Logging Virtuals

My apologies if this has been covered earlier.

I have visited a number of very specific locations is my lifetime that I now after searching on geocaching.com find out are virtuals. Most of these places I visited before I even started caching but I have the photo evidence or other info needed to log the cache. Would you log a virtual under these circumstances?

Well now...virtuals have a logging requirment. You should no more log the virtual for having been in the vicinity without meeting the requirment, than if you had been near a standard cache and not signed the log.

If by chance you did meet the logging requirment before you were a cacher, then I'd ask the owner about logging it. Most of them would probably be ok with it.

Most virts require that the finder has their GPSr in the pic to stop the logging of old vacation pics.

No they don't. :(

Would you prefer 'Most virts that require a pic for proof also require that your GPSr is in the shot'?

Great. The naked guy is debating me.

Edited by sbell111

I've logged three and asked the owner for permission not once and I never will. No problemo, trust me. :laughing:

The cache owner asks specific questions in order to validate the cache log. When these are answered correctly, you can log the virtual. There is no more to it, period. :laughing:

If the owner wants some type of visible proof, he/she will request it...they seldom make such a request. If they did and it was for a virtual that I had already visited and knew well enough to answer the owner's questions and he STILL wanted visible proof, I just would not log it...simple, eh? :(

Most virts require that the finder has their GPSr in the pic to stop the logging of old vacation pics.

No they don't. :laughing:

Would you prefer 'Most virts that require a pic for proof also require that your GPSr is in the shot'?

Great. The naked guy is debating me.

If it makes you feel better, sure. One thing for sure it certainly makes more sense don't it? :laughing: And as a bonus, in all liklihood it has a much greater probability of being correct information. Nice when it works out like that ain't it? :(