Wooden Nickel Trading

Ladycacher

woodennickels2.jpg

We just got our wooden nickels in today and I want to do some trading but I don't want to spend a lot on postage, how do you all trade yours? Do you just send them in regular envelopes with a regular stamp or do you put them in bubble envelopes? I have a few envelopes from coin trades and purchases but not a lot of people use regular stamps on their envelopes? I want to be able to just put them in our mail box instead of having to keep going to the post office. Any advice is appreciated.

We will be trading a good bunch of these for other sig items (preferably other nickels) or coins if you don't have your own sig item. Just pm us.

PM sent

Those look like they turned out nice!

We will be trading a good bunch of these for other sig items (preferably other nickels) or coins if you don't have your own sig item. Just pm us.

Hey Victorviking,

We would love to trade nickels with you but for some reason I can't get to your profile to pm you? Looks like the site is having some problems. I never got your pm either? Anyway you can email us at wheely5@hotmail.com. That goes for anyone else who wants to trade too:)

Nochipra

Our wooden nickels were sent out to slowdownracer on Friday the 19th and SirGerald over the weekend. Thanks guys! I look forward to seeing yours.

Yes, and I received the viktorviking wooden nickel, mini wooden nickel, and poker chip today!!!

Also received the Nochipra wooden nickel today.

All very nice, to all thank you very much! :laughing:

Thanks slowdownracer for the trade. I recieved package today, and may I add they look very nice. :)

I was a little busy this weekend so I finally got mine out in the mail for you today. Thanks again and yours should be there soooon.

Hey n8turgrl!!!!!

I believe I sent you my address to recieve a trade but I have not yet got yours.

Please send it out to me through my profile page address so I can get them out

to you. :)

Thanks

Dardevle

Thanks slowdownracer for the trade. I recieved package today, and may I add they look very nice. :)

I was a little busy this weekend so I finally got mine out in the mail for you today. Thanks again and yours should be there soooon.

Hey n8turgrl!!!!!

I believe I sent you my address to recieve a trade but I have not yet got yours.

Please send it out to me through my profile page address so I can get them out

to you. :)

Thanks

Dardevle

Yeah, slowdownracer has some cool trades. We got ours yesterday. I also sent n8turgrl a request for a trade and have not heard anything yet? Hope everything is ok.

Thanks for the kind words, dardevle and nichipra. After about 2 years of collecting nickels and chips, close to 200 by now, they are all "cool". Cheaper than coins, and a bit less shiny, but still all the values and sentiment for each geocacher who has one made or makes their own. Any day with a wooden nickel trade in my mailbox is a great day, another connection made to someone else, somewhere else in the world.

Keep them coming! Any more new traders? Anyone need help getting started, just e-mail me.

Hi! I sent you an email. I would love to trade.

Hey Victorviking,

We would love to trade nickels with you but for some reason I can't get to your profile to pm you? Looks like the site is having some problems. I never got your pm either? Anyway you can email us at wheely5@hotmail.com. That goes for anyone else who wants to trade too:)

Nochipra

OTazMan,

Yours went out in the mail yesterday. Thanks for trading!

Got Slowdownracers nickel and poker chip a couple of days ago. I agree with everyone else. They are really nice. Thanks so much for trading.

It's so nice to be able to trade on the internet. Very few people seem to make wooden nickels around here to leave in caches. I think we have found a total of 3 all summer.

If anyone else wants to trade, just send me an email.

If you don't mind my asking, where did you get the labels for your poker chips? The office stores around here only carry the 1 inch labels that are perforated down the middle. I have been making ours using sticker paper and my scrapbook circle punch. It would be so much easier to have 1 inch labels.

Anyone need help getting started, just e-mail me.

If you don't mind my asking, where did you get the labels for your poker chips? The office stores around here only carry the 1 inch labels that are perforated down the middle. I have been making ours using sticker paper and my scrapbook circle punch. It would be so much easier to have 1 inch labels.

Anyone need help getting started, just e-mail me.

I don't use store-bought stickers either. I'll e-mail you my instructions.

Hello geocachers. I am back after a few bad months in my life. I am getting on now with my life and trying to get back into geocaching. I am looking to trade for some sig items and start my collection back up. Just drop me an email if you would like to trade. Happy caching, GeoSmurfz

pm sent

Recieved another package from OTazMan today. Thanks for the trade. I really hope that the three

cachers I've recently traded with recieve there nickels from me!! You have a nice wooden nickel

OTazMan, I am lookin forward to seeing n8turgrls' nickel. Let me know when you recive mine!!

