Wooden Nickel Trading

Ladycacher

:P Wow, I haven't checked this thread in quite awhile, looks like there's a few more wooden nickel traders out there, I have my own stamped nickels for trade if anyone would be interested. Just shoot me an email through my profile. Gotta love the nickels. :P

I only have one trade I'm waiting to receive, so I thought I'd try to get something going here.

I have nickels and poker chips to trade.

Or, if you need help with how to make your own nickels or chips, I will send you a sample with instructions as to how I did them, no trade necessary. Just send me your address.

BUMP!

hi i am newbie on wooden nickel trading .. how i can make my own or can buy online or anything .... one is on way to tell me how .. i would like to have other option ? .. i have few that i found in cache ...

:blink:Woo Hoo... New Page!!! :P

:) I am Always looking for new wooden nickels and Sig. Items. It also appears I need to be looking for a larger frame. :) A HUGE Thank you for everyone that's traded with me so far. :) A LOT of the nickels and tokens won't fit in the frame, I may have to custom make one. :blink:

f5284585-297e-463f-8014-5b934b817ae6.jpg

Hey can you help me out with degin for my own wooden nickel ... with best design i will send two of best deign to person who set up the best .... u can email me or add here it up to you .... for fornt and back ... log and number and cache total ..... front it up to you with deaf theme ....

Hey can you help me out with degin for my own wooden nickel ... with best design i will send two of best deign to person who set up the best .... u can email me or add here it up to you .... for fornt and back ... log and number and cache total ..... front it up to you with deaf theme ....

If your are asking, which you are. Maybe using the top of the picture you have as your avator. I really like the ear outline and the geocaching logo thing behind it. As far as the other side goes you can keep it simple. Deafhunt was here. TFTC. There are lots of different designs and things you can do. A wooden nickel and a tatoo are kinda alike. Make darn sure you like what your getting before you get it.

Dardevle

ok ... i will make my own but i use deaf ear which kind of ituled to deaf cultruate because many many people keep say HEARING IMPAIR ..... THAT NAME I WANT THAT NAME TO NOT BE EXIT !!!!!!!!!!!!! I WANT THAT NAME TO REPLACE DEAF !!!!!!!!!

Easy does it my Alaskan cowboy Geocacher. You are who you are. You are deaf right?! Go with it and make the best of it. You are unique and your wooden nickel will be unique also. Maybe the 23 1/2 hours of daylight is getting to you ya know. Tooo much daylight, you get tired cuz you are almost out caching 24/7 with no sleep. Almost sounds FUN. I wasn't rippin' on you. I've seen you around in the forums alot latley. I guess I like to sit back and observe as some others do. I think you need to turn the heat down on the old tea kettle, it tends to blow off steam quite a bit. Take er' easy and just go with the flow. :)

Dardevle

:cool: Wow, I haven't checked this thread in quite awhile, looks like there's a few more wooden nickel traders out there, I have my own stamped nickels for trade if anyone would be interested. Just shoot me an email through my profile. Gotta love the nickels. :cool:

I'll trade with you. I'll shoot you an e-mail. Hey '57chevy, Is your theme song "I've got a rock-n-roll heart" by Eric Clapton?

BUMP!!!

I second that "BUMP!!!" :lol:

I'm almost sure there are some new traders out there, where are you? I haven't sent out any wooden nickels or poker chips in a while. Time to get some more people interested in trading nickels, they make great swag items, and I leave as many in caches as I trade.

All traders have to start somewhere. Those of us with little money have nickels made, or make our own.

I started with nickels, then had a non-trackable coin made. I decided to do a poker chip, then went back and had more non-trackable coins made in a different metal.

I've stopped trading coins for a while, the latest version only goes into caches I find worthy of leaving one. Some day I'll step-up and have a trackable coin made.

But I always have nickels and chips ready to mail, and can always make more.

And I repeat my long-standing offer. If you're thinking of doing nickels, but don't know where to start, I will send you my instructions along with a sample to help you get started.

