Wooden Nickel Trading

Ladycacher

Happy New Year Everyone!

Our Wooden Nickel will be arriving next week!

We are willing to trade these for wooden nickels, tokens, coins, and other sig. items.

Please email us and we will be happy to trade with you.

Other than wooden nickels we also have 20 numbered handmade sig. tokens(only 13 left), which were made using mostly real foriegn currency coins which were ground down a bit then stamped. These are reserved for special trades! If you have a proposal, email us!

If you have nothing to trade look around we will be spreading the wooden nickels into caches. Later this year we are planning an event with some new caches and have reserved a couple of the tokens for this.

619052-400x171.jpg

This is the artwork for the wooden nickel

DSC00521-367x172.jpg

These are 2 examples of what the tokens look like

B) Look forward to hearing from you all soon! B)

Thanks for the coins. I guess I was lucky #16. That is a cool looking coin. I like the bag they came in also. Thanks for the coin and wooden nickels.

Has anyone else had coins broken in the mail? I was going to send mine out in envelopes but should they be bubblewrapped? Seems like an unnecessary expense but if there is a lot of broken coins floating around maybe not.

Well if you look up my last post it tells about my dealing with broken coins I had 3 out of 7 coins come broken to me so i think bubble is a must unless they are pokerchips

Did my nickle come thru okay?

Has anyone else had coins broken in the mail? I was going to send mine out in envelopes but should they be bubblewrapped? Seems like an unnecessary expense but if there is a lot of broken coins floating around maybe not.

Well if you look up my last post it tells about my dealing with broken coins I had 3 out of 7 coins come broken to me so i think bubble is a must unless they are pokerchips

I don't think it's possible to break your nickels, ATMouse. ;)

I don't think it's possible to break your nickels, ATMouse. ;)

:D

Oh...well...

That's probably true. :D

They are a big ole honkin' thing. But I love making them.

To those of you who have sent me an email about trading, I mailed off a bunch of envelopes today! Thanks so much for trading with me. If you don't receive it in a week or so let me know and we'll try it again. ;)

Ok, 2 more sent out! WAHOO! This gets me thinking about how many I will eventually have. How many wooden nickels do you guys have so far, and do you have a picture of all of them? I know once I see them I will have nickel envy... :D

I don't think it's possible to break your nickels, ATMouse. :D

:D

Oh...well...

That's probably true. ;)

They are a big ole honkin' thing. But I love making them.

And that's why I like collecting wooden nickels. They represent the cacher, and in your case, some other extra talents as well. I still look at them and admire the handy-work done. Truly unique.

To those of you who have sent me an email about trading, I mailed off a bunch of envelopes today! Thanks so much for trading with me. If you don't receive it in a week or so let me know and we'll try it again. ;)

Ok, 2 more sent out! WAHOO! This gets me thinking about how many I will eventually have. How many wooden nickels do you guys have so far, and do you have a picture of all of them? I know once I see them I will have nickel envy... :D

Wow you guys are SUPER FAST! I received three in the mail today.

The Dreamcachers

slowdownracer

racer2814

Thanks so much! They all look great! :D

Wow you guys are SUPER FAST! I received three in the mail today.

The Dreamcachers

slowdownracer

racer2814

Thanks so much! They all look great! :D

Welcome to the fun of wooden nickel trading !!! :D

No prob. I am glad you liked the GeoCube. You are the very first to get that one. I just realized that I sent you the original one. I sent you mine :D . I will have to wait until I make more to get mine. :laughing: Maybe I can trade myself for one of them. :D

Edit to say: Thanks to you and The Collector for taking the pics for me.

Edited by GeoSmurfz

Anyone wanna have a cow? I just created my wooden nickels and would like to trade anyone who's interested to build my 9-year-old son's beginning collection. Here's the design on mine: moozercoin.gif

It's printed on a clear label applied to the wooden blank.

Thanks!

Moozer (Donald)

Hello!

I think that we have arranged trades with almost everyone on this forum. :D If by chance you have been missed and are interested in trading sig items with me, we have a penguin italian charm and custom card. You can see it at the following link;

http://chantal.bechervaise.googlepages.com/home

If it has been a couple of weeks since we arranged a trade and you have not yet received mine please let me know.

