Wooden Nickel Trading

Ladycacher

Happy New Year Everyone!

Our Wooden Nickel will be arriving next week!

We are willing to trade these for wooden nickels, tokens, coins, and other sig. items.

Please email us and we will be happy to trade with you.

Other than wooden nickels we also have 20 numbered handmade sig. tokens(only 13 left), which were made using mostly real foriegn currency coins which were ground down a bit then stamped. These are reserved for special trades! If you have a proposal, email us!

If you have nothing to trade look around we will be spreading the wooden nickels into caches. Later this year we are planning an event with some new caches and have reserved a couple of the tokens for this.

619052-400x171.jpg

This is the artwork for the wooden nickel

DSC00521-367x172.jpg

These are 2 examples of what the tokens look like

<_< Look forward to hearing from you all soon! :(

Happy New Year Everyone!

We are willing to trade these for wooden nickels, tokens, coins, and other sig. items.

Other than wooden nickels we also have 20 numbered handmade sig. tokens(only 13 left), which were made using mostly real foriegn currency coins which were ground down a bit then stamped. These are reserved for special trades! If you have a proposal, email us!

If you have nothing to trade look around we will be spreading the wooden nickels into caches. Later this year we are planning an event with some new caches and have reserved a couple of the tokens for this.

619052-400x171.jpg

DSC00521-367x172.jpg

:blink: Look forward to hearing from you all soon! :blink:

Email sent for a trade!

:rolleyes:

Happy New Year Everyone!

619052-400x171.jpg

DSC00521-367x172.jpg

:blink: Look forward to hearing from you all soon! :rolleyes:

email sent

Edited by TheCollector

Received sig. items from everyone listed below. Waiting on a few recent trades and a couple I didn't receive have been emailed. If anyone did not receive ours please email me. Thank you so much for everything I've received, they are all awesome and unique.

Received:

Welch , Team Moon Unit, The Collector, Docdesi , DreamCachers,

SlowdownRacer, ATMouse , *TNT* , Shootie , GBOTS,

57Chevy , Two Phat Geocacher, butbyice , Deweyz , Pengo Family,

Vegas Gamblers , Team GCHound , Bomber John , 3Doxies , Dressel Dragons,

SummerandNana , HSBeach , blenz , Larry739 , Evelbug,

Cache Family , Gordoslim , Ferreter5, bobuk , WrightStuff

Edited by racer2814

I have about 15 wooden nickels on hand that I would love to trade with others here. I would include a pic but they come out blurry (older dig. camera). I hand paint each one and they take about 15 minutes each to make. So consider it a surprise. If you send an email with your info. I'll send one out to you if you're interested. If there is enough interest, I'll work on painting some more.

Tsunrisebey

Happy New Year Everyone!

619052-400x171.jpg

DSC00521-367x172.jpg

:rolleyes: Look forward to hearing from you all soon! :rolleyes:

e-mail sent

Edited by Tennessee Jed

Here is a list of all the trades we have in progress right now....

TheCollector

DayHunters

Racer2814

Islander1988

Tennessee Jed

Two Phat Geocacher

The Dream Cachers

Welch

Slowdownracer

PengoMommy/PengoFamily

tsunrisebey

if you wanted to trade but do not see your name on this list, please let us know!

We definately don't want to miss anyone!

Thanks to all for the trade offers!!!

Looking forward to adding to our obsession

If anyone is wondering... we are still trading!

Edited by CrossRoadNomads

I have about 15 wooden nickels on hand that I would love to trade with others here. I would include a pic but they come out blurry (older dig. camera). I hand paint each one and they take about 15 minutes each to make. So consider it a surprise. If you send an email with your info. I'll send one out to you if you're interested. If there is enough interest, I'll work on painting some more.

Tsunrisebey

Email sent :huh:

Tsunrisebey

e-mail sent :huh:

Mailed out today:

Tennessee Jed

CrossRoadNomads

Tsunrisebey

I have sent emails to:

Kin9sPank

Pengofamily

Anyone else that has not traded, send me an email by from profile.

I am also working on pictures of my current wooden nickels on profile.

Thanks,

Team GCHound

Administrator

Indianageocaching.com

Edited by Team GCHound

I'll have to check this thread more often. I'm afraid I'm going to miss out on something special, if I haven't already.

I've just sent emails to about a dozen cachers about trades.

I saw some discussion about a Wooden Nickel Trading cache. You might also consider just holding a Signature Item Swap event. I just had one a local buffet-type restaurant. We reserved a room and had a great time. Some of us displayed our personal sig item collections. A lot of new cachers came to get ideas on what to do for their own sig items. Plus I was able to get a few new sig items for my collection. Please be advised that I hereby claim royalty rights for this idea. If you hold a similar event, you must send me a signature item of your choice as a royalty payment. Just email me for the mailing address...

--SirGerald

I'll have to check this thread more often. I'm afraid I'm going to miss out on something special, if I haven't already.

I've just sent emails to about a dozen cachers about trades.

I saw some discussion about a Wooden Nickel Trading cache. You might also consider just holding a Signature Item Swap event. I just had one a local buffet-type restaurant. We reserved a room and had a great time. Some of us displayed our personal sig item collections. A lot of new cachers came to get ideas on what to do for their own sig items. Plus I was able to get a few new sig items for my collection. Please be advised that I hereby claim royalty rights for this idea. If you hold a similar event, you must send me a signature item of your choice as a royalty payment. Just email me for the mailing address...

