running ragged trying

to get things in order for her arrival, ok, I have been running she

has been taking it easy. :D I WILL get them in the

mail on Saturday for you!!!

-Dardevle-

Northbound, I recieved your nickel safe and sound. Very nice.

CrossRoadNomads, Sorry, I have yet to get yours in the mail.

Our 2nd daughter is due in 10 days, 28th of January,

and my wife and I have been running ragged trying

to get things in order for her arrival, ok, I have been running she

has been taking it easy. :) I WILL get them in the

mail on Saturday for you!!!

-Dardevle-

Congrats on the new addition. I hope she arrives on time because that is my birthday too. I'll be exactly 40 yrs older than her, lol. It is also my parents anniversary, I was born on their 7th anniversary. Keep calm and don't pass out in the delivery room if your planning to be there, lol.

Hey there CrossRoadNomads, I finally got your package out on Tuesday the 22nd.

I think we are ready for the baby now.

Nochipra,

It is a scheduled C-section for The 28th at 8:30 am.

Unless she goes early, and I doubt she will, my new daughter will

share this day with you. Happy Birthday in advance! :ph34r:

Havent' heard from Dardevle.... anyone know how the little one is doing?

Everyone is doing great. Baby Alexandra is up to 8 lbs as of today.

Sleep is not as much as it was but it is still worth it the second time

around.

Still have some nickels to trade if anyone is interested. Later this year I should

have a V.2 of my nickel.

Dardevle

Hey all... just wanted to post to let you all know that I have printed more nickles. A slight variation might make this a bit more interesting. I purchased a TB, and copied that tracking number onto the nickles. So, I now have lots of nickles, all bearing the same tracking number. If I have traded with you in the past, and you feel so inclined, you are invited to log a Discovered It on the nickle, using the tracking number 0cqfyb (thats a zero, not an Oh).

And Moose-R-Us, I did drop a pair if nickles in the mail for you, I think it was monday. Should be to you any time now.

Boots...

Just received Moose-r-us wooden nickels, very nice looking nickels guys. Put right in my collection. Let me know when you get yours, and thanks for the trade.

I also recently received nickels from Victor Viking and family also went right in collection, nice job also!!!!

And also a very nice set of Cross Roads Nomads, which also went right into collection.

Thanks for the trades!

I hope to have a wooden nickel wood burned done soon, but I guess that depends on how well I do, LOL. Im not very artistic, but we shall see.

Again thanks all!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Moose-R-Us and MrEdden Nickles came in last nights mail. Thanks for the trade!

I have updated my photo inventory of all my collected trade items. If anyone is interested, check this link. If I've traded for your coins, or if I have found one in an area cache, the pic is there.

Boots...

Your site is very nicely done Boots, how difficult is that to do? In any case nice job!!!!!

I have updated my photo inventory of all my collected trade items. If anyone is interested, check this link. If I've traded for your coins, or if I have found one in an area cache, the pic is there.

Boots...

Your site is very nicely done Boots, how difficult is that to do? In any case nice job!!!!!

The site was easy. Photobucket.com does the whole thing. The hard part (not "hard", but time consuming) is preparing the images. I photograph each coin, front and back, on a peice of matte board. The image that you see, however, is a composite. I rendered a background in Photoshop, using color and texture tools, then made the white bands on top and bottom. Once that is done, I saved it as a template, and then "select" the coins from the photograph, and drag them over to the template. Edit the information, and save the completed composite. It's not hard... it just takes a while. Photobucket is a nice site to work with for hosting images.

Boots...

The site was easy. Photobucket.com does the whole thing. The hard part (not "hard", but time consuming) is preparing the images. I photograph each coin, front and back, on a peice of matte board. The image that you see, however, is a composite. I rendered a background in Photoshop, using color and texture tools, then made the white bands on top and bottom. Once that is done, I saved it as a template, and then "select" the coins from the photograph, and drag them over to the template. Edit the information, and save the completed composite. It's not hard... it just takes a while. Photobucket is a nice site to work with for hosting images.

Cool, I'll have to check photobucket out. Thanks for the info.

I too still have wooden nickels for trade with anyone that doesn't already have one. Shoot me a pm with your address and i'll get one out to you. Mine are wood burned and no two are exactly alike. (it's nice to see others of you picking up on the wood burning. Its a neat little way to have your own personal item) :)

Well, i've been wanting to hold my first cointest and couldn't exactly figure out how or what reason to hold one. So...since I love trading wooden nickels and found this topic buried on page THREE...I figured I would bump the topic back to the top with a cointest. (Plus, I like the idea of having a random cointest in the middle of a topic rather than drawing attention to a new "cointest topic".)

So...the very next post AFTER this one (within the Wooden Nickel thread) will win a FTF v. 2 unactivated coin. I'll contact the winner for your address and get the coin in the mail to you tomorrow.

GOOD LUCK!!!

Oh....btw.....anyone out there wanna trade wooden nickels? LOL

WOW....its been almost 40 minutes and no takers.... American Idol must have everyone's attention. hehehe

Edited by n8turgrl

FINALLY!!!!! Congrats dardevle! I don't know what was more nerve racking....flipping between Big Brother and American Idol or refreshing the forums LOL I believe this has been the longest cointest running for the "next post" lol I was beginning to think no one was interested in wooden nickels!

FINALLY!!!!! Congrats dardevle! I don't know what was more nerve racking....flipping between Big Brother and American Idol or refreshing the forums LOL I believe this has been the longest cointest running for the "next post" lol I was beginning to think no one was interested in wooden nickels!

How sweeeeeet is this! Thank you for the cointest. This is the FIRST cointest that

I have won. That is sooooo cool. We are watching "Biggest loser" and tivo-ing

American idol. B)

Gotta trade them nickels. I just keep hoping more get into trading them.

Thanks again. That is very nice of you n8turgrl! :)B)

ad964a7c-dc84-4752-8024-0ead2b4c9c0a.jpg

I know a couple of you asked earlier for me to post a picture so here it is.

Today Alexandra is exactly 50 days old. And today I am exactly 34 yrs old.

So I thought I'd post a picture. This picture was taken last Wednesday.

Again, if I have not traded wooden nickels with you, and you wanna trade, shoot me a e-mail.

Edited by dardevle

ad964a7c-dc84-4752-8024-0ead2b4c9c0a.jpg

I know a couple of you asked earlier for me to post a picture so here it is.

Today Alexandra is exactly 50 days old. And today I am exactly 34 yrs old.

So I thought I'd post a picture. This picture was taken last Wednesday.

Again, if I have not traded wooden nickels with you, and you wanna trade, shoot me a e-mail.

wow Dardevle what a nice picture from you and Alexandra.

Congrats with your birthday, have a nice and happy day.

I will sing a dutch birthday song for you:

Lang zal je leven

Lang zal je leven

Lang zal je leven in de gloria

In de gloria in de gloria

Hiep hiep hiep HOERA

Enjoy your birthday and greetings to your family. :)