Just send e-mail to me thru my profile. Better yet, send me a trade offer!!!!!!!!!! :D

Ive decided enoughs enough for this trade so i am going to name and shame the trader. It was " The Collector". He sure lives up to his name and i advise his future traders to think before they trade with him..Ive recieved nothing after over 2 months and he received my coin about a week after i sent it out. I sure wont be sending my coin out before i recieve the one i am trading for next time..

We have not gotten these yet, I just got the email with the mock up from geonickel.com but they did a great job on ours. I can't wait to get them. We are planning on putting them in caches that we consider to be handicapped/wheelchair accessible and trade for them at events. I'm hoping to get some before we go to Geocoinfest. I don't know if I will mail these out or not for trade but I will decide when we get back and if we have any left. I may have to reorder them after Geocoinfest.

geonickle.jpg

Edited by Nochipra

I only have one trade I'm waiting to receive, so I thought I'd try to get something going here.

I have nickels and poker chips to trade.

Or, if you need help with how to make your own nickels or chips, I will send you a sample with instructions as to how I did them, no trade necessary. Just send me your address.

BUMP!

I've been wanting to get into wooden nickel trading... How about sending me those instructions if you wouldn't mind...

Thanks a million {nickels} that is.. :lol:

We have not gotten these yet, I just got the email with the mock up from geonickel.com but they did a great job on ours. I can't wait to get them. We are planning on putting them in caches that we consider to be handicapped/wheelchair accessible and trade for them at events. I'm hoping to get some before we go to Geocoinfest. I don't know if I will mail these out or not for trade but I will decide when we get back and if we have any left. I may have to reorder them after Geocoinfest.

geonickle.jpg

Oh! No fair!! This is wooden nickel TRADING! Don't wave that picture in front of us and then say you don't know if you're trading! No fair!! :D

geonickle.jpg

Oh! No fair!! This is wooden nickel TRADING! Don't wave that picture in front of us and then say you don't know if you're trading! No fair!! :D

I probably will, it all depends on the cost of how many I have to order and the shipping cost involved if a lot of people are interested but I want to debute them in person at geocoinfest first before I do anything.

I have wooden nickels for trade as well. I recently bought a wood burner and started making my own sig item. Some are circle nickels and some are triangle. Because I am using a wood burner, no two items look identical. Its been alot of fun making these and hope to trade with anyone who is interested. Just shoot me an email and i'll send ya one!

I have wooden nickels for trade as well. I recently bought a wood burner and started making my own sig item. Some are circle nickels and some are triangle. Because I am using a wood burner, no two items look identical. Its been alot of fun making these and hope to trade with anyone who is interested. Just shoot me an email and i'll send ya one!

Email sent for a trade!

:P

Email sent for a trade!

:P

:P Ditto. :)

Me too!!!!!!!! :P

Me three!

Ive recently made some sig items; polished pieces of quartz with a few words written on. Unfortunately ive had a bad experience with a trade from this thread so i would ask if you want to trade that i receive your item before i ship out mine. Email me through my profile to arrange a trade.

Happy caching

Lotho

Hello. I have been reading the forums for months now getting ideas on making our own wooden nickels. I finally have one that I am happy with. I just wanted to thank everyone for the great ideas on making them. We started with clear stickers but ended up getting a couple of custom rubber stamps made. We may in the future get a different one for the back that has our city and state, but for now I am pleased with it. Will probably end up doing a nickel for the kids too. They had to have their own username.

viktornickel.jpg

I would love to trade if anyone is interested. Just email me through the profile. Not too many nickels to be found in caches around here unfortunately.

woodennickels2.jpg

We just got our wooden nickels in today and I want to do some trading but I don't want to spend a lot on postage, how do you all trade yours? Do you just send them in regular envelopes with a regular stamp or do you put them in bubble envelopes? I have a few envelopes from coin trades and purchases but not a lot of people use regular stamps on their envelopes? I want to be able to just put them in our mail box instead of having to keep going to the post office. Any advice is appreciated.