Wooden Nickel Trading

Ladycacher

ive just had a new token made and its stunning i all well pleased. I really am excited about the finished token even though ive only seen a picture of it. My tokens have been made by Ziggy_Crew :)

wonder if a picture will appear on here of them

Here is the newest edition to SCAW's Wooden Nickel and Poker Chip. Enjoy!

aa8e3b9d-3aea-4388-983c-bc2dcb31ebb9.jpg

6d20adfe-d243-4fc1-bd2a-1e746de38b18.jpg

Would anyone like to trade for one of our wooden nickels? Also, I was wondering how you package them for mailing. I've mailed coins before but it seems like the wooden nickels wouldn't need as much protection since they're so much lighter, but I may be wrong...

3doxies (doxies are dachshunds for all you non-weiner dog people :) )

3doxies%20Wooden%20Nickel.jpg

We'd like to trade with you.

We sent a PM!

:grin:

Hey scaw,

I would be interested in trading.

Hiya

send me your address and as soon as they arrive will send out to you.

Ziggy Crew has made a fantastic job i cant wait till they arrive. Thanks for posting the pictures. I hadn't seen the pokerchip until now.

BobUK will send you them when they arrive as i know how you love collecting nickles.

At this rate i am going to need another order soon :(

Would anyone like to trade for one of our wooden nickels? Also, I was wondering how you package them for mailing. I've mailed coins before but it seems like the wooden nickels wouldn't need as much protection since they're so much lighter, but I may be wrong...

E-mailed you for a trade! =o) I send some in padded mailers, but If I am out of them I take an index card folded in half and tape the nickel in/on it (and tape around it kinda like it's own envelope) and put it in a regular Envelope, I talked to the postmaster here and she said to just make sure to write on the front of the envelope that it's Fragile and to Please Hand Cancel. Otherwise the wooden nickel will get jammed up in the sorting machines. I have received a few broken nickels and mangled envelopes that weren't marked fragile. Those sorting machines must be ruthless.

One of the biggest problems is that they aren't thin enough to go through the machines so they not only jam it up, they bugger up a few envelopes behind it too. I have written HAND CANCEL in big red letters in the lower right corner of the envelope, and sometimes it still gets sent through the machines. I have found that the best thing to do is wait in line (I know, it's a drag) and hand it through the window. They hand cancel it right there and put it into a separate box for sorting. I haven't lost any since I started doing that. It should also be noted that it cost an extra 13 cents postage for a hand canceled envelope. The lady at my post office recognizes me now, and she just gets her stamp out! :P She has started asking questions about it, and I promised to bring one in for her next time I mail them out. :( Maybe we'll have a new cacher soon.

3doxies (doxies are dachshunds for all you non-weiner dog people :( )

You've got mail! :P

Well, we finally did it! We had our own wooden nickel made! We have just a few for trade, because we intend to drop most of them in caches! Would be interested in trading a few, though, if you would send a pic of your coin. Mainly looking for coins from Texas, but will look at others, too!

***I keep trying to post a pic of mine here, but can't seem to figure it out. HELP!!!!!!!****

Well, we finally did it! We had our own wooden nickel made! We have just a few for trade, because we intend to drop most of them in caches! Would be interested in trading a few, though, if you would send a pic of your coin. Mainly looking for coins from Texas, but will look at others, too!

***I keep trying to post a pic of mine here, but can't seem to figure it out. HELP!!!!!!!****

Email sent!

You've got mail :D

I sent one too!

3doxies (doxies are dachshunds for all you non-weiner dog people :D )

Re: Dachshunds are like potato chips...

Yeah, I had about an 8-pack of dachshunds when I was growing up.

Those are rubber stamps, aren't they? That's what I am thinking of doing.

Re: Dachshunds are like potato chips...

Yeah, I had about an 8-pack of dachshunds when I was growing up.

Those are rubber stamps, aren't they? That's what I am thinking of doing.

I ordered them but, yes, I think they used a rubber stamp. The ink doesn't smear or anything though.

geonickels.com Mark did a great job and is very patient

I had ours made with Mark and am very happy with the Quality. He even came up with the design. Will add a photo of ours when I figure out how. :anitongue:

Ditto (well...except the design was my froggy, he did curve the writing as my software could not). Really like the nickels from him. Good work.

ive just had a new token made and its stunning i all well pleased. I really am excited about the finished token even though ive only seen a picture of it. My tokens have been made by Ziggy_Crew :ph34r:

wonder if a picture will appear on here of them

:ph34r: I have one of you're nickles. I work with Ziggy Crew and got it from him. It is a cool nickle!

He even made our nickle!

Edited by 3bunts

Just finished my newest nickel and FIMO token.

Here they are!

Smiley Nickel

219408827_ae4157b15d.jpg

Smiley FIMO

219408829_af687a4684.jpg

Some of the FIMOs look better than others, so I'm sorting them out at the moment.

I'll be sending one of each to the few people I am currently in the middle of a trade with.

MetroGT

We have been geocaching for about a month and a half. I've read these postings and am dying to start trading geocaching wooden nickels, but first I need to have some made. What are your suggestions for a source? I'll want to trade with everyone once I get ours.

:laughing: I had my nickles made by Ziggy Crew, and them came out great, I made the others with a stamp set!

I know he'll make some up if you ask him! :anibad:

Just a little info for anyone that currently has a trade set up with me... I mailed out 7 packages today.

Sorry for the delay, but I had to make more nickels, repair a vehicle, and take care of someone that had surgery... oh yeah... and wait for my internet service to become stable since some dufus crashed their vehicle into a main cable line and I was getting extremely unstable and slow service.

So in the infamous words of a late person...

It's in the mail!

Thanx,

MetroGT