--SirGerald

It was a fun event! :D

I got a few new items as well....

got alot of trades today

WrightStuff - dont remeber this trade so if i haven't traded you yet contact me

TennesseeJed-Love the pokerchip

Geosmurfz-where would you like your photos cause this is a cool wooden card

Thanks All its these are great

You can post it here if you like. I can't seem to figure this thing out to post pics. Also if you could email it to me that would be great. Thanks GeoSmurfz

Today I received an e-mail from someone I sent wooden nickels to and one of them was broken. I have sent over 100 nickels in the mail and use perhaps the cheapest packaging and postage possible. I have never had to have my envelopes hand-cancelled or pay extra postage. I guess I consider myself lucky.

But if you have ever recieved any of my nickels broken, or if you ever receive one of my nickels broken, I want to know about it and I will replace it immediately.

I know we're just talking about wooden nickels here, but everyone of them represents another geocacher I've had the luck of making contact with. It's getting cold here in PA and I haven't done alot of geocaching lately. So these wooden nickel trades mean alot while I try to keep from freezing.

Have I received any broken nickels? :P:P:drama:

You know if I did. :blink::P;)

Today was a good day got like 6 packages in the mail

Sad part all but 3 had broken nickels inside

I got packages from

Eagle-2: Nothing broken and I love all of your items very cool :angry:

Ferris Family of five: Nothing Broken and Also very cool pokerchips :angry:

Team Lightning Bug: Came but one coin was broken :angry:

Mustcache: Also came but one was broken :laughing:

Silver & Lucy: Came 2 outta 3 were fine but the Stamped one was smashed into about 10 peices :angry:

Dressels Dragons: I already got one of their coins but Now i have 2 ones going into my Sig. item Cache :D

Thanks for all the trades

Edited by TheCollector

I just got into all of this and have my own Sig Nickel available for trade if anyone is interested. The stamps front and back are hand carved so they are unique but not professional looking necessarily. I will post pics as soon as I get them downloaded.

Contact me if you're interested in a trade.

I've received 2 wood nickels that were broken but a little wood glue and a spray of acrylic and they are good as new.

Received since my last post - Sliver+Lucy , eagle-2, 3bunts.

Have not received (has been a month)- Queens Borrowers , DiS02 , GeoGypsy

plus some more recent ones that I'll give some time.

Today I received a little package that included a hand painted nickel by tsunrisebey.

Thank you tsunrisebey, for this beautiful addition to my collection.

:)

I'm glad it arrived! I got yours today also. Loved it :) Thanks!

Thank you also goes out to for items received today;

***slowdownracer....very nice!

***racer2814 and Texican Space Cowboy...makes me want to head to the nearest Craps table (I guess I hadn't realized that this was going to be two seperate cachers, so I'm going to send one more nickel your way.)

***Cross Road Nomads....very nice! Cute pouch.

***GC Hounds, got yours the other day, it was the 1st wooden nickel I have received. Very nice!

I have just painted up some more and will be sending the next group out on Monday.

Thank you all for the wonderful trades, they have given me some neat ideas. All the wooden nickels you received are numbered, only 100 will be made then I'll move onto another nature design.

:) Anyone else who would like to trade, feel free to contact me.

Tsun :laughing:

Today was a good day got like 6 packages in the mail

Sad part all but 2 had broken nickels inside

I got packages from

Eagle-2: Nothing broken and I love all of your items very cool :)

Ferris Family of five: Nothing Broken and Also very cool pokerchips B)

Team Lightning Bug: Came but one coin was broken :laughing:

Mustcache: Also came but one was broken :)

Silver & Lucy: Came 2 outta 3 were fine but the Stamped one was smashed into about 10 peices :)

Dressels Dragons: I already got one of their coins but Now i have 2 ones going into my Sig. item Cache :)

Thanks for all the trades

TheCollector

Glad you like our sig item.

Thanks for the trade.

Eagle-2

Has anyone else had coins broken in the mail? I was going to send mine out in envelopes but should they be bubblewrapped? Seems like an unnecessary expense but if there is a lot of broken coins floating around maybe not.

Well if you look up my last post it tells about my dealing with broken coins I had 3 out of 7 coins come broken to me so i think bubble is a must unless they are pokerchips

Edited by TheCollector

Good to see some new names here trading. If you have not traded with me email me. You can see the front and back art work of my wooden nickel on my profile page.

CrossRoadnomads--got yours in the mail in good shape and it looks good. :)

tsunrisebey--got yours yesterday it is on of the best nickels I have seen, but it was in three pieces. Mail was not kind to this one. I like the Deer Spirit Medicine and feather. :laughing:

Thanks

Team GCHound :)

Recently I found the perfect little bubble envelopes for mailing my nickels, pathtags, and coin trades. Outside dimensions 5x5. Packit Right Mini-050. 50 count for $4.50.

Thought I'd share the info.

:laughing:

I'll get you out a new one, I'll make sure I bubble wrap it this go 'round. Sorry about that. I'm glad you liked it anyway.

If anyone else gets a broken one, let me know, it's cheap to mail, I'll send out another one.

Tsun