Thanks for the trades :)

-Dardevle-

Recieved another package from OTazMan today. Thanks for the trade. I really hope that the three

cachers I've recently traded with recieve there nickels from me!! You have a nice wooden nickel

OTazMan, I am lookin forward to seeing n8turgrls' nickel. Let me know when you recive mine!!

Thanks for the trades B)

-Dardevle-

Got it today. Very nice, dardevle. B)

I received some nice nickels from Otazman, SirGerald, and Nochipra. Thanks everyone! My little collection is slowly growing. Otazman and SirGerald, you should have received mine by now. Please let me know if you haven't.

Nochipra, I didn't have your address beforehand so your nickel went out in the mail today. Thanks so much!

I sent you an email. We have wooden nickels, poker chips to trade as well as our current sig item - trackable M&M guys keychains that the kids make from Perler Beads. We have 5 different designs of those.

Hello geocachers. I am back after a few bad months in my life. I am getting on now with my life and trying to get back into geocaching. I am looking to trade for some sig items and start my collection back up. Just drop me an email if you would like to trade. Happy caching, GeoSmurfz

Glad everyone likes the wooden nickels/poker chips. Thanks everyone for the trades!!!

If anyone wants to trade shoot me an email and i'll get a wooden nickel and/or poker chip out to ya!

Trades i've recently received:

nochipra

Dardevle

Lotho

skyfire97

sirgerald

otazman

shootie

57chevy

slowdownracer

The dream cachers

Thanks for the trades everyone!

woodennickels2.jpg

We just got our wooden nickels in today and I want to do some trading but I don't want to spend a lot on postage, how do you all trade yours? Do you just send them in regular envelopes with a regular stamp or do you put them in bubble envelopes? I have a few envelopes from coin trades and purchases but not a lot of people use regular stamps on their envelopes? I want to be able to just put them in our mail box instead of having to keep going to the post office. Any advice is appreciated.

So far we have wooden nickels or sig items from slowdownracer, n8turgrl, and OTazMan. Thanks for the trades:) Some of our nickels and sig cards were traded for coins but we only have around 15 left so if you would like a trade let us know:)

Edited by Nochipra

Hey GBOTS, I recieved your nickels today. VERY nice. The blue and red one is really :rolleyes: .

I have to apologize though. With getting ready for hunting I forgot about the trade we

set up. I am sorry that I have not yet sent you mine yet. I am packaging mine up

as soon as this is posted. They will be in the mail tommorow.

Thanks again for the trade! :D

-Dardevle-

I never even realized that there was a Wooden Nickel Trading Forum on here! I have been printing and producing my own sign nickels at my dining room table for a while now. It seems like it takes a lot of work the way I do it, but I really like how they turn out.

First, I came up with a design idea, then went out and shot the photography for the front side (I used photography from my trip out west for the back), and played with everything in Photoshop to make it look the way I wanted it to.

I print on glossy paper, but the ink tends to bleed if it gets wet, so I need to protect it. First, a spray on acrylic coating, then 3 coats of clear varnish. The finished product looks really nice. It's a lot more work than what I see from other nickels I find in caches dropped around here, but I am really proud of how mine stands out.

I tried making a few 3" nickels, but they didn't fare as well. Seems they are far more likely to find air pockets between the print and the wood. They also tend to end up kind of wrippled-looking.

I'd be really interested in trading with some folks from far away places (Im in NY state, USA). Write me a message if you are interested!

Boots...

ec54965e-b3c8-419e-aeac-0c568788d7f0.jpg

Click HERE for larger image:

Edited by Boots...

Ok folks, I am just finishing off a batch of coins with the 4th coat of varnish. I have emailed about 10 of you to see if you are still interested in trading, and I have already heard back from 3 of you. Hope to get some of these coins in the mail tommorow, and to hear from some more of you soon!

Thanks!

Boots...

Ok! I sent wooden nickels out today to the following cachers:

GBOTS

Nochipra

Slowdownracer

Dardevle

Dream Cachers

Frank n Beck

57 Chevy

OTazman (sent two)

N8turegrl

Let me know if you don't recieve them in a few days. I am in NY, so your proximity to that state may affect delivery time.

Looking forward to seeing your coins!

Boots...