Thanks! :D

EDITED TO ADD: Received trades from GC Hounds and Welch today. Thanks! :laughing:

Edited by PengoFamily

I have wooden nickels and poker chips to trade.

5e474544-b99a-481f-a741-f11dfe2814ca.jpg

The nickels and chips have the same images. Mustang Dreamin' is the front side,

Geocaching Since is the back side.

The nickels are the usual 1.5", the chips are 11g and I have Black, White, Red, Green, or Blue.

Let me know if you have a color preference.

I'd prefer to be contacted by e-mail via my grounspeak profile. You can also see larger versions

of the token graphics there.

Today was a good day got like 6 packages in the mail

Sad part all but 3 had broken nickels inside

I got packages from

Eagle-2: Nothing broken and I love all of your items very cool :D

Ferris Family of five: Nothing Broken and Also very cool pokerchips :lol:

Team Lightning Bug: Came but one coin was broken :lol:

Mustcache: Also came but one was broken :D

Silver & Lucy: Came 2 outta 3 were fine but the Stamped one was smashed into about 10 peices :lol:

Dressels Dragons: I already got one of their coins but Now i have 2 ones going into my Sig. item Cache :)

Thanks for all the trades

Sorry to hear one of our nickels was broken, I will have another one in the mail for you tomorrow..

Harry

Anyone wanna have a cow? I just created my wooden nickels and would like to trade anyone who's interested to build my 9-year-old son's beginning collection. Here's the design on mine: moozercoin.gif

It's printed on a clear label applied to the wooden blank.

Thanks!

Moozer (Donald)

I have wooden nickels and poker chips to trade.

5e474544-b99a-481f-a741-f11dfe2814ca.jpg

The nickels and chips have the same images. Mustang Dreamin' is the front side,

Geocaching Since is the back side.

The nickels are the usual 1.5", the chips are 11g and I have Black, White, Red, Green, or Blue.

Let me know if you have a color preference.

I'd prefer to be contacted by e-mail via my grounspeak profile. You can also see larger versions

of the token graphics there.

Both of you have Mail

I received nickels from three today (my first three trades)!

Moon Unit

GCHound

SlowDownRacer (1 was broken but the other in tact - thanks much)

All three are awesome. I just got into these so I'm still learning as I go but these have definitely given me some ideas for my next round - thanks to all three.

New name, old cacher...

Here are the newest arrivals...

sig_items.jpg

Limited quantities due to limited cash flow at the moment...

Please email me at marcb30@hotmail.com instead of using PM. Thanks

Cheers!

I would like to apologize to all who have sent their tokens, but have yet to receive ours.

Due to some unexpected expenses, I was not able to send these out as soon as I could.

They will be sent out this coming weekend, right after payday.

Thanks again to everyone!

PS, I still have many left to trade if anyone is interested!

Marc

The carrier was good to us too! We received: dist1,smilingsteeles,and crossroad nomads.We love 'em all! We don't like the mail sorter though, it broke our crossroad nomads nickle in three pieces!!!

Sorry to hear that :anicute:

We will get you another one out ASAP ! :(

We sent some thru the sorter in the first bunch we mailed, but have been paying the extra for the hand stamp since then!

Again .. our apologies

The carrier was good to us too! We received: dist1,smilingsteeles,and crossroad nomads.We love 'em all! We don't like the mail sorter though, it broke our crossroad nomads nickle in three pieces!!!

Sorry to hear that :anicute:

We will get you another one out ASAP ! :(

We sent some thru the sorter in the first bunch we mailed, but have been paying the extra for the hand stamp since then!

Again .. our apologies

:anicute: My postmaster gives me the stamp and lets me do it myself and doesn't charge extra! :anicute:

Got the mail today and 5 envelopes were waiting!!

islander1988.... very cool handmade items!!! :unsure:

hsbeach.. love the car!

3doxies

mustache

Haughton's Hunters.. first metal token like this I've seen!

Thanks everyone!!!

Working on getting a pic posted of our collection so far!

Also put outgoing mail today to 3 more destinations!