Wooden Nickel Trading

Ladycacher

Just wanted to bump in on your trade discussions and ask what the oppinion was of those who leave thier sig. items in a cache.....

Do you leave them there with the purpose of someone trading them out or for the owner of the cache?

I leave them for whoever gets there first. <_<

The worst thing is if nobody takes them and they just sit.

<_< I'd have to agree, sometimes I'll leave two if I really like the cache. :wacko:

I take them as I like to collect sig items. I only have a few I have found in caches. Since there is no possible way I can afford to mint a coin maybe I should try to make a wooden coin set. I got one coin in a cache that seems to have a sticker on the surface. What is your opinion of this compared to one that has been stamped?

Ms Piggy and Cookie Monster are no longer available due to the two members leaving the team and requesting everything pertaining to them be removed from circulation.

Thanks!

So does that make my complete set that much more valuable :laughing: ?

Lol... only a few are in circulation, so I guess that would be a yes! ;)

Anyway...

Just updating my received list.... thanks to all!

- Damenace

- 3bunts

- Sir Gerald

- Tucson Twosome

- Dream Cachers

- summerandnana

Look for my custom Signature Coolection page soon... (Yes, I spelt collection wrong on purpose... sounds better as coolection.

;)

tokens-reduced2.jpg

These are all that are left

;)

GLAD you all find it so amusing!

Just wanted to bump in on your trade discussions and ask what the oppinion was of those who leave thier sig. items in a cache.....

Do you leave them there with the purpose of someone trading them out or for the owner of the cache?

I leave them for whoever gets there first. :(

The worst thing is if nobody takes them and they just sit.

B) I'd have to agree, sometimes I'll leave two if I really like the cache. B)

I take them as I like to collect sig items. I only have a few I have found in caches. Since there is no possible way I can afford to mint a coin maybe I should try to make a wooden coin set. I got one coin in a cache that seems to have a sticker on the surface. What is your opinion of this compared to one that has been stamped?

I collect sig items too. In fact I'll grab almost anything that has another players name on it. I used to like the inked nickels best, printed or screened, but the ones with the stickers can have much more detail and color. Hand made ones are really the coolest. People take the time and put effort into making them, and they turn out really nice. Sculpys are cool too.

Eventually I will, making mine mostly by hand.. stamping the dragon then hand-doing the reverse. Then sealing with lacquer spray.

I doubt anyone would care for them (shrugs) but who knows. I'll post here when I get the pics up.

Diane

Silly! How do you think I do mine? It's all by hand. Give us all a heads up when you are done.

Sheesh, since Shootie seems to want trades so badly :unsure: I'll see what I can do.

Sorry they are gifs, my server is having jpg issues. Obviously there are 3 of us in Team NR, the dragon is the flip side of our coins. And I have some others that I may be making wooden nickels for later this month or Nov. They like the dragon & I got the last stamp with no more coming in, hehehe. :huh:

One thing is the sizes vary, I was only able to get a few 3"-ers & more of the 2.5"-ers. If you have a preference I'll try to accomidate. If you only want a certain name, I'll try again. Certain numbers or no numbers I cant promise at this moment, after the 1st of Nov I may be able too so I'll let anyone know that if they ask.

I'll probably be changing them slightly in their next run, think I'll drop the flag & use the room for something like dates or states. The numbers are just my run numbers, not tracking.

Any suggestions, comments, complaints, let me know.

DiS02Coin.gif

CaptArtCoin.gif

EliasADCoin.gif

DragonCoin.jpg

Can email me straight here..DiS02@mindspring.com

Well, after almost 4 yrs of GCing, I FINALLY ordered my first set of wooden nickels. I got tired of trading items (a while ago, actually), and have been searching for something unique to drop off. I will reveal my coins as soon as they arrive! Hopefull,y next week.

Always good to see a new trader come onboard. :D Welcome!!

Please e-mail me when you are ready for trades

stupid frickin laptop.. grrr

okay, as I was saying.. I messed up on the sizes I had listed in my last post when I said they were 2.5" & 3" ers. I got some more blanks today & they have the sizes on them of 1.5" & 1.75".

Yah yah, whip me with a wet noodle. heh.

So I'm gonna edit my post of my coins, if you didnt want to trade cause of size issues 8-O

well, its fixed now so let me know, gonna be making a new batch but not changing the style quite yet.

Just got home with my icecream cake (chocolate ganache with devils foodcake & PB icecream, mmmm) & checked the mail...

lordy lordy guess whos forty.. puts aside

Yahhh!!! PA!!!! SlowDownRacer!!!!!! YAAAHHHHHAHHHAHHHA!!

first wood nicks to my collection & they are cool looking. I guess they are silk-screened? Or is that a custom stamp(s)?

I likey!

Thanks.

Diane, whos off to eat cake & make DR's coins now.

Got GBOTS and DayHunters tokens today in the mail!

Both very nice and got extras from DayHunters I'l be putting out when I cache for our local token collectors.

GBOTS, loved the star thingie, too!!!

DayHunters, weigh your mail...I had to get them out of hock, so to speak... :)

Thanks for the trades. :)

Gulp... sorry! I promise to weigh, if any of you still want to trade...

Goodness, it wasn't that big a deal for me - I have a PO Box. I'm just thinking it's not a bad idea for folks to weigh a package if they have any doubt.

I appreciate that I have several of these very cool wooden tokens to put out for our local collectors. Thank you!!!

Using this as an excuse to bump this higher... :blink:

Anymore trades out there?

BUMP.......

Any one still trading?

Yep, but we traded already! :tired:

How can we attract some new cachers to wooden nickel trading?

Darn, down to page two again.

How comes everybody doesn't have a wooden nickel to trade? :D:blink::)

Just wishful thinking. Always looking for more traders.

Ya know...maybe we ought to start a new thread...something attractive and seductive about sig items. :)

At least for me, it's about all sig items, not just wooden tokens. (If you have my wooden..ummm.. dollar, you know why I call them "tokens".)

So...how can we encourage others to develop sig items? Ideas?

You might be right, ATMouse. I've received some interesting tokens/swag items along with my nickel trades. Personal geocaching business cards, keychains, buttons, sculpies, plastic stars, poker chips, post cards, carabiners, bottle openers, etc........... And I appreciate every trade I've made, thank you all.

But all I have to trade right now are our personalized wooden nickels.

I guess our little corner of the geocaching world will grow as the geocaching adventure grows. Welcome all newbies!

I may have a non-trackable geocoin available in the near future. But that's a different thread altogether, and probably not one for this forum at all. You know the rules.

Enough rant for today.