Wooden Nickel Trading

Ladycacher

You might be right, ATMouse. I've received some interesting tokens/swag items along with my nickel trades. Personal geocaching business cards, keychains, buttons, sculpies, plastic stars, poker chips, post cards, carabiners, bottle openers, etc........... And I appreciate every trade I've made, thank you all.

But all I have to trade right now are our personalized wooden nickels.

I guess our little corner of the geocaching world will grow as the geocaching adventure grows. Welcome all newbies!

I may have a non-trackable geocoin available in the near future. But that's a different thread altogether, and probably not one for this forum at all. You know the rules.

Enough rant for today.

Darn, down to page two again.

How comes everybody doesn't have a wooden nickel to trade? :):tired::)

Just wishful thinking. Always looking for more traders.

Yea this thread keeps getting longer, but its the same people bumping it not new offers :blink:

As for encouraging new stuff....

How about offering to send people your nickel/chip/token/whatever just for fun? Maybe if they get a couple tokens and they'll think the stuff's cool too and create their own.

Great idea welch!!! :tired:

I'd be willing to send a wooden nickel to anyone who asks for one, along with details on how I had it made, or who made it, or how I made it myself.

OK, anyone who reads this thread, the offer stands.

My nickels are pictured in posts #125, #313, and #460.

I just hope I don't get about 1000 requests. :blink:

Great idea welch!!! :tired:

I'd be willing to send a wooden nickel to anyone who asks for one, along with details on how I had it made, or who made it, or how I made it myself.

My nickels are pictured in posts #125, #313, and #460.

I just hope I don't get about 1000 requests. :blink:

Sorry all for the delay, I just finished up my classwork to become a licensed realtor & passed our exams for it last nite.....

I want to thank 57' for his awesome coins, I'm sure there will be a packet or two headed my way in exchange for the couple I've sent out recently.

On another side note.. I'm going to change my groups wood nicks shortly, instead of doing 3 individual coins I'm going to reduce it down to 1 team coin. Since we usually cache together it was becoming redundent to drop 3 wood nicks.

And Clan Dragon's wood nicks on still on the backburner (sorry DragonRebel). Its going to have the same dragon design on it but I havent figured out the front yet.

Later.

Diane

I have tried making my own by hand. It's a lot more work, and not as professional looking, but all it costs me is my time. :rolleyes: I used a chop saw to cut the disks, and I grew the tree the wood came from myself from a seed, so I call them my home grown wooden nickels.

http://islander1988.741.com/images/woodenNickels.jpg

I haven't made any for a while, though I've got lots of disks cut. Maybe I'll do more this winter when the messy weather hits inside. Lately I've been making stone nickels instead.

http://islander1988.741.com/images/slateNickels.jpg

Edit: Looks like the links to the individual images don't work due to host restrictions. You can see them on http://islander1988.741.com/tokens.htm

Edited by islander1988

cool cool cool, got 2 more coins today...Welchs & DayHunters.

I got to add a FYI on mine though, it seems all I have left are what I call 'mixed' coins, since theres 3 of us I may have in a set say 2 1.75" with a 1 1.5" coin, or another may be 2 1.5" & 1 1.75".

Just want to let anyone that wants to trade know that upfront.

Nice coins both sets, although I will have to admit that in my limited experience DayHunters are the funniest I have seen yet.

As I see coins, I get ideas, & I must say everyone here has given me some excellent ideas. I miss the fact I no longer have that lightning struck pine in my backyard but I figure it would be too sticky/sappy anyways to make good use of.

I hoped all summer one of the nice old oaks, holly or maples would get hit but not this year it looks like.

Anyways, cool coins. Later

I'm in the process of planning a nickel for my hubbys birthday in February... I registered on GC site in Aug of 2005 but we didn't start actually caching until April of 2006 (family issues). What date should I put on the coin? Cacheing since 05 or 06?

I may be willing to trade a few, but these are going to be hand stamped and colored in by me (I think... current thought that is) so who knows. It's a ways off at any rate.

I've gotten a lot of good ideas off of this forum for making my own coins. Thanks for all of the ideas!

I'm in the process of planning a nickel for my hubbys birthday in February... I registered on GC site in Aug of 2005 but we didn't start actually caching until April of 2006 (family issues). What date should I put on the coin? Cacheing since 05 or 06?

I may be willing to trade a few, but these are going to be hand stamped and colored in by me (I think... current thought that is) so who knows. It's a ways off at any rate.

I've gotten a lot of good ideas off of this forum for making my own coins. Thanks for all of the ideas!

WHAT!? NO TRADES?? ;)

I'd say you can do it two ways: member since___, or caching since____.

I'm curious...how many trade offers do people get when they offer a signature item to trade?

Right now I'd like like to put out an offer to anyone whom I may have crossed paths with...people I've met, cached with, etc. I'm not even sure if any of those people watch this thread, but I don't have time for open trading quite yet. :P

Here's my wooden nickel (they're numbered on the back):

egnix200.jpg

I'm curious...how many trade offers do people get when they offer a signature item to trade?

Right now I'd like like to put out an offer to anyone whom I may have crossed paths with...people I've met, cached with, etc. I'm not even sure if any of those people watch this thread, but I don't have time for open trading quite yet. :D

Here's my wooden nickel (they're numbered on the back):

egnix200.jpg

With each nickel I've made so far, I've made about 20 trades of each, sometimes more than 1 per trade. I've left about 20 of each in caches, and gave away about 20 to friends and family.

I'm ready to trade anytime you are.

BUMP!

I don't yet have any geocoins but I do have trading cards. I give them to cachers I meet, but im willing to make one just for geocaching.com. They are limited to 64 per version so if you want to trade send me a email will trade for anything (wooden nickel, Geocards, Button, Magnet, etc) just send trade request . If you want a certain number just ask.

pic below.

TheCollectorTradingCardsGC-1.jpg

Email mnartist@gmail.com

They will be laminated and ready to ship as soon as I get Trade Requests

Edited by TheCollector

I don't yet have any geocoins but I do have trading cards. I give them to cachers I meet, but im willing to make one just for geocaching.com. They are limited to 64 per version so if you want to trade send me a email will trade for anything (wooden nickel, Geocards, Button, Magnet, etc) just send trade request . If you want a certain number just ask.

pic below.

TheCollectorTradingCardsGC-1.jpg

Email mnartist@gmail.com

They will be laminated and ready to ship as soon as I get Trade Requests

Email sent!

:D

Same for me <_<

I think at this point I've already traded (or arranged to) with everyone in this thread anyways, so if there's anyone else that wants one of wooden nickels (which can be seen in post 266), Just me an email or PM.

I still have nickles to trade, are there any traders who I have'nt traded with yet? The Collector, I will trade with you, look for my email to exchange info. These nickles keep getting better and better. I rarely ever find any in caches, it's all about the trading I guess <_<

I still have nickles to trade, are there any traders who I have'nt traded with yet? The Collector, I will trade with you, look for my email to exchange info. These nickles keep getting better and better. I rarely ever find any in caches, it's all about the trading I guess <_<

I've left plenty of wooden nickels in geocaches. I don't know if anyone takes them, but I leave them.