Wooden Nickel Trading

Ladycacher

Yep,, I also have some wooden nickels to trade.. I also had a stamp with our logo made up, and I am now hand stamping wooden nickels as well...so I now have two styles of wooden nickels.....( hand stamped & logo sticker nickels) If anyone is interested in a hand stamped wooden nickel let me know..

Thanks

I've also started hand stamping some wooden nickels in addition to my others, it's fun to do and some traders actually prefer the stamped ones. :D

I've also started hand stamping some wooden nickels in addition to my others, it's fun to do and some traders actually prefer the stamped ones. :P

Got any pics of the new stamped nickels. Love to see how they came out.

The top five all have the 57chevy was here on one side.

d34ed299-a134-4b06-853e-d82af356fbc9.jpg

Edited by 57chevy

just to bump this to the top :ph34r:

but i have a new wooden nickel for trading you can see it in my trading list..

if you are intersted in a trade 1/1 you should know by now how to get in touch with me...

cheers from the u.k.

B.

token2.jpg

token1.jpg

token3.jpg

So here is my token. My original name was "ATMousebusters90" - it was my husband's and my trail name on the Appalachian Trail when we hiked it in 1990, so we used it for caching. Then he wanted his own name and I got tired of writing the darned thing, so I kept it, sort of and shortened it to ATMouse. My husband took "Toolman47". We both got stamps (mine was my atavar for a long time) and well, I used them for the token.

The edge has "CACHING SINCE SEPTEMBER 28, 2003" woodburned on it - it's a combination of inks, woodburning and applied glitter stuff, with urethane to keep it.

NYGO, is of course, the NY Geocacher's Organization and ACCA is the Allegany County Cacher's Association; I am a member of both. The shamrock is for my Irish heritage, kinda obvious, I suppose...

I am going to have to hold of on trades for a bit I think I have about 20 comming in I want to get these taken care of before I do more trades to aviod messing things up, a big thanks to all who I have traded with and a Huge thanks to those who have donated nickels for my nickel purse.........YOU GUYS/GALS ROCK!

token2.jpg

token1.jpg

token3.jpg

So here is my token. My original name was "ATMousebusters90" - it was my husband's and my trail name on the Appalachian Trail when we hiked it in 1990, so we used it for caching. Then he wanted his own name and I got tired of writing the darned thing, so I kept it, sort of and shortened it to ATMouse. My husband took "Toolman47". We both got stamps (mine was my atavar for a long time) and well, I used them for the token.

The edge has "CACHING SINCE SEPTEMBER 28, 2003" woodburned on it - it's a combination of inks, woodburning and applied glitter stuff, with urethane to keep it.

NYGO, is of course, the NY Geocacher's Organization and ACCA is the Allegany County Cacher's Association; I am a member of both. The shamrock is for my Irish heritage, kinda obvious, I suppose...

Wow, wow, wow! The pictures do not do these justice. They arrived last night and they're amazing! Really nice work guys and a great signature item. Great trade that we can't wait to show off. Thanks again :lol:

DSC00983.jpg

Check out the tokens on the right side of the picture!!! Whooooo-eeeeee! Y'all's stuff looks good, don't it???

(Unfortunately you can't see some that are lying flat behind the row. I need to make another display - thingie...)

Edited by ATMouse

DSC00983.jpg

Check out the tokens on the right side of the picture!!! Whooooo-eeeeee! Y'all's stuff looks good, don't it???

(Unfortunately you can't see some that are lying flat behind the row. I need to make another display - thingie...)

Is that a Moop Along Poker Chip (green) I see??? Very cool display. .

Hey, I can see my token! Cool! I like your idea for a display too, just a piece of wood (1x2 would work) with an angled saw cut ripped down it. Nice idea.

Nice collection.

Yup! I set the tablesaw gate at just under 3 1/4" at a 17 degree angle, ran the peice down, then re-set the gate at 3 1/8" and did it again. Checked to make sure the biggest coin fit, then re-set the gate at 5 1/4", ran it down, 5 1/8" and ran it again. Some sanding and look! a display thingie!!!

And if you really want to get fancy, put a nice routered edge on it and get a plexiglass cover (like for model trains) to keep the dust off.

That is EXACTLY what we want to do! (Yeah, yours DOES look good there...!)

ATmouse I'm confused......is your picture some kinda optical illusion all I see are books :(

Nice job we've been trying to figure out how to display ours also!

Thanks for the idea (I see ours there too! :( )

Have Fun

Blenz